+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does he want to have sex before we marry or not?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wish Jews had confessions. I look at it as a kind of mini therapy session.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I didn't want to get involved here but I thought I should correct rampant lies about the Catholic church.

Fras, I'm pretty sure what you meant was that Catholics, unlike other Christian denominations, DO pray to Mother Mary and Joseph, since that is a common misconception about Catholicism. Just to clarify, this is FALSE.

Let me make it easy:
    "Hail Mary...PRAY FOR US..." is the basic gist of the prayer. Asking someone to pray for you is not the same thing as praying to someone or worshiping them as a second deity.

And Petit, no idea where you got this idea that Confession is meant to make you feel guilty, but I guess if that's how you see it I can't argue.

Sheesh.
    Yeah maybe it's not a way everybody thinks, but I everytime I go to the confess I feel a bit ashamed... Sometimes it makes You not to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I wish Jews had confessions. I look at it as a kind of mini therapy session.
    Cause it is kind of therapy. Well there are people who do that each weekend, then I don't think it has any sense if they confess they sins already knowing that they do the same thing . But tho there is formule 'I will change' i always say ' I will try to change' so I won't lie even on the confession.

OH and Fras, it means You're another creation of Catholics as well... Not HEIL FRASBEE?
    I wazzzz here

hail mary full of grace. the lord is with thee. blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb jesus. hail mary, mother of god, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, amen.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the point of having functional genitals if you aren't even going to use them?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    OH and Fras, it means You're another creation of Catholics as well... Not HEIL FRASBEE?
    Huh?

If you're asking whether or not I was raised Catholic, yes I was, and even as a child I hated every bit of it.

You're baptized as an infant so you have no choice in the matter.

They brainwash you as a child so you grow up to think everything about Catholicism is right.

In my case, I was sent to Sunday school where I was essentially graded on my faith. And the only way to pass was to take first communion. So regardless whether or not I believed in communion, if I didn't want to repeat a grade I had to take it.

Even as a child I was wary of the bullshit that was being fed to me. I remember going to confession and making things up because I felt like was supposed be a sinner, I was persuaded to feel guilty for nothing more than, "we're all sinners". So when I was sent to say my our fathers and hail marys in front of the statues, I just sat there and waited about the amount of time I thought it would take to say them. Because I figured, "who's gonna know?". And now I think to myself, even if God knew, who gives a f*ck? He gonna send me to hell because I argued with my mom that week? Or said a curse word? So be it, f*ck God, and f*ck the system. I wish I knew then what I know now. I should failed the f*ck out of that school. It's not like it was going to reflect on my grades. CHRIST, I'm so f*cking angry I wasted life on that bullshit.

My mother told me she wouldn't enroll me in Sunday school anymore if I was Confirmed. How f*cked up is that?

Not to mention "sin" is determined by the pope, and not so much God or the bible.

Oh, and Catholicism is dumb.

Glad you broke out of that vicious circle Frasbee.

Good for you. Heil Frasbee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Yggds and Fras. Why do you think so many people cheat? Although there is a flip side to that argument, perhaps the more religious couples will remain faithful...

most people just see marriage as a way to save on taxes these days... sad really

I enjoyed this discussion on religion. I was raised protestant and went to a catholic school and had a really fun time asking a lot of questions to my religion teachers about all the freakin loop holes there are in Christianity (more bible related and such, which for most Christian sects is similiar)

I hate how the Catholics took stuff out of the bible in the early centuries because they thought it was "bad" or rather wanted to keep control of the masses. Reincarnation used to be in the doctrine of early christianity, but was taken out because "the masses wouldn't understand it." Or how they used to have indulgences where you gave money to the pope and so your dead loved ones got out of purgatory and into heaven fast. How effed is that? It's funny how they try to claim that Christianity hasn't changed since christ but it's changed quite a lot, and they still won't allow priest to marry (even though there is a lot of evidence that Mary magdalene was his wife) or let women into the priesthood.

Or what about that lie that we descended from adam and eve, and yet they only had two sons, one of which was killed. Now someone please explain to me how we are all here if that is true. I love the southern baptists who think that fossils were placed on earth by the devil to distract man from the truth. That one, takes the holy wafer.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Huh?

If you're asking whether or not I was raised Catholic, yes I was, and even as a child I hated every bit of it.

You're baptized as an infant so you have no choice in the matter.

They brainwash you as a child so you grow up to think everything about Catholicism is right.

In my case, I was sent to Sunday school where I was essentially graded on my faith. And the only way to pass was to take first communion. So regardless whether or not I believed in communion, if I didn't want to repeat a grade I had to take it.

Even as a child I was wary of the bullshit that was being fed to me. I remember going to confession and making things up because I felt like was supposed be a sinner, I was persuaded to feel guilty for nothing more than, "we're all sinners". So when I was sent to say my our fathers and hail marys in front of the statues, I just sat there and waited about the amount of time I thought it would take to say them. Because I figured, "who's gonna know?". And now I think to myself, even if God knew, who gives a f*ck? He gonna send me to hell because I argued with my mom that week? Or said a curse word? So be it, f*ck God, and f*ck the system. I wish I knew then what I know now. I should failed the f*ck out of that school. It's not like it was going to reflect on my grades. CHRIST, I'm so f*cking angry I wasted life on that bullshit.

My mother told me she wouldn't enroll me in Sunday school anymore if I was Confirmed. How f*cked up is that?

Not to mention "sin" is determined by the pope, and not so much God or the bible.

Oh, and Catholicism is dumb.

YEAH right sin is another creation of pope and catholics,there was nothing about it in bible ,yep

I was raised in catholic family, catholic system and catholic country,but actually even if I heard all the time You have to go to the church,I always had the right not to.
    Jews are dumb,muslims are dumb,hindi are dumb,atheists are dumb and christian too. In every religion there is a lot of bullshit . But I prefer to belive in someone than beliving in beliving in nothing. It's too long and difficult discussion to talk about it to You.Especially if You don't know actually a lot of things about this religion.And I don't care if You were raised as a catholic.You still don't know nothing about this religion.Well You don't even know the basics so why should i discuss it with You? I also do not know everything about it ,but for sure way more than You.

But let's say: whatever Fras.

PS. I puke at atheists, they are so ignorant and dumb,they think they know everything about life but everything they know are some quotes from Dr.House.And they reapeat them selfes.They are just boring.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 21-05-09 at 06:41 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't say the pope created sin, I said the pope determines what is sin. (Example: condoms)

There's nothing to "know" about Catholicism.

Just like there's nothing to "know" about Lord of the Rings beyond the fact it's a waste of time.

Don't act like I don't anything about being Catholic, I was raised in a Catholic family with Catholic friends in a Catholic community. Unfortunately I was so Catholic that I didn't understand the differences between Catholicism and the "other" guys.

And for the record, I never said Catholics are dumb, you're the one that started calling people names.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't say the pope created sin, I said the pope determines what is sin. (Example: condoms)

There's nothing to "know" about Catholicism.

Just like there's nothing to "know" about Lord of the Rings beyond the fact it's a waste of time.

Don't act like I don't anything about being Catholic, I was raised in a Catholic family with Catholic friends in a Catholic community. Unfortunately I was so Catholic that I didn't understand the differences between Catholicism and the "other" guys.

And for the record, I never said Catholics are dumb, you're the one that started calling people names.
    And I still don't change my mind about them

So You were so catholic in a bad way that You couldn't understand the differences between 'the other guys' . I do,I even have muslim in my closest family and have friends lutherans or jehova or other , and tho I still enjoy being catholic, i don't mind other people have other religion than me. They were raised so,it's their choice,it's their life. But You don't have to call me dumb, cause You do, saying something I belive is dumb which potencially make me dumb too.

Let's just finish this issue. I don't see any compromise ,and I surely won't . Besides the OP's problem was something else ,wasn't it?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    and they still won't allow priest to marry (even though there is a lot of evidence that Mary magdalene was his wife) or let women into the priesthood.
    What evidence is there besides the Da Vinci Code?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never called you, or even inferred that you were dumb.

What I will say is that you're a woman, and like many typical women are trying to extract sentiment out of my words that aren't there.

I said exactly what I meant.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never called you, or even inferred that you were dumb.

What I will say is that you're a woman, and like many typical women are trying to extract sentiment out of my words that aren't there.

I said exactly what I meant.
    I just said... If You call something dumb,something that people are kind of beliving in it, isn't it making them dumb then?
    I wazzzz here

Try reading the gnostic gospels. They were banned from the bible in the 3rd century.

I study religion for a hobby.

And women were allowed to be priests up until that point too. Priests were allowed to marry. Early Christianity was actually quite a beautiful religion until Charlemagne came along and split everything up.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know about any evidence, but Jesus was Jewish... and a religious Jew. Religious Jews are expected to marry, and always have been. For him not to have married would have been extremely unusual.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast