+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are girls intimidate by good looking guys?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Maybe he *was* better looking. :shrug:
    He was better looking, had a better "really sociable" personality and more mature than the only 2 single girls in his life he ever approached and he got rejected

Right

Maybe If he said he was better looking with a shy, quite, awkward personality and immature, I'd believe it. Otherwise his story doesn't fit the outcome (for me anyway).
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

We also know that lots of very attractive women have a hard time getting males to ask them out. Why shouldn't attractive guys suffer similar problems?
    I don't know about this one. I heard it said before but I think it's more than that. What's up with their personality, etc that make people hesitant to approach or even run the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    He was better looking, had a better "really sociable" personality and more mature than the only 2 single girls in his life he ever approached and he got rejected

Right

Maybe If he said he was better looking with a shy, quite, awkward personality and immature, I'd believe it. Otherwise his story doesn't fit the outcome (for me anyway).
    Yep, I think it is more than looks that is the issue here.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Right
    Actually, that's not what he said. Although he did say he was better looking, he didn't say he was more mature or had a better personality than the two girls he was interested in. Rather, he noted that he is mature and has personality.

Lesa, I've had dropdead gorgeous friends who were down to earth and friendly, but rarely approached. Yes, lots of people are intimidated by exceptional looks.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Lesa, I've had dropdead gorgeous friends who were down to earth and friendly, but rarely approached. Yes, lots of people are intimidated by exceptional looks.
    Yes, I understand the problems with approaching. But these people can help their situation by approaching the intimidated person and allowing that person to relax. I have that problem with education. Some guys would back off after I tell them my goals. I have to joke around, etc to have them feel more comfortable. These people can do the same.

I observed a very beautiful acquaintance who had difficulty getting a guy to approach...what did she do? She got another friend to come along with her. The guys came out of bushes then lol. They may have to work a little harder in showing 'their good side' to others if that makes sense.
    Last edited by lesa; 26-11-08 at 09:56 AM. Reason: lol
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Yes, I understand the problems with approaching. But these people can help their situation by approaching the intimidated person and allowing that person to relax.
    That only works if you are not traditional. A lot of women consider it the males responsibility to do the approaching... a kind of litmus test for masculinity.

No matter, she *did* get dates, she just wasn't aproached nearly as often as I would have expected.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How can you kill YOUR chances. Aren't you the one doing the asking out? (mostly)

You did not win their heart and you feel it's because of your looks?

Are you sure it's not something else?
    Ye,I'm doing the asking out but i don't make known my romantic feelings via body language and verbal language until months later.
    I took way too long to make my move and got thrown into the friend zone...

Yes, I understand the problems with approaching. But these people can help their situation by approaching the intimidated person and allowing that person to relax. I have that problem with education. Some guys would back off after I tell them my goals. I have to joke around, etc to have them feel more comfortable. These people can do the same.

I observed a very beautiful acquaintance who had difficulty getting a guy to approach...what did she do? She got another friend to come along with her. The guys came out of bushes then lol. They may have to work a little harder in showing 'their good side' to others if that makes sense.
    Exactly.
    I've somehow earned myself the reputation of a flirt out of nowhere..

Right

Thus,I made it rather clear forehand that our community might play a different role.
    Asian girls are generally quite insecure if their bf display their sense of humour infront of others and that includes the girls.
    Yes,I've a sociable personality,charismatic but i don't do the multiple dating kind of stuff.
    The first girl i went after?I spend 3 years and the current one?I'm moving on after 8 months.
    yes pathetic.
    Perhaps if it's anything deeper,you might attribut to dating style.

Is it? I thought it was more like saying Mikey instead of Michael. A casual substitute of a more formalized name.
    you win. period
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by UKboy View Post
    The first girl i went after?I spend 3 years and the current one?I'm moving on after 8 months.
    yes pathetic.
    Was that 3 years and 8 months in a relationship? If yes, that's not so bad (considering modern statistics)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If i'm not with my girl i've been told i look gay, and have actually been hit on by guys (most uncomfortable feeling in the world) and they say i take too much pride in the way i dress and look. I don't think im attractive, but heck can't a guy look after himself without being judged?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Quote Originally Posted by ransom_nite View Post
    If i'm not with my girl i've been told i look gay, and have actually been hit on by guys (most uncomfortable feeling in the world) and they say i take too much pride in the way i dress and look. I don't think im attractive, but heck can't a guy look after himself without being judged?
    From now on you will rub your face with mutton fat to protect against frostbite and drink twice as much as any of these godrotten pisspots!

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    From now on you will rub your face with mutton fat to protect against frostbite and drink twice as much as any of these godrotten pisspots!
    Too hot to gain frostbite in Aus and i'm straight edge, looks like i can't do those.. haha
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Was that 3 years and 8 months in a relationship? If yes, that's not so bad (considering modern statistics)

NO!
    It's almost 4 years of waiting stupidly for a girl while watching her got into 2 r/s!

I personally rather not date a really good looking guy. I've definitely had my share, but I rather just have a average handsome guy. It's so overwhelming dealing with bitches who wish they were in my spot. Then there's the girls who will do whatever to get the guy to break up with you, it's annoying. It gives you less time to enjoy the relationship when you're too caught up in worrying if someone's gonna steal your man away today. And being that the guy cant help but let it get to his head, he's bound to enjoy the attention and it just wont cut it for me.

So when I see a sexy ass dude, I just say I wouldnt date him. It's pretty judgemental, I know, but too much women out here hate to see a woman happy, hence why I dont care for female friends. So to avoid it altogether, I prefer to stay in the category of an average handsome guy.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast