+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Guess what, just because you don't agree with how a culture behaves, it doesn't make them animals. Did you know there's things we do in our society that we think is 'okay', but they think is barbaric or wrong? It scares me that people like your uncle are in the army. Anyone with that sort of contempt and narrow mindedness does not belong in the military. Or maybe they do....... Hm.
    Yeah, it's just too bad my uncle is in the army to provide them with healthcare that they would otherwise never get. Isn't that just too bad for the Iraqis he's over there working with other American surgeons to stitch them up after they get injured in a suicide bombing...

That was your gov'ts moronic decision to go in and stay in. The money should go back to the innocent people of those countries who are suffering. Are you heartless?
    This is the typical shit you would expect to hear from a liberal. First of all we have pumped more money in that country than the probably the entire GDP of all of Africa. Second, it's time Iraqis start doing their own shit

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    hgjgfjgfjgfkfgk

[IMG]
    Yeah, maybe you should drink more and also buy more guns and go shoot some squirrels.

What if you were an Iraqi and your uncle and all the other people like nephews and stuff were fighting against americans and another iraqis, would you be saying the same stuff? For me, you are just the animal level you were talking about.
    Last edited by boobaa; 29-03-08 at 06:38 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    PS DM I hope that pic isn't you.

If so, I'm disappointed.

Your patriotism is truly blinding. I love my country and defend it when people say shit against it, but I don't defend stupid things my govt does. I also care about other people in the world and happen to KNOW that they are not all as *stupid* as so many smart ass North Americans think they are.
    Yeah that's me, but now you see it now you don't

And I'm not trying to justify that America fuccked up Iraq. We did, we genuinely turned that country into a huge fuccking wreck of a place. But now the country is so fuccked up what is left to be done? We are pretty much at the point of no return and civil war seems about inevitable, why should we stick around any longer and die and pump money into them? We had our civil war already, now it's their turn

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So which is it, DM? Are civilians animals or what? B/c I know that's what Blue & I meant.
    Lets get all hung up on technicalities so we can forget the point of this argument

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The problem w/your attitude, young man, is that its a) based on someone elses experience, and b) makes you sound just as bigoted as *some* of those 'animals' you speak of.
    Why is it when boobaa suggests for Iraqis to kill more Americans no one says a word? Is it because so many people say this? The second I say we should kill them FOR TRYING TO KILL US you people shit your bleeding hearts out

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Yeah, maybe you should drink more and also buy more guns and go shoot some squirrels.
    Maybe you should go to school and learn math and science so something worthwhile can come out of Estonia someday

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is the typical shit you would expect to hear from a liberal. First of all we have pumped more money in that country than the probably the entire GDP of all of Africa.
    Again, whats your point? Your gov't CHOSE to go in. They chose to spend that money. They chose to start a war. Iraq owes you nothing.

And now you're liberal bashing? Love it. Now I know you've reached the end of your rational argument.

Like Indi said, what you know is based on other people's experiences and the crap other people pump into your head. I'm a humanist. I care about people. All I care about is the suffering of the innocents, and of the soldiers. And I have no use for chest-thumping, gun-toting, flag waving patriots who think they are better than everyone else and that the world owes them something.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lets get all hung up on technicalities so we can forget the point of this argument
    Holy dodge the question.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Again, whats your point? Your gov't CHOSE to go in. They chose to spend that money. They chose to start a war. Iraq owes you nothing.
    My POINT is that we have already spent ENOUGH money on them, you really couldn't figure that out???

And now you're liberal bashing? Love it. Now I know you've reached the end of your rational argument.
    You want to have a concrete rational argument? Look a couple threads down for a math puzzle thread. But uh-oh, there is definite right and wrong! How will people bullshit answers in that thread?

And I have no use for chest-thumping, gun-toting, flag waving patriots
    BTW a huge number of illegal firearms comes into this country through Canada. But I may thank you guys for that

Like Indi said, what you know is based on other people's experiences and the crap other people pump into your head.
    As it is with everyone here since none of us have been to Iraq. But I can tell certain people posting here either don't know what's going on or choose to ignore it. Such as boobaa saying the US doesn't care about civilians when we break an arm and a leg not to kill them and use our doctors and surgeons to heal them

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Holy dodge the question.
    Alright then, let me be a little more explicit

Civilians are non-militia and non-military personnel

The "animals" are the ones who insist on using violence

There is overlap but civilian is a convenient term to describe non weapon wielding personnel
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 29-03-08 at 06:53 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For me, you are just the animal level you were talking about.
    Coming from the person who said Iraqis should kill more Americans, and for what? And BTW to use the excuse that because a person enlisted entitles them to die is pure bullshit

What if you were an Iraqi and your uncle and all the other people like nephews and stuff were fighting against americans
    Why would I be fighting the Americans if they were trying to build us new schools, roads, and hospitals but OTHER Iraqis kept blowing it up? I'd only be fighting the other Iraqis wrecking a perfect opportunity to have another country rebuild our own

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    BTW I don't hold any of this against you blue or Indi on a personal level. I assume you two are mature enough to do the same

But boobaa you really gotta retract what you said about wishing more death on American soldiers, because getting an invitation to a funeral for one of my friends is a very real possibility

I don't want Americans or Iraqi civilians dying but clearly that is not gonna happen
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 29-03-08 at 07:07 AM.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would I be fighting the Americans if they were trying to build us new schools, roads, and hospitals but OTHER Iraqis kept blowing it up? I'd only be fighting the other Iraqis wrecking a perfect opportunity to have another country rebuild our own
    I think America needs to start building new schools, roads, and hospitals for AMERICA. We shouldn't be meddling in other people's bullshit ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

This is the typical shit you would expect to hear from a liberal. First of all we have pumped more money in that country than the probably the entire GDP of all of Africa. Second, it's time Iraqis start doing their own shit
    Amen, brother...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW I don't hold any of this against you blue or Indi on a personal level. I assume you two are mature enough to do the same

But boobaa you really gotta retract what you said about wishing more death on American soldiers, because getting an invitation to a funeral for one of my friends is a very real possibility

I don't want Americans or Iraqi civilians dying but clearly that is not gonna happen
    Finally a voice of reason!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM - I agree with much of what you said. I think we SHOULD pull out and let them have the civil war they seem to crave. To everything there is a season.

However, I disagree that this is about Israel. Israel is just the cherry on top of the jihad hate-cake. This brand of Isam is based largey on wahhabi teachings, which originate back in the 1700s, obviously long before Israel was even a factor. Islamists hate ALL Western-style governments because they are considered to be corrupt and un-Islamic. Additionally, they are angry about historical Western support of their local rulers (such as the shah), who have been considered corrupt. Much of the arab world doesn't care about Palestinians so much as they care about a Western-style government being in close proximity to their holy lands. In fact, the Palestinians have historically been to the Arab world what the blacks were to the U.S. back in the Jim Crow south.

I think many Westerners fail to appreciate the role religious extremeism plays in this war and all middle eastern politics. They are very much intertwined.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-03-08 at 09:06 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

This isn't even a war, we're policing a bunch of sick fuccking camel jockeys who want a Sunni vs Shiite war
    EXACTLY!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We have no right to call these people animals, they're people.
    Don't tell me this about Saddam and al-Qaeda. I'll never buy it. And those who do are blind, bigoted morons.
    I was there for 3 tours...they are animals and I am not bigoted. BTW I hate to awaken you from your slumber, but al-Qaeda is there now! Whether they were there or not before we invaded is a seperate issue, they are there NOW and must be dealt with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast