+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I want a dog

anachronistic Guest
    Well I know it's selfish of me, similar to the way a parent would rather have their own kids, but I would like to raise my own dog. Things work out better that way for the both of us.

I think I may eventually adobt an animal or two, but I am not sure if that is how I'd want my first experience with raising an animal to be.

if you're going to raise a wolf breed, you have to become a wolf.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    I am a lone wolf.

there's this video i play for baron to get him to howl. it's so funny.

i'll have to record it sometime.

here's the vid i play for him...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91oEkXkEs0o"]YouTube - Siberian Husky Talking named Toya[/ame]

anachronistic Guest
    Haha! That is so adorable. I feel like dropping out of school just so I can get a dog.

no don't do that.

you'll have plenty of time when you're done with school to enjoy stuff like that. but you have lots of time to think of a dog you really want.

do some research on the background of breeds. i found some cool stuff when i was looking up irish wolfhounds and st. bernards. magical, wonderful dogs they both are. great history there. also with mastiffs. but you know, i'm partial to those.

huskeys and malamutes are other breeds that i love. but i couldn't keep one here cause it's too hot.

anachronistic Guest
    New Mexico is it? I bet it's hot there.

I think a Siberian Husky would be able to tolerate the weather here. We have about a 3-4 month long summer, and the rest of the year is a subzero winter. 2 season country.

I love the way Irish Wolfhounds look. An ex of mine had a really old crossbreed, half Irish wolfhound and half retriever I think.

that's cool. my friend maude has a wolfhound/ great pyranese.

he is so big and sweet. much bigger than my dogs and with all pyranese fur. he reminds me of barkley from sesame street.

anachronistic Guest
    Sesame street? lol that reminds me of this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_ne-Pf6vE[/ame]

Did you teach your dogs using Spanish commands? In German, lots of words sound very similar, and I would be worried about the dog not being able to distinguish between some commands...

no, but they certainly know lovie spanish words like ooooooooooooh mijitoooooooo. you develop your own system of communication with a dog or anyone/thing you spend a lot of time with.

cool thing about sabrina is that she knows you having to tell her anything. sometimes i just give her a look and she knows what i'm thinking.
    Last edited by misombra; 27-07-08 at 01:25 PM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    no, but they certainly know lovie spanish words like ooooooooooooh mijitoooooooo. you develop your own system of communication with a dog or anyone/thing you spend a lot of time with.

cool thing about sabrina is that she knows you having to tell her anything. sometimes i just give her a look and she knows what i'm thinking.
    I read an article last night about how dogs can read your emotions. Very interesting.

Tone Guest
    It's not so much the word but the infliction of your voice.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Or both? See, the things with dogs, is you can buy them when their young and train them. You can't do that with women I'm sure I will eventually find a nice woman, but that's not going to eliminate my desire to have a dog. Say... what do you say; you and I ... ?
    Have I just read what I think I've read?

the hardest part of training for me was being forceful with them. sometimes, you have to kick their ass. that's the way dog language goes. sabby and baron did not like to be in trouble so we didn't have to be so physical with them.

kubla though, we had to kick his ass otherwise he would've run the house.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    Have I just read what I think I've read?
    Ja

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast