+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the bible code.....hoax?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I prefer neither. I don't let my *preferences* get in the way of what actually IS. At the moment, there is much more reason to believe that a 'bible code' is an artifact due to our tendency to look for patterns.

If you would like a balanced review of this hoax, watch & learn here:

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3VgQgxiqE"]YouTube - Michael Shermer Decodes the Bible Code[/ame]

They've done this with War & Peace & also found similar things, Eco.

And, although we know its a hoax, lets say it wasn't. Just for an amusing intellectual exercise. Are you then going to invoke such patterns as messages from God? That are really predicting the future?

I'm not disturbed by you, specifically Eco. Don't mistake me. I don't give a crap how personally stupid you are. I am disturbed by what you represent in a society: ignorance about your own ignorance. And a severe lack of critical thinking ability that is frightening to have come up in a Google search.

Indi I have already mentioned war and peace. Anyway I don't know why you would even care about my so called ignorance. tbo mentioning it here has no real input unless you are referring to the topic. Now the topic itself I have put in an objective way. I haven't made up my mind just am interested. Now I see nothing wrong with that as I’m sure others see nothing wrong with it. Have you yourself been awarded the Nobel Prize or have some real credit? You can make it up; it's an anonymous forum after all haha.

If you are referring to my ignorance on the subject, you would be correct. I don't know and have never said I knew.

A severe lack of critical thinking???? wtf why is that an issue for you. It's not like it matters in any of the discussions I put forward....you take it way too seriously, I’m just looking for people's opinions/experience/knowledge. If I wanted to analyze in real terms I wouldn't be doing it here on LF.

i think you just like to show off your so called qualifications and enjoy making out that you know more than everyone.

fact is indi you been told by other LF members before about constantly hitting people over the head with your so called qualifications. Its also funny you keep accusing people of being jealous. I think the real problem here is that you're trying to prove to yourself that you are worthy. It just shows how insecure you really are NOT how insecure everyone else is. Everyone else on LF don't need to constantly mention what they consider important about themselves (whatever it may be) to seem important and reassure themselves like you do. It’s sad. And it makes people believe your qualifications less and less the more you mention them. After all this forum is anonymous...how would anyone know?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 17-10-08 at 07:34 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I haven't mentioned anything about my qualifications. You did. I can see I'm touching a nerve, tho. Good. You need to be hit on the head about this.

You've had the good fortune to be born human with a brain. Start using it.

I enjoy seeing posters who are obviously bright & intelligent. I contribute where I can. There are lots of thread I do not contribute to, in case you hadn't noticed, particularly medically related ones b/c I happen to know there are more qualified posters here.

You just happen to be trying to make statements on subjects I do know a lot about. Tough titties for you, I guess.

I haven't accused anyone except you of jealousy, Eco. And its largely tongue-in-cheek. Tho now I'm starting to wonder.

As Miso would say: Don't hate me b/c I'm intelligent.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 17-10-08 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I haven't mentioned anything about my qualifications. You did. I can see I'm touching a nerve, tho. Good. You need to be hit on the head about this.

You've had the good fortune to be born human with a brain. Start using it.

I enjoy seeing posters who are obviously bright & intelligent. I contribute where I can. There are lots of thread I do not contribute to, in case you hadn't noticed, particularly medically related ones b/c I happen to know there are more qualified posters here.

You just happen to be trying to make statements on subjects I do know a lot about. Tough titties for you, I guess.

I haven't accused anyone except you of jealousy, Eco. And its largely tongue-in-cheek. Tho now I'm starting to wonder.

As Miso would say: Don't hate me b/c I'm intelligent.

so you are saying you never mention your qualifications...hahaha this is getting ridiculous as usual with you indi.

all i can do is feel a little sorry for you and laugh at the same time, same ol borin indi.....i'm going to watch the video you posted, hopefully it'l be interesting, i still live with hope with you indi.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't mention them in this thread, Eco. You did. In any case, they are hardly something to be embarrassed about? I suppose you go to your physician & tell them they know nothing of medicine despite their MD?

Come to think, you do exactly that.

If you don't want me or others to correct your inaccurate and/or stupid posts, then avoid the topics. Otherwise, deal. I would happily leave threads about artistic things to those who know about such things.

Anyway, this is tedious. I effectively ended yet another of your pseduo-science threads, I suppose that makes you bitter. I am tempted to put you in a jar with some cherry laurel, the way you wriggle about.

indi haha as much as you'd like to believe that i'm 'bitter' i'm not. i'm still undecided about the topic which i enjoyed reading about and enjoyed other people's opinions on...even yours (monkey theory n all haha), actually i enjoyed that video you posted....is there more? i reckon there must be coz it ended very abruptly.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 17-10-08 at 07:13 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As you have left it ambiguous which vid you mean, I will simply suggest you look at the 'related vids' section to the right of the vid of interest.

If you mean this thread, then you can go to Mike Shermer's CalTech site. And since you seem to be confused about pseudoscience, you should also find this site useful:

[url]http://www.skeptic.com/[/url]

I haven't mentioned anything about my qualifications.
    Aye, you did, actually. But you deleted it.

My full title is Executive Director. I have a PhD and more education than you will ever realize. Yep, I'm proud of it. I worked hard for my success.

If you doubt, just PM those who have known me here for a while for their opinion.

Try not to be too jealous. K?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That was posted after Eco stuck her nose into Starbucks thread & claimed I didn't have the background I said. It wasn't even her thread. We were discussing THIS thread.

Anyway, this is still speaking to Ecos insecurity. I mean, which is it? Am I full of shit? If so, then this entire set of posts is moot, right? You are complaining about my flaunting qualifications which don't exist?

Actually, you are right. I don't have any of those things I mentioned. In fact, I'm not even a woman. I'm a pot-bellied garbage man with a drinking habit. Burp..

Lol it doesn't matter though you silly. I'm not saying anyone is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    shakepeare came up with this right? before there were type writers...
    You just made my day. Do you even know what they're talking about?

And by "know" I mean having the faintest idea. As faint as the outline of a sugar hill on a piece of white paper.
    Last edited by Lipp; 18-10-08 at 09:41 AM.

ok o.O I looked at this topic and it made nooooooooooo sense to me since the very beginning

well if you say the bible has a code, how about we just say the mayans have the code that tells we're going to die in 4 years. Then let's agree on the fact that if this was true and we been trying to decode for thousands of years then it's not going to change after 4 years. Then let's get into a large group and have a massive orgy/pot smoking/drinking frenzy.
    Last edited by Zatguy; 18-10-08 at 09:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She already said she didn't care, Lipp.

Eco is like our very own In-House Troll. LOL.

Just figure that at least a somewhat rational mind would be able to scroll through a wiki page and get the jist of it, rather than skip everything, scroll to the conclusion to just see that someone disagrees without knowing why, and clearly knowing no better at the end of it.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    How dare you, OV! Its Gods creation, he doesn't need to prove it!
    so i guess that i'll never need to prove that i have a huge cock.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast