+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The moon

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Whatever. I'm just saying its NOT due to gravity. There is a difference between an observation (increased accidents--which might be true) and explanation (moon's gravity--which is NOT true).
    lol, no surprise there
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

anyone notice any strange happenings last night?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And no surprise you totally wouldn't understand the difference.

And no surprise you totally wouldn't understand the difference.
    it's not about whether it's a 'fact' this subject is a bit of fun. even if it's not fact, but YOU don't know that for sure, YOU didn't study this subject in depth, so YOU can't say for sure, thats what i think is so funny, you're way too serious, a 'know all' and you can't relax on here.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 15-10-08 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    it's not about whether it's a 'fact' this subject is a bit of fun. even if it's not fact, but YOU don't know that for sure, YOU didn't study this subject in depth, so YOU can't say for sure, thats what i think is so funny, you're way too serious, a 'know all' and you can't relax on here.
    1. You presented a supposedly "in-depth" article which connected the presence of the full moon to increased crime. However, topics like those exist en masse and are bordering on pseudo-science - which is why I sleep with a mirror facing my bed, I don't give a damn about feng shui. Unlike my indian housemate who covered his mirror with newspapers.

2. Through a bit of common sense it is found to be more credible that the increased night-time light from a full moon affects the human sleeping cycle which is affected by the coming and going of sunlight. More light -> More people awake/sleep deprived/lighter outside -> More activity and annoyance -> More crime. Which sure beats gravitational pull, since as far as I know the gravitational pull of the moon isn't significantly greater when it's a full moon, which is caused by its reflective position and not distance.

3. If you want to jump at any comment that claims to be completely correct on a topic you shouldn't post in on a relationship forum and expect it to be 100% backed up.

4. I would suggest that if you want to make actual use of your time here, rather than posting random discussion threads that aren't seeking any real knowledge about anything, you could at least attempt at refining your writing skills and argumentative methods.

5. Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.
    Last edited by Lipp; 15-10-08 at 06:19 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ha! See? Poor Eco. Keep congratulating yourself on your non-existent points you so desperately try to make. Fun should have at least a *little bit* of clever in it. LOL, what a tard you are.

wow those 2 responses are incredible. it's not meant to be serious, but i guess the glass is half empty.....lol ridiculous, life is about pondering and imagination and the fact is years ago people used to laugh at people who thought the earth wasn't flat...i mean c'mon, articles that say this that and the other...may or may not be true. I think it's sad the way you in particular indi have to be so full of crap and negativity when you disagree with something, calm down.

lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48kW3wlyEqg&feature=related"]YouTube - Ana Gabriel - Luna[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    since as far as I know the gravitational pull of the moon isn't significantly greater when it's a full moon, which is caused by its reflective position and not distance.
    Beauty point, eh^? You give me great hope, Lipp. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    it's a full moon today.....ooo! watch out people. tread carefully today

EDIT: as an experiment, any doctors or nurses on LF that think that the wards increased in patients today or had weird happenings today...ooo let us know
    Everything I've read says that it's a myth. People just EXPECT abnormal behavior with a full moon, so they notice every little thing that happens and infuse it with inappropriate meaning.

Beauty point, eh^? You give me great hope, Lipp. Thank you.
    Lol I know right?

What are the temperature differences on the moon though, when it has a full moon, and a small crescent? I suppose that could have a small effect on gravity, but probably not significant enough for what Ecojeanne is suggesting.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Lol I know right?

What are the temperature differences on the moon though, when it has a full moon, and a small crescent? I suppose that could have a small effect on gravity, but probably not significant enough for what Ecojeanne is suggesting.
    None. The moon is in whats called a synchronous orbit, which means the same side of the moon always faces earth. Tho the moon does 'wobble' a bit, which could very slightly affect 'r' in Newtons equation, but again, nothing significant compared to the building you are currently sitting in.

Anyway, I'm no astronomer or physicist. If you want to know more, just google for moon orbit. I'm sure theres lots of info out there. Good question, tho!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was watching Sunday night football, I think it was Pats vs Chargers, and the ref got booed and Madden says "Well, it's a full moon, a good booing night"

big orange moon=harvest.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hgqsx3F3Hs"]YouTube - Sister Moon - Sting (Mystery Edition)[/ame]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast