+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Never Forget September 11

shh!...why are so many of your posts written in such a scathing tone?

And I don't think it was fair to call her naive. We're ALL naive, in some way or other.

Dont bother replying to this if you're going to be mean about it. All Im saying is, I think you're sometimes a little too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You aren't experiencing American culture as an American though, but rather - only as a tourist. I can understand why the world looks so big and scary to someone who lives on an island... I can assure you though that the vast majority of Americans are a good deal more saavy about these things than you think. We are used to all the hype, and it takes a bit more to arouse our paranoia.
    i did live there for a year so i do think i gave it enough time to analyse...yes thankfully not all Americans are taken in so easily but constant messages have a way of mind numbing people no matter how strong they might think they are...but you are right not all Americans are taken in....but too many are
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    And then what? Safely land the plane like the one in PA?

They killed the pilots. The people on board had no idea that the planes were going to be crashing into a building. For all they knew, the terrorists were hijacking it to go somewhere else and that if they just waited they'd all eventually make it home.

As far as I know, the only people that knew it was a terrorist attack was the plane that crashed in PA, and since they knew that the plane was going to crash via cell phones, they took action.
    Yea, they were going to land a multi ton boeing some where else, maybe on Osamas drive way next to his cannon, idiots. The plane actually has an auto pilot and even a landing pilot once the plane is placed into position.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    some corporations used it as an excuse to fire people… even the smaller businesses did here in Ireland…. all because the media went over the top over the years. Yes it was dramatic but have you heard of 07 jul???? London underground and buses were bombed….Bali bombings? In fact I had a close neighbour killed in the Bali bombings….the US are not the only people to suffer…..was there a thread on here on the 07th jul to mark respect for London? Did the media in the US go on and on about it….over here 07th jul was mentioned on the news on the anniversary ….that is all…… We don’t have movies and constant conversations about it. Talking about 9/11 on the anniversary is ok and necessary for some people as a mark of respect ……but when I was in the US it was mentioned EVERY day in the news in some form…..and I’m not kidding. This daily news announcement the media have over there for red alert….amber alert etc etc is ridiculous and I was always living with a small level of fear when I was over there….The UK media do not do that to the same extent to their own people. I’m not surprised at the some of the younger posters comments on here…their comments are unacceptable especially considering the day that was in it….but I’m not surprised….they have been desensitised by the US media.
    We don't have amber alerts any more here. I always felt like they were the Bush administration's way of scaring people into re-electing him, because once he got re-elected they stopped.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by kitty001 View Post
    shh!...why are so many of your posts written in such a scathing tone?

And I don't think it was fair to call her naive. We're ALL naive, in some way or other.

Dont bother replying to this if you're going to be mean about it. All Im saying is, I think you're sometimes a little too harsh.
    Hah! Are you scared I am going to be mean? Don't be such a sensitive little girl. When people make outrageous assertions (and sorry, I think eco's posts often qualify), it is to be expected that someone will respond. If you can't take the heat...

BTW - To be naive is to show a lack of experience, judgement, or information or to be easily fooled, and no - not everyone is naive.

Starbuck - Amber alerts are the ones that are sent out for child abductions. I don't remember what Bush's alerts were called, so little impact did they have around here.

Hah! Are you scared I am going to be mean? Don't be such a sensitive little girl. When people make outrageous assertions (and sorry, I think eco's posts often qualify), it is to be expected that someone will respond. If you can't take the heat...

BTW - To be naive is to show a lack of experience, judgement, or information or to be easily fooled,.
    no need shh! she noticed you were over the top

and i think you quite possibly just described yourself...i gave you information and experience i had...take it whatever way you want.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

no need shh! she noticed you were over the top

and i think you quite possibly just described yourself...i gave you information and experience i had...take it whatever way you want.
    I don't think that living in the US for one year really gives you the experience and qualifications to constantly make the assertions you do.
    I don't chase, I replace.

???

How old are you, eco?

anachronistic Guest
    I don't think that living in the US for one year really gives you the experience and qualifications to constantly make the assertions you do.
    hahahahaha!

Starbuck - Amber alerts are the ones that are sent out for child abductions. I don't remember what Bush's alerts were called, so little impact did they have around here.
    OMG you're right. I think the Bush ones are Orange Alerts. Thanks for the correction.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok here comes the preachy part you can ignore from here if you want…….
    There is an even darker side to what has happened………the US government used 9/11 as a tool to control people as you’re probably already aware of….people’s privacy…and a certain amount of civil liberties…..gone! and it has brought about a level of racism that seems to be acceptable (it reminds me of Hitler and his constant biased view on Jews….a time when people were convinced by him to be unfairly wary of Jews) are you wary of people from middle eastern countries??? Some innocent people have been attacked and killed for being middle eastern since 9/11… the US government has locked up innocent people from these countries….does any of this sound similar to Germany not so long ago? ……. I’ve seen a few comments on this forum that surprised me especially from whom they came from. Fear breeds ignorance and contempt so please don’t misinterpret what I’ve written, there are bad people out there who do want to hurt others but you need to remember that they are not all bad people.
    some corporations used it as an excuse to fire people… even the smaller businesses did here in Ireland…. all because the media went over the top over the years. Yes it was dramatic but have you heard of 07 jul???? London underground and buses were bombed….Bali bombings? In fact I had a close neighbour killed in the Bali bombings….the US are not the only people to suffer…..was there a thread on here on the 07th jul to mark respect for London? Did the media in the US go on and on about it….over here 07th jul was mentioned on the news on the anniversary ….that is all…… We don’t have movies and constant conversations about it. Talking about 9/11 on the anniversary is ok and necessary for some people as a mark of respect ……but when I was in the US it was mentioned EVERY day in the news in some form…..and I’m not kidding. This daily news announcement the media have over there for red alert….amber alert etc etc is ridiculous and I was always living with a small level of fear when I was over there….The UK media do not do that to the same extent to their own people. I’m not surprised at the some of the younger posters comments on here…their comments are unacceptable especially considering the day that was in it….but I’m not surprised….they have been desensitised by the US media.
    You are wrong on so many levels I can't even be bothered to go through them

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I like that, at least Osama's people can take on a plane full of "tough" Americans who can't take on two underfed skinny terrorists with a single box cutter knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Yea, they were going to land a multi ton boeing some where else, maybe on Osamas drive way next to his cannon, idiots. The plane actually has an auto pilot and even a landing pilot once the plane is placed into position.
    lol OV, I shouldn't give your posts a response because they are as equally as absurd as ecos, but you're more of a regular

Planes use to be hijacked all the time and safely landed, it was far more regular than it should have been. How were the people in the first 3 crashes supposed to know it was any different? You're being a Monday morning quarterback and a complete dick

And then what? Safely land the plane like the one in PA?

They killed the pilots. The people on board had no idea that the planes were going to be crashing into a building. For all they knew, the terrorists were hijacking it to go somewhere else and that if they just waited they'd all eventually make it home.

As far as I know, the only people that knew it was a terrorist attack was the plane that crashed in PA, and since they knew that the plane was going to crash via cell phones, they took action.
    this is so sad...wow, life is short and horrible

I don't think shh was over the top considering Eco makes ALOT of generalizations about Americans.

Eco, hun, sometimes you seem to think that we are all brainwashed sheep.

anachronistic Guest
    I think the majority of people are brainwashed sheep. And they are.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I think the majority of people are brainwashed sheep. And they are.
    But not you! You're one of the few sane ones!
    I don't chase, I replace.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast