+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two Great guy only 1 me

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes. And some, like crows, have entire family structures. If something happens to the offspring in a group, someone else in the family takes over. So its possible they are cheating, but only within a limited genetic 'family pool', which makes sense from a social structure standpoint. Actually, crows are bloody intelligent, check this out. I promise it is not a waste of 9 minutes:

[url]http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/joshua_klein_on_the_intelligence_of_crows.html[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i may be wrong but we are human not animals
    well i am human

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are the only human on the board, babe. The rest of us are really good computer programs sent to study you. The DoD is watching.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

hey don't take it that way
    i was just trying to make you understand that animals do it just for reproduction while it has other meanings for humans so i'd say these comparaisons are not really helping

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hohol View Post
    i was just trying to make you understand that animals do it just for reproduction
    Unfortunately, you are wrong. There are plenty of examples of purely recreational sex in animals. Read & learn:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sexuality[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha3 View Post
    Hello all, I've never done this before but I need advice badly. Ok here's the sitch.
    I'm in an almost perfect relationship. My BF and I have been dating for almost 3 years. I only have 1 problem, I have a friend (he lives in the UK).Me and him have this crazy amazing chemistry. He broke up with his fiance a few moths ago and now were talking more and more and he might come to see me in a couple of months and I'm really scared that Im gonna fall for him. He's always been the guy that I wondered what it would be like to be with him and i've always told my self, if I had a chance to be with him and I don't take it I will regret it FOREVER. Well he's finally single and he really wants to be with me. What I'm getting to is that I want to see where this could go with him but I'm afraid to leave my BF because what if things don't work out and I give up a really great guy who adores me. My BF is the practical choice to be with, but the UK guy is someone I've wanted for about 15yrs. What do I do???? Please help me!!!! THANKS!!!!
    People like you are the reason I dont respect women like I used to
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha3 View Post
    Hello all, I've never done this before but I need advice badly. Ok here's the sitch.
    I'm in an almost perfect relationship. My BF and I have been dating for almost 3 years. I only have 1 problem, I have a friend (he lives in the UK).Me and him have this crazy amazing chemistry. He broke up with his fiance a few moths ago and now were talking more and more and he might come to see me in a couple of months and I'm really scared that Im gonna fall for him. He's always been the guy that I wondered what it would be like to be with him and i've always told my self, if I had a chance to be with him and I don't take it I will regret it FOREVER. Well he's finally single and he really wants to be with me. What I'm getting to is that I want to see where this could go with him but I'm afraid to leave my BF because what if things don't work out and I give up a really great guy who adores me. My BF is the practical choice to be with, but the UK guy is someone I've wanted for about 15yrs. What do I do???? Please help me!!!! THANKS!!!!

Take a good long look at your current relationship... the pro's and cons of it. Then take a serious look at the pro's and cons of this other guy (an honest look... let's not fool ourselves now).

Are the pro's of this 'new' guy worth throwing away what you and your current boyfriend have built together? If you're wanting a long term relationship... then you're going to have to learn how to deal with temptation --- the notion that the grass is always greener.

If you honestly feel this 'new' guy is a 'bigger, better deal' then you need to break up with your current bf. Yes, you will probably lose him indefinitely... as he will move on to someone else, but that's the risk you take.

So is this guy really good enough to leave your bf for him? If he isn't... then don't act on impulse -- learn to say no to temptation then. If he is... leave your boyfriend before you do anything more, and gamble once more at the game of love.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yes. And some, like crows, have entire family structures. If something happens to the offspring in a group, someone else in the family takes over. So its possible they are cheating, but only within a limited genetic 'family pool', which makes sense from a social structure standpoint. Actually, crows are bloody intelligent, check this out. I promise it is not a waste of 9 minutes:

[url]http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/joshua_klein_on_the_intelligence_of_crows.html[/url]
    That was brilliant!!

Ummmm

Did your friend in the UK dump his fiance for you?

Didn't think so. If he really wanted to be with you, and didn't think of YOU as the second choice option, he would have.

Did he propose marriage to you instead, giving you security to drop what you have? Or did he just buy a plane ticket and plan to come out for a good time?

I also have a friend in a different country whom I have insane chemistry with. He told me that he wanted to come see me and stay with me at the end of the year, and I flat out told him that that was fine... but if I find myself in a relationship when he gets here, he's going to have to find somewhere else to stay.

So you should go ahead and dump your boyfriend. See where that leads.
    Last edited by Rollerderby; 24-04-09 at 11:25 AM.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I think Natasha has left the building
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~