+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right decision or am i running away?

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    haha i think you're quite funny. anyway but the point was ppl come here for advice not to get belittled. GET IT??
    and i don't know where u learned the definition of maturity but it's not "knowing the difference between something deadly serious or not".....

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Maturity is knowing the difference b/t something deadly serious and not.

.Bo, you fail. Try to feel better about yourself some other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    haha i think you're quite funny. anyway but the point was ppl come here for advice not to get belittled. GET IT??
    and i don't know where u learned the definition of maturity but it's not "knowing the difference between something deadly serious or not".....
    Bo is right.. that is not the definition of maturity. Maturity is gained through a firm understanding of responsibility and accountability as well as such concepts as delayed gratification, and having a strong enough moral fiber to do the right thing... especially if it's not what YOU would want to do.

This is a rare quality in the world today... so this may explain why it is so often improperly defined.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mistake. You are obviously both much better versed on the *definition* of maturity than I. I hadn't realized there was an official standard.

Here's another thought for you kids:

Axioms are not axioms until they are proved upon our pulses.

(you'll need to look it up in Google, go ahead)

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    My mistake. You are obviously both much better versed on the *definition* of maturity than I. I hadn't realized there was an official standard.

Here's another thought for you kids:

Axioms are not axioms until they are proved upon our pulses.

(you'll need to look it up in Google, go ahead)
    It's not my intention to offend or belittle... only to state what I have observed. This is something I have learned from my upbringing, other experiences, and the military.

If you feel you have something to contribute to this ever evolving definition of maturity... feel free to add, so that we may all learn together.

(Learned the word 'axiom' back in high school... so I won't be needing to google it... funny you would assume this kid wouldn't know it... in the military there's an axiom involving the word 'assume')
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 21-12-08 at 02:04 PM.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly my point, thank you for this.

The word is not the point. Try looking up the entire idea. From a rather 'immature' author called Keats.

Users Country Flag
    It's very true that there is no definition to what immaturity is exactly....everyone's got their own version. But i do very much know that when ppl come to place where ppl are feeling hurt..and are needing comforting words of advice...it is very IMMATURE to be saying things that might be funny to u or a few other obnoxious ppl. and really it's not about having a sense of humor because when something is funny it doesn't hurt someone else...so i hope one of these days some of the ppl on this site actually develop a real sense of humor!! what really bothers me is that ppl make it sound to do certain things. For example the gal who posted this thread...well...obviously she can't let go of this dude. and i know the feeling. i know a lot of other ppl do too...ppl make it sound so easy to just quit and let go. Sometimes it's the things that hurt u that are the hardest to fix....it's like hey how bout all u methheads stop using. yeah i make it sound real easy......

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ..so i hope one of these days some of the ppl on this site actually develop a real sense of humor!! .
    Like yours?

Gosh, I hope not.

I don't suppose you've ever heard the saying: laughter is the best medicine? Ppl take their problems (and themselves) too damn seriously. Sorry, but my opinion about anyone who can afford both the time & has the resources to post on here doesn't have any serious, life-threatening problems. Ppl could do well to be reminded of that sometimes.

Anyone who does, and is looking for SERIOUS advice should be seeing a professional counsellor, not posting on an anonymous, free internet forum. That's not to say one can't get decent advice here, but you get what you pay for. Caveat emptor.

Users Country Flag
    and...why are u on here than?.....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate editing? Bored? Its fun?

Looking for a new pool boy. Want to send me your CV?

and...why are u on here than?.....
    What does it matter? I've learned from navigating many forums over the years that it's best to pick out a few personalities that are to your liking (and so far on this forum I have) and satisfy your curiosity and lighten your mood everyday by searching for what they've had to say. Disregard those that are really not to your liking... you'll have a more enjoyable experience and significantly less drama.

Besides, getting tangled in sqabbles and feuds really does little to help those seeking advice.

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    you're right aera, it's just a huge nuisance when i see ppl picking others apart. it bugs me... 0.o pet peeve, i'd say. u always seem right on with the logic though, i like that

I think that it was a right decision you did...You dont deserve him, you deserve someone much better than him!

and dont worry about that he doesnt have your phone number, if he really loves you and wants you back..then he will find a way to get you number. But if he is a player like you said and moves from a girl to an another girl..then he will keep doing that to every girl so you should get over him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou View Post
    You dont deserve him, you deserve someone much better than him!
    You know, I'm not picking on the submitter at all, but why do always people say "You deserve better?" Maybe that person actually doesn't deserve better and we just don't know it...

Just a curious thought.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    You know, I'm not picking on the submitter at all, but why do always people say "You deserve better?" Maybe that person actually doesn't deserve better and we just don't know it...

Just a curious thought.
    i said that because i think that Lost-Girl deserve someone who is like her...not the oppisite of her and that guy deserve someone just like him(a player) because thats obviosly what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou View Post
    i said that because i think that Lost-Girl deserve someone who is like her...
    Right, but I wasn't talking about the original submitter. Merely just asking a question related to the same subject, just ambiguous of application.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast