+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted.

To the OP, unless staying in shape is something that really means a lot to you... I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

I'm not as fit as I once was... but I've been told that I look good with a little 'meat' on my bones... and not to sound weird or anything, but my bust size has increased noticeably (which my boyfriend loves).

Besides, if both partners aren't exactly 'physical perfection' I've noticed that the jealous tendencies and other stresses decrease quite a bit in a relationship. Cute guys may be fun to look at... but I wouldn't want the stress of maintaining them...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    u jealous?
    I believe in the importance of having a strong body and mind, and desire to excel in all my endeavors.
    Strong mind? You mean wise ass?

doppelgaenger says:

"Women are usually overly self conscious about their appearance (kind of like Neo)"

ha ha ha, if only you knew me in person. I routinely joke around about my appearance and laugh whenever someone calls me "skinny" or "fat" to get a reaction out of me. I'm secure with myself and don't care about what others think.

doppelgaenger says:

"Strong mind? You mean wise ass?"

nah, I mean a strong mind. My first comment was a joke.

I know what I've got and don't care about what others think.
    Then what's with the crap you post? You wanna show the goods to somebody.

doppelgaenger says:

"Strong mind? You mean wise ass?"

nah, I mean a strong mind. My first comment was a joke.
    I know, I'm just teasing with you. I really appreciate what you're doing for Average Joe.

doppelgaenger says:

"Then what's with the crap you post? You wanna show the goods to somebody."

what crap? Give an example so I know what you're talking about.

Buy a $1000+ bike...that's plenty of motivation for me to get out and ride every weekend. I feel bad that I don't put it to good use.

Question for you Blue, how far away do you work? Have you thought about taking a bike every morning or at least every now and then? You will drop the weight fast. Go out riding with your fiancee, it will be a nice date and a good workout.

Oh ya and try not to get so worked up about your weight. You're beautiful...you're the kind of gal I'd like to marry someday.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 05-12-08 at 10:21 AM.

omg neo you are so ****ing hot do me now.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    omg neo you are so ****ing hot do me now.
    He's a narcissist, lol...but I agree, he is hot. If I were gay I'd be throwing myself all over him.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Male Man View Post
    Bluesummer, stop whining and pay attention to your fiance before you lose him. Pay more attention to what he wants which is (if he's a normal man) SEX. I gurantee that you will get lots of excersize...

Don't be a dick. We have sex four times or more a week, and I give him a ton of attention. I know how to take care of my man. That's not the issue here.

Thanks for the response guys. I can't reply to everything, so I'll try to cover a bunch in one post.

It's hard to really gauge my weight by appearance. I'm 5'8" and 170 lbs. Most people don't guess I weigh that much, when I was really thin in high school I weighed 130 lbs. At 150 I look more like 120-130. So I wear it well. But I don't like being more than 155.

I live on a mountain 5 mins from my work. I've walked DOWN to work a few types, but the walk up is a bitch. It's also not safe at night. My fiance doesn't really 'work out' himself but he refs basketball so he runs a lot. He is also lanky and has a crazy high metabolism. He can eat crazy amounts of food and never gain a pound.

I'm going to try and start running again, and my fiance and I are going to take walks at night around the mountain....it's a pretty good workout. I'm hoping that once I get going it will spur me on to do more.

And Neo - no, I'm not jealous. While you're very good at keeping yourself in shape (kudos), I don't find it particularly appealing on a man.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

What's your underlying motive though? To feel confident because you look good, because you want your guy to remain attracted to you or for the sake of being healthy?

Almost all of the girls I've met have a fetish for wanting to lose weight and worrying about it, but those who have a go at it eat so little and end up feeling faint or sick, slim girls even look worse, as though they're so fragile that you could accidentally snap their wrists. I'd say that you should find a weight that you feel comfortable with,aim to get down to it over a period of time and just try to keep it - no more, no less.

Which probably will be tough since it only gets harder when you get older, but yeah, in general.

Oh, and if you lack motivation, you could aim for something that forces you to do it - I didnt really need exercise myself, but I cut out my expenses on public transport through buying a bike and riding to uni each day - some days its a pain, but you've got to do it and it doesn't take up excess time in the day so that you end up feeling that you have to prioritize other things.
    Last edited by Lipp; 05-12-08 at 01:00 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think there is anything wrong with Blue being proactive and wanting to maintain her beauty before things get out of control. She is a beautiful, bright woman and a little bit of self-pride in this is perfectly natural. I doubt she is anywhere close to obsessing about her weight. I take pride in my looks also, I'm fully aware they won't last forever, so do what makes you happy, Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post

It's hard to really gauge my weight by appearance. I'm 5'8" and 170 lbs. Most people don't guess I weigh that much, when I was really thin in high school I weighed 130 lbs. At 150 I look more like 120-130. So I wear it well. But I don't like being more than 155.
    so basically this was a cry for attention and compliments. and you did get a lot of it from everyone here. the rest of us who don't look 120 or 130 should therefore feel miserable and beyond disgusted with our bodies. thank you.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ I said that IF I were to weigh 150, which I don't, I would look 120-130. Try reading. Sorry that people complimenting me offended you. Yeesh.

I'm hardly fishing. I'm actually upset. My family is always pointing out that I've gained weight, and it hurts. I don't have an entirely unhealthy view of my body, but I know that I am overweight for my height, and I also would like to be healthier. I'm not so obsessed I'm going to start starving or barfing my food. I have no desire for my bones to show. But muffin-top isn't something I'd like to keep up.

My MAIN concern is not just my looks. I don't feel healthy. I sleep a lot. I miss being able to pop out of bed early and go for a run. I lose my breath after a km or running now, and to me that's just sad, considering I could easily do 10 k before. I find when I'm working out consistenly, I feel more energetic, more positive, more motivated to do things....all things.

I almost considered hypnotherapy, somebody told me it would help me subconsciously change my level of motivation.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast