+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woman Likes To Date Jerks

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    No, I try to help Vash out of her pessimistic nature. Show her there's a way to look more optimisticaly at life. I'm concerned for her. I don't want to re-educate her, just show that pessimism is not the best way to achieve things. She can be a lot more effective if she looks at things and talks from a more positive perpective.

She' a complete opposite to my mum btw (This is for Vash)
    If you think Vash is a pessimist, you wait til you hear what I can be like. Like in the last post I did.

*Note I'm not always that bad*

X
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not a pessimist; I'm just not an idiot. I doubt you are, either. Mish just has his panties in a twist over something or other.
    Last edited by vashti; 08-04-08 at 07:23 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You sure are an arrogant, pompous fool.

Now run along and play with the other little boys and stop acting like a troll.
    See, that's what I'm talking about

Look at your choice of language Vash, look at your choice of words. Do you really think this is effective? Do you really think this is a good way to convince somebody of anything?

Your solution to every problem seems to be just to unload a dump of negativity onto it and hope it stays buried. You're not speaking positively, you are not looking for a positive solution. So far you are only confirming this over and over again. Why not step aside from your usual routine which is clearly not working and look at this from a different, more open, more positive perspective?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you really think this is effective? Do you really think this is a good way to convince somebody of anything?

I think you are quite effectively making a complete and utter ass of yourself. I don't need to do any convincing.

Now quit derailing this thread.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think you are quite effectively making a complete and utter ass of yourself. I don't need to do any convincing.

Now quit derailing this thread.
    You disappoint me Vash. Not a single positive word in your post. I don't repsond positively to negativity nor commands. Sorry. Try again.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mish.....seriously, just stop it now. You're just trying to antagonize her.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Mish.....seriously, just stop it now. You're just trying to antagonize her.
    If I stop it now she will continue with her pesimmism, she will continue to respond in a negative manner over and over again and we will continue to have skirmishes over and over again. She says she doesn't need to be positive, she doesn't need to convince anybody. How can you give a good advice to others without seeking a positive solution and without being able to convince another person?

Btw Blue, how ocme you're picking Vash's side? Who's trying to anatgonize who? I'm just trying to help her. Look at her responses to me, is it me anatanogizing her really?

Here's a history of name calling from "Pessi":

I think you are quite effectively making a complete and utter ass of yourself
    You sure are an arrogant, pompous fool.
    Now run along and play with the other little boys and stop acting like a troll.
    He's a short-bus rider.
    Are you retarded?

show me where I called her names, show me evidence of me being rude to her
    Last edited by Mish; 08-04-08 at 08:25 AM.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ohfercrisakes Mish. Vash is a nurse, you know this. She's kind to ppl all day long. Anyone in that profession cannot be a pessimist by nature.

I admire the way you offer yourself up to be her punching bag, tho. I'm sure she finds it very therapeutic coming on here and you allowing her to blow off the steam she can't at work. Very kind of you to do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ohfercrisakes Mish. Vash is a nurse, you know this. She's kind to ppl all day long. Anyone in that profession cannot be a pessimist by nature.
    Indi, the bpd girl I dated was a nurse as well. I'm not going to go into the dark stories she told me of events at the hospital and her strange sense of humour, but yes it's quite posible for somebody to be a nurse and be pessimistic or even malicious by nature.

I admire the way you offer yourself up to be her punching bag, tho. I'm sure she finds it very therapeutic coming on here and you allowing her to blow off the steam she can't at work. Very kind of you to do.
    Well, I don't like to respond in a negative manner even when under assault. If you start doing that you become as bad as the person who does it. With Vash I see real potential though. I can see that she wants to help, I can see her intent is good it just looks like she doesn't know how to deliver her intent effectively so she falls back to the most trusted method. So like I said, my intention is not bad, I seriously would like to help her so she can be more effective with her advice to other people and hopefully to people who deal with her on daily basis as well.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    With Vash I see real potential though.
    Whoa there fella, watch that judgemental tendency. You are starting to sound like GS/BS.

You are still pretty young yourself & have many lessons to learn. I'm not sure you're going to realize any %age making posts like your last.

I mean, I could just as easily say how I think you are a reasonably bright young man with the potential for actually realizing something of significance if you apply it correctly.

Sounds a bit arrogant of me, yes? How do you feel right now?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Whoa there fella, watch that judgemental tendency. You are starting to sound like GS/BS.

You are still pretty young yourself & have many lessons to learn. I'm not sure you're going to realize any %age making posts like your last.

I mean, I could just as easily say how I think you are a reasonably bright young man with the potential for actually realizing something of significance if you apply it correctly.

Sounds a bit arrogant of me, yes? How do you feel right now?
    I never said I was perfect. Ofcourse I have flaws as well. And I feel great knowing that. And if you have something for me to learn from, then I'm ready. It would actually be an honour learning from you because I value your method

And you know that I don't deny my flaws Indi
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you looked up Johari windows yet Mish? Maybe you could post a short tidbit you think relevant.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Btw Blue, how ocme you're picking Vash's side? Who's trying to anatgonize who? I'm just trying to help her. Look at her responses to me, is it me anatanogizing her really?

My point was simply, that you can see she's getting irritated by having her opinion-giving style picked apart by you, yet you continue to do it.

I understand maybe you were trying to 'help', but Mish, just because YOU don't agree with her style of expressing herself, it doesn't make it wrong. It's almost as if you are insinuating that if she posted more like YOU, she would be doing it right, or 'better'.

Vash does deliver some very sound advice, and the manner she does it has never once offended me, which is why I 'sided' with her. I don't understand why Vash in particular irritates you so much, but maybe you should just relax and let people say what they gotta say. Debating a point is fine, but picking at someone's overall character is another thing.

I'm not trying to pick on you either Mish.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Have you looked up Johari windows yet Mish? Maybe you could post a short tidbit you think relevant.
    Not yet, although I did look it up

I'm reading a book on IT innovation at the moment for my uni class, but this one is next on my list. I love Psychology so I think this will be a good read, thanks Indi
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I understand maybe you were trying to 'help', but Mish, just because YOU don't agree with her style of expressing herself, it doesn't make it wrong. It's almost as if you are insinuating that if she posted more like YOU, she would be doing it right, or 'better'.

Vash does deliver some very sound advice, and the manner she does it has never once offended me, which is why I 'sided' with her. I don't understand why Vash in particular irritates you so much, but maybe you should just relax and let people say what they gotta say. Debating a point is fine, but picking at someone's overall character is another thing.
    It's not just her style Blue, it's her entire nature of responses. Look at how she responds to problems, she just bullies the oposition of any sort with name calling until they give up or go away. Maybe you just never were in the seat of that opposition (which is lucky for you I suppose) so you've never felt what it's like, but it's very hard to maintain a civil conversation with her when she stoops to that level.

I don't want her to respond like me at all. Most people I deal with including you and Indi don't respond like me and we get on really well. I would just like to see her be a little bit more positive, a little bit more understanding, espeically to people with an opposing point of view to her. That would help her not only give a better advice, but be a better person as well and I can see that in the end this is what she actually wants to do.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast