+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polite Decline

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Well, you originally said you didn't want her to feel rejected and being blunt would do that. And you know what your intentions are ... I mean, the obvious thing to do would to be blunt of course, but I thought you were looking for an alternate route.
    Yeh, I mean I would prefer blunt.

In her case, well perhaps 'bluntish'.

Anyway, I'll reply to her invite now.

Thanks everyone!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

good luck! may the force be with you
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

tell her you're u-g-l-y you ain't got no alibi!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I've tried companionship in the past, it doesn't work. I don't know about you but I personally see a sadistic intent in stringing someone along and leading on someone who is attracted to you, but you are not to them. If they are attracted to you and you are not to them you have a moral obligation to end it right there and then and not torture them with "you can see me as friend only" bs. I'm not going to torture her.
    Mish, if you don't like me that way, I wish you'd just come out and say so already.

Those of you who are implying Mish is some kind of ego king w/the girls, that's just not so. He's a very polite, sensitive young gentleman. If he was a turd, he wouldn't even be posting this question.

Mish, I would suggest you ask to speak with her privately. Simply tell her that you have noticed 'a change' in your interactions lately. Tell her then how you think she is (insert nice, sincere compliment here) but that you are (insert your excuse here). Before she responds, give her that graceful out: that if you are mistaken about 'things' you are very sorry/embarassed to have bothered her with this. Just that you admire her as a person & you didn't want there to be any misunderstanding between you.

Most ppl in this situation will be hurt, but will be obligated to put a brave face on it. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^^ Unfortunately, we don't know much about this girl. She could take it as face value and say he isn't interested, but I've seen girls pursue even after the blunt "i'm not into you."

Girls don't understand why guys would turn them down, that's why. The naive ones think they have a chance if they do the asking, instead of waiting for said dude to pick up on clues and ask them.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Derby, there is a progression to civilized interaction.

Or are you suggesting he just go right for the outright rude cutting blow, just *in case* she can't take a hint?

Mish has to look himself in the mirror also, doll, and he cares about this kind of thing. Thank goodness there are still men (and some ladies) like that out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yea mish seems like one of the good ones
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Oh I know there is a progression, I was just analyzing too deeply into the future of previous scenarios I've witnessed over time. I know it's best not to go for the metaphorical balls right away on this girl.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Honestly I think a simple line like, "I think you're a perfectly nice person, but I'm not interested in you in a romantic way." would do. It's letting her down pretty easy. I mean, either way, it's going to sting a bit.

Mish, what did you end up saying to her?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Honestly I think a simple line like, "I think you're a perfectly nice person, but I'm not interested in you in a romantic way." would do. It's letting her down pretty easy. I mean, either way, it's going to sting a bit.

Mish, what did you end up saying to her?
    Well she didn't say anything about romantic interest, so I didn't want to go down that path.

I simply said that I'm studying for exams at the moment and catching up right now is not a good time for me. Honest and not too brutal hopefully. She didn't reply.

Hopefully that was enough to get the message across.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

did you ever tell us what she said exactly to ask you out?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123