+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scariest horror movie of all time?

any movie that has to do with demons, satan, etc. Like the exorcists films; they scared they the shit out of me.

Ladie, I'm also a fan of "Saw" movies and I agree they aren't scary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    would you not define that as more 'disgusting' than scary? it depends on how the film is directed as to whether it falls into the category of horror i guess
    Yes, you are right. Scariness can be defined in many ways. One could talk about scariness while he thinks about running from monster, having that sort of thrill time. That never works for me though, I sit comfortably on my chair.
    Then you can talk about scariness that involves human mind directly. There could still be that running away and hiding thrill effect, but this time the situation is placed in more every day atmosphere and subjects are simple humans, therefore the viewer feels greater bond to the movie. But it does matter what the topic is though, for example Saw is not scary, its just disgusting, thrives on shock.
    Heck, I get scared when I see how usual humans can act and what they can become. Das Experiment had that effect, you never knew what would happen next. People in the movie are being put on test all the time, you never know who might turn against you, and you never expect things to go that far.
    This reminds me some russian movie, called Garpastum or something. It was quiet drama about war time (not about war), and it wasn't particulary scary. But there was this moment when crooks on the street just murdered whole family, cold blooded, there was no anger, they just wanted their things. And after that everything still passed on as usual, life went on like nothing happened. The act itself is disgusting yes, and it makes people feeling disgusting because of being human, but this actually scares. You get emotionally invested, and the interesting part is that people actually are scared of that investment.
    Yes, I guess you have probably understood that these films are not for the weekend with your girlfriend and popcorn. Its not particulary entertainment but after this you look at those saw or texas chainsaw films and start to wonder what really happens and how people can enjoy it.., both from the no thrill expectancy factor and the fact that people are dieing.

But to cut the ice: I have always enjoyed alien 1 and 3. Kind of scary (but not THAT scary), at least on the first few times.
    Don't expect anything.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I assume when you say Alien 3 you actually mean Aliens 2. You didn't like the first Aliens, Boobaa? That, by far, was the only one worth watching in my opinion. Great movie. But not a horror film by any means.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

This really isn't a horror movie, but when I was 6 years old I saw the movie 'Fire in the Sky'. It's supposed to be based off the true story about a man who gets abducted.
    Seeing that film at 6 years old terrified me, and traumatized me for many years.

It's because of that that I will say that its the scariest film I ever saw.

By the way... About 2 years ago I watched the film again and it was NOT scary at all. I had gotten over my alien fear, and the movie was actually rather silly. Hahaha... But the years that I was scared... not fun!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was a little kid the Lost Boys scared the crap out of me. Today it's anything but scary.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I'm here:

Silence of the Lambs.

The Ring (tho, actually, it was scary for me only UNTIL she climbed out of the tele--after that it was just stupid)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hellraiser 2 scared the crap out of me when I was 10, though for a long while now movies don't scare me anymore.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I would think "The Exorcist".

Then maybe "Holloween"
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

[QUOTE=Henry123;374223]I would think "The Exorcist".

QUOTE]

back in the 70's when this film came out first some people died of heart attacks or killed themselves after viewing the film, babies had been lost through shock and stress and reports of other health issues relating to the film....too early for its time
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

[quote=ecojeanne;374225]
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I would think "The Exorcist".

QUOTE]

back in the 70's when this film came out first some people died of heart attacks or killed themselves after viewing the film, babies had been lost through shock and stress and reports of other health issues relating to the film....too early for its time
    Yeah I heard something similar to that.
    I heard people started to faint and had nightmares.

Funny thing is I also heard there was an increase enrollment of people wanting to go to church.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, i was a pussy... after seeing the grudge, i actually didn't want to go into my closest and i never dared to even look at the attic door for the longest time.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    yeah, i was a pussy... after seeing the grudge, i actually didn't want to go into my closest and i never dared to even look at the attic door for the longest time.

raverboy
    LOL. After I came home from the movies, I was worked up and told my family about it. So I went on the computer and I heard my father call me and I looked around and saw him crawling my by foot like the chick on the stairs.

If I didnt wake the whole neighborhood they must've been in a deep ass sleep
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's funny.. when i watched the second one and i was quite drunk... i laughed my ass off because it was kinda stupid.

raverboy

kinda is an understatement. My hopes were high and they got shot down....kinda like the time they got shot down after I watched Next....why wont they kill the main character for once
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well maybe it's because you expect too much from a movie...

raverboy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast