+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girlfriend want me to stop talking to girl who is friend

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
    Well, in a sense then I am clean. I wouldn't be embarrassed.
    Though there are some things that me and the other friend have more in common, they're nothing to be embarrassed about. (talks about science and stuff like that).
    Anyway, I'm going to figure out a way to just reach a compromise.
    It's not just about that though. It's about "forming meaningful attachments with people other than your partner in ways that prevent your partner from having that deep emotional intimacy with you."

Have you formed a meaningful attachments with your friend in ways that prevent your partner from having that deep emotional intimacy with you?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I get the feeling your girlfriend isn't all that worried about you actually cheating with this other girl, just uncomfortable about the connection you share. Is that correct?
    Spammer Spanker

If someone would tell me to drop a friendship they can walk through the door theirselves.

A friendship is forever a relation most likely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahrell View Post
    If someone would tell me to drop a friendship they can walk through the door theirselves.

A friendship is forever a relation most likely isn't.
    I never really understood this. That's because a friendship usually does not have to ups and downs of a relationship--a person that sees you and does things to you that no other type of relationship gets to see or do. I put a relationship higher than a friendship but it is true that my friendships would probably last forever because of this lack of passion.

If I effed my friend and lived together and I noticed annoying habits everyday I would probably get passion for the friend too.

When I had roommates some of them were quite annoying. The friendship of one only survived to this day because I no longer live with them and have deal those types of issues. I would leave to go to the bf's whenever my roommate got on my nerves. But a partner relationship will ALWAYS be higher than a friendship to me. Of course I won't sacrifice my happiness for either a friend or a boyfriend.

I say if you feel that way I would assume you eff people that means very little to you compared to a friend.
    Last edited by lesa; 21-02-09 at 12:00 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Ofcourse a relation is higher then a friendship, but if they demand me to break off a friendship cause they are so damn insecure and it being the only option for them they can eff off to be honest.

Oh and I don't eff people that don't mean anything to me and I don't eff with friends, I eff with the person I'm with as in a relationship. I'm pretty old fashioned regarding that. If you meant to sleep with them.

Ofcourse a relation is higher then a friendship, but if they demand me to break off a friendship cause they are so damn insecure and it being the only option for them they can eff off to be honest.
    Oh yes, I see. I agree. Something is not right when they demand that you end a friendship.

BlueStar, she feels threatened that you may have more or potentially more with this friend. Do you EVER see a relationship is possible with this friend? The best solution is to include her in with the friend. Until then if you continue your relationship with this girlfriend you may have more issues.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Oh yes, I see. I agree. Something is not right when they demand that you end a friendship.

BlueStar, she feels threatened that you may have more or potentially more with this friend. Do you EVER see a relationship is possible with this friend? The best solution is to include her in with the friend. Until then if you continue your relationship with this girlfriend you may have more issues.
    Issues regarding trust for example. Since she wants him to end that friendship means she doesn't trust him not to fall in love with her .

Thing is, he had a relation with her before, and it's over now, they're good friends. The girl is just too insecure and it will prolly only get worse when she demands things like these. Also falling in love can happen anytime, with whoever, it just depends on the person to do something with it or not.

I'm happy guys are often less complicated regarding friendship .

Issues regarding trust for example. Since she wants him to end that friendship means she doesn't trust him not to fall in love with her .

Thing is, he had a relation with her before, and it's over now, they're good friends. The girl is just too insecure and it will prolly only get worse when she demands things like these. Also falling in love can happen anytime, with whoever, it just depends on the person to do something with it or not.
    I'm happy guys are often less complicated regarding friendship .
    I agree with all that you said even the bolded. However, That is one reason for infidelity among friends. He cannot help who he falls in love with but if he puts too much time into a friend and he knows there is a possibility for love or emotionally cheating, he made that happen.

Cheating is an action and not an accident. If he gets emotionally attached to this friend, that is emotional infidelity. He should give his emotions and certain intimacies to his lover. As soon as you regard a friend like that it's time to step back quickly and reassess what you want. If you continue with the both of them (one for physical and the other for emotional) then that is intentional.

He already said he sees her as a good friend, nothing more, nothing less. It kinda comes over that guys shouldn't have female friends incase they might fall in love with them now, hehe.

No, I believe we should be friends with whoever we desire. But lets be intelligent and understand that friends may have other motives to your friendship. I'm not saying his case specifically. I'm talking in general. There are husbands and wives who lost their spouse to a friend who had other motives, continued to talk until that partner became more interested in that friend for emotionally intimacies. After that, we know what may happen...

When it comes to the opposite sex unless the guy say he sees the woman friend as a sister or other blood relative and he spends a lot of time with her there is a possibility. It's the same for same-sex friends if they are homosexual.

I like when a man calls his female friend his sister or cousin. That removes any possible romantic feelings for them both.

I had males friends or wanting to be friends after flirting with me. Nope, I'm no fool. I don't need that type of friend when I have a loving boyfriend and this friend appears jealous or competitive. Could this friend be competing?
    Last edited by lesa; 21-02-09 at 02:24 AM.

There is always a change to getting emotionally attached, but to be honest, in the case it's always the person and their actions responsible for it. They let theirselves allow to fall in love, or even take action on it. Ofcourse there are friends who have other motives to stay friends, but most of the time it really is because they care about you and love to hang out with you.

When I had a relation for 2 years I started to make friends with a guy, and he tried to win me over after we knew each other for a while. I thanked him for his interest, but I wasn't interested. Gradually I started to feel more then I should have. I never cheated, but I walked away, told him I needed time to get over the feelings I had for him, whatever they were, as I still loved my boyfriend deeply. I choose to not get involved more then I already was.

As of today we're still great friends and nothing more. I'm not in a relationship with anyone atm, but yea. There's a difference in getting feelings and know when to walk away and getting feelings and keep hanging in them, resulting in it getting beyond control, but still, it's the person their own choice to stop or to continue. If there really is just a friendship the girlfriend should stop being so jealous and insecure. A relation is based on trust, nothing more nothing less.

I know people lost their partner to emotional affairs, but that just means they weren't much into their partner at all since they didn't walk away. That's just how I see it.

I wonder what the girl herself thinks, maybe she IS interested, but maybe they are just really good friends. To be honest I would trust my guy even if he didn't had a sister/ sibling relation with his female friend. Ofcourse if she tends to get more attention then me I will say something about it obviously.
    Last edited by Lahrell; 21-02-09 at 02:48 AM. Reason: typos/ not making sense

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123