+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Drug to Ban...

anachronistic Guest
    It's a dirty job, to be a cop, but somebody has got to do it. As humans, we can only expect a corruption of power to take place, that is, in any kind of authority; even here on loveforum. Admit it, some if not all of the moderators here use their abilities to other members' disadvantage. Anyone that has any sort of power over you has probably taken advantage of you with it.

Actually, it depends on the person. For example, I've had to deal with the cops several times. Traffic law, noise complaints, minor things, though. I walked away from each of those situations without any sort of punishment. Police in general are a lot nicer than people give them credit for. In fact, I'd probably say they're far too lenient in some situations. If you're stopped by the cops, expect the worst, and be respectful that these people keep things from getting to crazy. Besides, you broke the law anyway, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Despite, I still think that we have a lot of garbage laws. Ban on drugs, ridiculous speed limits, you name it. I could go get a degree in politics and run for president and change all those things if I really wanted to, but you know what? I'm not going to because I don't give a damn.

So that's my Spiel on this gander at politics. I am sure I reinvented the wheel again by posting, so I will just go back into my corner and do something else.

this sucks. i'm joining a cop haters forum.

lilwang, us moderators have very little power. we don't carry guns, mace, or taser guns. we don't get cars, we don't get money, we don't get treated with kid gloves by the justice system. there's no comparison.

if the public trusts people with that kind of power, they better know who they're trusting, don't you think?

sad truth is when a cop does something ****ed up to people, people like dm come in and say they were right and let them get out there and do it again. the victims are turned into criminals and all other cops look bad and are put in danger.

i've seen it happen several times.
    Last edited by misombra; 14-03-08 at 08:15 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    do you have grandparents, dm? how would you feel if they did that to them?
    Imagine what would happen to the cop

sad truth is when a cop does something ****ed up to people, people like dm come in and say they were right and let them get out there and do it again. the victims are turned into criminals and all other cops look bad and are put in danger.

i've seen it happen several times.
    What happened to your boyfriends grandma is ****ed up and the cop should be out of a job and never again issued a badge. But I am YET to see a video on the internet where the person DIDN'T deserve to be tazed. The ones people claimed the person didn't deserve it, in all actuality they DID. Like the library one, I counted the cops asking the kid to leave literally about two dozen times. People were crying on the comments section like "OMG look at this abuse of authority!!". Personally if I was there I would have wanted to kick the kids face in for being such a fuccking tool

You know how many times I've had encounters with the police in the last 2 years? 3. One of these times the cops showed up at my house and wanted "to talk to me". I didn't end up in trouble because 1) I'm not a stupid motherfuccker and 2) I didn't give the cop a hard time or any attitude whatsoever for doing his fuccking job.

You know who the real thugs are? The gangbangers in the neighborhoods you don't want to enter because they'll beat up random people for fun and jack money from whoever an easy victim is. This shit happens many times all the time. THIS is what people should be concerned about, that type of scum
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 14-03-08 at 11:13 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll tell you something that did piss me off to no end. I think it was last summer, a cop was drunk and pulling out of somewhere less than a mile from where I live and pulled in front of a guy on his motorcycle. The motorcyclist died. The cop served 0 days in prison and he never will. I was furious

Think I'mma' get me some Salvia...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, Google for 'RCMP, Vancouver airport, & taser' if you want a horrible example just in the past year. They killed some poor fellow.

Gross unjustified misuse followed by an attempt to cover up a vid that showed the police were blatantly lying about what happened.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    lilwang, us moderators have very little power. we don't carry guns, mace, or taser guns. we don't get cars, we don't get money, we don't get treated with kid gloves by the justice system. there's no comparison.
    Fair enough, but I was not trying to compare the two, for whatever reason you thought that. Power is power, and forum mods are sometimes a good example. I'seen it with my own two eyes.

Furthermore, such cops that abuse their power are breaking the very laws they are supposed to protect. Such cops need to be justified. Just what are you getting at? I'm getting this to-hell-with-cops vibe. I don't think that does any good.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 14-03-08 at 12:08 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL!

A behind the scenes look at the power struggles of a forum mod...

to ban... or not to ban... that is the question.

Solution: random banning of members whenever you feel like it. I think there should be 'banning quotas', just like police have 'ticket quotas'.

Have YOU met your banning quota this month? Better yet, have you EXCEEDED your quota?

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL!

A behind the scenes look at the power struggles of a forum mod...

to ban... or not to ban... that is the question.

Solution: random banning of members whenever you feel like it. I think there should be 'banning quotas', just like police have 'ticket quotas'.

Have YOU met your banning quota this month? Better yet, have you EXCEEDED your quota?

Have you ever been given a ticket for a law you didn't break? I certainly haven't. I don't know anyone that has, either. I am sure it has happened one time or another, though. Not a common, every day thing, one should imagine.

Just like modding. I remember a few occasions where members were banned for no reason whatsoever. Maybe a 'quota', who knows.

The factor of a quota is really of no significance to the point I have made. That is the reason why power becomes corrupt. I'd say that the banning of a member by a mod would be by the intent of social reasoning, while handing out random tickets for a quota would pertain more to ethical intentions. The intent doesn't really matter; it doesn't justify anything; all that really matters is the corruption of power in and of itself.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    don't you notice how the government found the cure for a limp dick, yet they still are in search of a cure for aids.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

Furthermore, such cops that abuse their power are breaking the very laws they are supposed to protect. Such cops need to be justified. Just what are you getting at? I'm getting this to-hell-with-cops vibe. I don't think that does any good.
    Lilwang, such cops are not given justice most of the time. i don't think cops should go to hell, just die. i'm not really concerned with what they do after that.

anyway i said this before in this thread and others, in case you missed it. when these cops get away with abusing their power, it puts all cops in danger. it makes them more hated than they already are. i don't deny that there are good cops.

anyway, just to stay on topic. i don't believe in making any more stupid laws. i'm tired of the government pretending to be concerned with the welfare of children while the education system is crap and we're sending young men to die in war.
    Last edited by misombra; 14-03-08 at 10:05 PM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Cops are people and most people are assholes. What are you gonna do?
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    .... misombra for president?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    It was scary in that within 10 seconds of taking it, a wave of numb paralysation swept up my body, like a gradual voluntary drowning kinda feeling. And soon I felt like I really was only using 10 percent of my brain. I didn't know that I'd taken anything. I didn't know the people sitting across from me. I knew that they were good entities, though. I saw a tunnel on one side of my vision, like my body was halfway in another dimension... I felt like some force was trying to pull me away or something, and my friends sitting in the room were superimposed on the tunnel. Something like a tractor beam was on me.
    Scary Tiay. I'm glad you were okay & didn't take it again.

Sounds very dissociative. Like ketamine. I wonder how it would be if it was given in combination w/something like valium (which is what you do w/ketamine).

Thanks for answering my question, I found your description interesting.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Scary Tiay. I'm glad you were okay & didn't take it again.

Sounds very dissociative. Like ketamine. I wonder how it would be if it was given in combination w/something like valium (which is what you do w/ketamine).

Thanks for answering my question, I found your description interesting.
    you're welcome
    I don't know anything about ketamine, what's that like? I guess valium would make you happy, thus hopefully making your trip happy...?

I would actually recommend salvia as a way for someone to experience a short trip without taking the more serious (and I'd guess more dangerous) shrooms or acid or LSD. You just need a good sitter or two and a good state of mind. I wasn't tired or messed up after my trip. But, one was enough for me thankyouverymuch.

My two sitters who also took turns didn't trip as much as me- one saw the pattern on the curtain come to life, growing it's way into the room, and she also laughed a lot, and the other saw the colours and shapes coming out of the tv.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast