+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I approach in a bar?

I don't accept drinks from random guys in bars or clubs unless I see it made or opened in front of me and handed directly TO me by the bartender. General rule I have.

I agree that the cheesy pick-up lines don't work. I was headed to the bar at my favorite music venue one night and it was rather packed. I waited behind some guys when one of them kindly made space for me at the front. I thanked him and perhaps would have started talking to him until he said, "That'll be two dollars." Granted, I knew he was joking, but I wasn't amused. I kind of just stared at him, and he apologized and went back to talking to his buddy. Maybe it was kind of bitchy of me, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Seems justified, some people have their pet peeves. His failed attempt of humor is comedic in its own way, but then again who am I to talk.
    “One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else.”

You have to work out your own approach, but really the best is just simple honesty. Walk right up to her, smile, and introduce yourself. If she's remotely interested she'll respond with a smile and her name. Repeat her name so you won't forget it. Tell her straight out that you saw her from across the room, liked the way she looked, and thought she might like some company, a dance, a drink, whatever. If she's not interested what's the worst that could happen? If she laughs in your face she's a rude bitch that wasn't worth approaching in the first place. Chances are she'll either politely refuse, or she'll accept your invitation. After that you'll get plenty of more chances to screw it all up.
    Don't worry about the walk of shame; there isn't one guy on this planet who hasn't been shot down at least once.
    Last edited by Karmartia; 27-04-10 at 04:56 AM.

Chat up lines always fail me.

I'll sit next to girl quietly first then wait a few minutes. After that, chit chat time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123