+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need to pull money out of my ass.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Sell your body?
    lol you just want some of this *rubs nipples*

there are two girls in germany that i would really like to meet if you know what i mean... i also have a few friends here and there i would like to visit.

i want to be there for a long time... like during the school year. i don't want it to be just a trip... i want to do this now!

if i can get financial aid, i am totally going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    lol you just want some of this *rubs nipples*
    Bring it on, baby. I'll give you some financial aid.

anachronistic Guest
    you're making an offer i can't refuse. rawrrrr

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm sure that some of the cougars on this site are willing to pay for some wingdings.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    lol your post reminded me of this video.

PENCIL TELEPHONE HOURGLASS! DIAMONDS CANDLE CANDLE FLAG! MOUSE! SCISSORS BALL MAILBOX! MAILBOX! MAAAAAAILBOX!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3k5oY9AHHM"]YouTube - Font Conference[/ame]

Do you HAVE to take this art class? There's no other classes that you can take?

anachronistic Guest
    Of course I have to take the classes. They are for my major. And it's kind of late to switch classes; most of them are going to be taken. I did look.

I mean, even if I didn't take them, I still have to take full time credits next semester, so I am ****ed either way.

Well the art class is going to cost you a pretty penny. I was saying, maybe drop it...take some stupid class so you're a full time student then take it at a community college?

Check [url]www.assist.org[/url] to see what classes transfer. I mean...$450 for an art class?!?!?!?? That's nuts.

anachronistic Guest
    well, the other reason why i am taking the class this early on, is because i need to know what emphasis i am going to study as an art major. i am not sure. i think i would like to study painting, because i enjoy wet media, and i love the things you can do with paint. i'll only know if i take the class.

i really hope the other classes don't cost as much. i think this professor is full of it. my photography teacher said that he supplies the photo paper for the first few weeks of class, and we are just working with the basics of exposure. i'm excited about photography because we will get to use film. eventually we'll get a film camera, but those are pretty cheap. i've seen some pretty nice camera bodies for 5¢. Lenses seem to be the most expensive thing. I'm not sure what kind of lens we will need for class. Probably a basic kind of lens, maybe a telescopic, and maybe even a wide-angle. Not sure yet.

I think painting supplies are very expensive. But I will get very much out of the class. I'm excited about all the color theory and learning which kind of brushes to use for certain things... not only that, but I'll learn how to make my own canvases with a limited amount of tools, different methods of applying gesso, and things like that. Plus, I need the credit anyway, even if I don't study painting. We have to study every intro emphasis class... and there's 8 of them at my school; photo, paint, prints, pottery, sculpture, design, drawing (we have to take 4 drawing classes though), and graphic design.

Any art class is going to be expensive except perhaps art appreciation. Art supplies cost a lot of money.

anachronistic Guest
    Fine Arts is probably the most expensive thing to study at any university, unless your program is not accredited.

Here's my email to my study abroad counselor. Sorry, bleeped out some names and things for privacy.

Hello ****,

Just thought I'd follow up on some thoughts and worries I have financially, for my trip to Germany this year.

Here's a summary of what has happened this last year, and what I plan to do this year:

Last Year (Fall 2007 - Spring 2008, Freshman Year)

Took a Clep test for German.
    Ended up in German *** since *** was not offered that semester.
    Awarded the ************* Scholarship - $1000
    Awarded the ******** Scholarship - $500 (goes towards plane ticket cost for students studying abroad)
    Decided that I'd like to study abroad in Germany.
    Foreign Exchange student from Germany encouraged me to come to Jena.
    Decided that I'd like to spend a semester at Jena, in 2009 if possible.

This Year (Fall 2008 - Spring 2009, Sophomore Year)

Take Painting I, Photo I, German ***, Creative Writing, and Earth Science I this Fall.
    Get a job in *******, and do freelance web design to save up for the trip.
    Find financial aid to fund my trip to Germany.
    Get things for the trip, like passport, plane tickets, take care of the room and board costs.
    Take as few classes as possible in Spring.
    Get permission to take Sophomore tests next Spring.
    Prepare for, and attend the Sophomore Artists' Reviews.
    Study abroad in Germany.
    At the end of the semester, travel around Germany (maybe bordering countries too) for about 2-3 weeks.
    Fly into Detroit, Michigan, visit my relatives and friends in the area for 1-2 weeks.
    Ride the bus back to South Dakota.

First of all, books are going to cost so much this semester! I'm estimating that I'll have to buy about $1000, most of that for these upper art classes: Painting I and Photography I. This is really a bad time to be taking those classes, but I have to know which of those emphases I want to study, and it is something I must do. I don't think books for the other classes will cost anywhere near as much.

This year I have been awarded more financial aid. I think it's about $2000 more than last year; I'll have to get out my application from last year and compare. Of course, tuition is probably going to cost a little more, and I think I'll have about $1500 left over. I saved up about $1400 this summer, and by the end of Fall semester, I estimate I'll have somewhere around $1000, probably a little less.

Second of all, I'm wondering, how many credits I have to take this Spring at school so that maybe I'll have enough time to make money for the trip. Dr. ************ says that in the contract, it states I must take classes at school in order to study at Jena for a semester. I was hoping that I could use the financial aid for this Spring for my trip, and I had no idea I had to attend school. I'll have to do a bunch of work ahead of time, and that's going to make this Spring really difficult for me.

I'm sure there is some kind of financial aid available to help; either through the school, maybe the bank, or maybe a generous relative if there is nothing else to resort to. I don't have the slightest clue how much money, total, I will need for the trip, so I am hoping we can get together and talk about this as soon as school starts. I am hoping I have more than enough so that I can travel around Germany at the end of the semester, and visit my family and friends in Ohio for a while... beggars can't be choosers though.

I feel a little overwhelmed, and I have a very bad feeling that it might work out this year, because of the financial aid. I'm hoping you can help me get some of my questions answered. I'm looking forward to meeting with you soon, at the beginning of the semester to talk about these things, and get it all squared away. Until then, I'm hoping you can provide me some advice early on; I'll be working with the figures I have to see what I can do.

Thank you very much, and I hope you're having a wonderful Summer!

That is a really long a message for email. Most people won't want to read more than a short paragraph at most. You should have made an appoinment to meet in person. Is it too late to do that?

anachronistic Guest
    My emails are always that long, lol. It was twice as long before I went through it and reworded everything. Come to think of that, I need to learn how to shorten up the things I say and write.

I'm going to meet up with her... just need some questions answered now. When I go to visit, I am going to have all my financial info, all my estimations and everything. We're going to get this shit straightened out. I'm ****ing going to Germany, the shit's been in the newspaper, I've given my word, and I want to go *desperately*. I'm not backing down, and I'm going to find a way.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well if you must go to Germany, maybe you could suck some cock.

anachronistic Guest
    I would suck a million cocks if that were the only way! Dude! I would swim to Germany if there weren't sharks along the way!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast