+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: United States "Decoupling" From World Economy

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sigh, threads like this cause me to spend the day not doing sociology or psych and TO spend the day doing chem and math. Yay for no more bullshit

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But its like trying to compare the debt of someone with a decent *incoming* salary (Canada) vs. the debt of someone who has lost their job.

Or, in China's case, like comparing the debt of someone who is about to become CEO of a multinational corporation (non-US, lol).

Who would YOU lend money to?

I can't think of a better example right now.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't know shit about economics or this situation, but I antagonize you because I DO KNOW you have an agenda, so when what you say is in line with your agenda I can't take it for fact

And since your agenda coincides with the popular intellectual thoughts, which have the same agenda, I can't really swallow it

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So yeah, a good strategy would be to draw me in to debates with some bait about something I don't know a thing about having known something about the topic at hand

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have an agenda?? LOL, do tell, DM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're just too eager to see the US fall and interpret everything you can as being a sign of that, and you don't want to give us credit for anything. You've admitted this yourself, one time you said "I look forward to seeing the US struggle with its international relations like a schoolyard bully growing up" or something like that. I mean, everything you say about our space program is making it look like we're a bunch of clowns, despite being the only country to land on the moon and having had 2 super successful Mars rovers working for years while the Europeans couldn't even land theirs (these Mars rovers projects are headed by a professor at my school, btw)

You said religious people in the south are ruining our education. You want our education system to look bad. You just don't like the US and it shows. So in a liberal usage of the word agenda, that is yours, to make us look bad whenever and wherever, and the current intellectual movements like doing the same thing

Anyways, if I had the choice to invade Canada right now, I would. I would regret it tomorrow but I crashed today and am kind of irritated, so I would have fun watching Canada use their tiny military that they bought from us try to defend themselves. How good is your economic situation if you can't defend yourself?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So yes, if China does become the superpower 50 years from now, I would enjoy watching them flex their muscle over Canada to fucck theem over

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Silly DM. Yes, you are right. I'm a total US-aphobe. LOL.

Actually, invading Canada might be one of the few things you could do that might provide some relief. But it would only be temporary.

You are so brainwashed, DM, its a bit scary in someone so locally intelligent.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    So yes, if China does become the superpower 50 years from now, I would enjoy watching them flex their muscle over Canada to fucck theem over
    Are you kidding, DM? They are *already* here. They have been giving the Canadian govt money to run Chinese schools here... why do you think my son is learning Mandarin?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

u.s.=out. china=in.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not much else to say, really. Except Python got it right, long ago:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzC5HT1Qhmo&feature=related"]YouTube - Monty Python's "I Like Chinese"[/ame]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

china has the new world order sitting in it's lap.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Silly DM. Yes, you are right. I'm a total US-aphobe. LOL.
    I wasn't saying you are afraid of us, you just highly dislike us in many ways

You are so brainwashed, DM, its a bit scary in someone so locally intelligent.
    Actually, you and the other people sitting in intellectual circles are the brainwashed ones. A lot of people these days go along with thiss idea of China becoming the worlds superpower because that is what the intellectual circles are saying. It's easy to go along with the so-called smart people and not question it. Not to beat a dead horse, but you were far less skeptical than you should have been with something as concrete as water powered cars. This is far more complex with a lot of variables that can't even be measured that well

Are you kidding, DM? They are *already* here. They have been giving the Canadian govt money to run Chinese schools here... why do you think my son is learning Mandarin?
    It's funny that they are giving Canada money when most of their own country is as poor as it is. The guy from China who lives next to me mvoed here when he was 7, and told me he didn't have electricity as a kid and they couldn't even get cold milk

Mandarin is a good language to learn if you are going into business so you can exploit their cheap ass labor and manufacturing. That is the reason the business major guy on my floor last year was taking Mandarin and actually fluent in it. They have cheap labor and a rapidly dwindling supply of natural resources that luckily North America doesn't want to tap yet, although admittedly they can still import raw materials at a cheap price to sell back

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    u.s.=out. china=in.
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    china has the new world order sitting in it's lap.
    Just saying it won't make it so misombra

This is why I hate "intellectuals," they make it hip and popular to believe in whatever it is they decide upon. Unfortunately they are very good at molding popular perception

that's true. we have to fight the power.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The truth, DM, is that I'd like nothing better than for the US to pull itself out of its slump. I have serious issues w/China becoming the only world superpower. Big issues.

But, short of a miracle, I just don't see it happening. US is too stagnant & China is.... hungry.

India might be something to watch, I don't know much about their economy, but there are a lot of different issues there. Their growing economy is still far too dependent on others, I think.

As for spending in Canada, or anywhere else, did you miss the opening of the Olympics, perhaps? There is money, just not equally distributed. Kind of like the US, in fact.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast