+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single and Lonely

Just go out more and overcome your fear of approaching. So what if a nice looking girl don't want to go out with you? Maybe she has a b/f, some personal problems or she's just about to move away. It doesn't mean that you're undeserving of love. We girls are mortal as well, so don't put on a pedestal someone you don't even know and therefore also don't know whether she deserve such a high place, ok?

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Papsy View Post
    Hi, I have never really thought about the dating website thing, is it something that a lot of people do? Will i get to meet someone who i really like on there, also why does it cost to have a profile and things on there? I think that is a bit silly of paying for love! What do you reckon?
    Some people do it...I don't care for them; however, you can weed them out better than in RL which has just as many weirdos. You can find free sites but they have a much higher % of weirdos. Also understand that many weirdos do love to use the paid websites just as well. You can't avoid them.

I find it that with online sites, you need to have a certain appearance and then they'll look at what you have to offer.
    In person, it's easier to read, if the person is lying.
    On the internet, people can say anything they want, as long as they know what a girl wants out of guy.

P.S. Use online dating at your own risk.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

The issue with in person is that you may have to 'date' them before you decide if you want more. With online, you can just click and avoid ever talking or seeing them again and you don't have to 'date' them. You can get some info immediately but there is a very high chance that they are lying, and you may find out after in person meeting. I think the only benefit is that you see more people without having to date.

I see, so dating websites are not the best thing then. Just stick to the old fashioned way I guess then!

I see, so dating websites are not the best thing then. Just stick to the old fashioned way I guess then!
    No need for that till you turn 70 and everyone you know offline are either married or dead.

Tedel Guest
    Love is like a dogs tail: the faster you run for it, the faster it gets away. Take it easy, become someone attractive and then let girls flirt with or even chase you. Sounds weird, but it works.

Just my .02

In defense of dating websites..I know of at least 5 people personally who have had success with it. With 2 weddings that I had to attend!!

So don't be so quick to dismiss.

Hi,

What is the best way to become attractive?

Hi,

What is the best way to become attractive?
    What do you mean? Attractiveness comes as a combination of charisma, good-looking, nice dressing, secure posture, etc. There are ways to work on each. However, you are attractive enough, and you need not worry about it, but take the courage and approach a girl instead of finding lousy excuses, alright?

Tedel Guest
    ^^^ Why approaching girls is so hard for some people, huh?

I've no idea. Are we that scary?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    ^^^ Why approaching girls is so hard for some people, huh?
    Self-esteem; some people have a hard time approaching others because they don't like to be judged by their weaknesses - and that's what happens when you approach people.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Self-esteem; some people have a hard time approaching others because they don't like to be judged by their weaknesses - and that's what happens when you approach people.
    Self-esteem comes with practicing talking to other people regardless of gender.
    If you don't let words bring you down, and know how you are like, they have no right to judge you, before they get to know you.

Best things to talk about, are things that you've seen lately, what you've gone through and what you'd like to know from her.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

i guess many people have the simiar problem that the circle of friends is just not broad enough to offer a proper candidate for the significant other. try every way to get to know others. you can make the friends of your friends your own.repeat the process and you might be a lucky guy who's getting in another relationship soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast