+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: skin care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    it's called Exuviance Moisture Balance toner.

[url]http://www.dermstore.com/product_moisture+balance+toner_1350.htm?s_kwcid=ex uviance%20moisture%20balance%20toner|3985704429&gc lid=CPim5LqUjp0CFRgbawodTG7-_A[/url]
    thanks! i checked it out. it says it's not for sensitive skin. my skin is very sensitive. same with the minty feeling. it's too much for mi pobre piel sensitiva.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Does anyone do Mineral or Vitamin Baths?
    i haven't taken a bath in a long time cause the house i'm renting the tub is not a place i'd like to soak in.

but i would love to do that. we have some natural hot springs here and i like to soak in those.

Cucumber slices are a waste of time. You should try Avocado.

And that minty feeling is actually the medicine in the cream... it's awesome!

Makeup... I use MAC, CHANEL and Bare Minerals. But only certain Chanel Products because although I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Chanel... I'm not crazy about all the make up.
    i haven't tried chanel anything. i don't like their perfume, so i never bought any of their stuff just because of that lol.

i like bare minerals so far. their lip stick and lip gloss is the bomb. mac stuff is too expensive for me.

actully regarding the body. i have in the last 6 months started using this amazing dead sea salt scrub. when i apply it and scrub it feels great and invigorates the skin and get the blood flowing and then i step under the shower and it turns into an oil. flippin gorgeous feeling, i'm all slick and shiny. you should try it anyone into this kinda thing. oh and it's organic! it's made in israel and the make is GADI. i can't rave enuf about it, i love it.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    actully regarding the body. i have in the last 6 months started using this amazing dead sea salt scrub. when i apply it and scrub it feels great and invigorates the skin and get the blood flowing and then i step under the shower and it turns into an oil. flippin gorgeous feeling, i'm all slick and shiny. you should try it anyone into this kinda thing. oh and it's organic! it's made in israel and the make is GADI. i can't rave enuf about it, i love it.
    i got that as well but been too lazy to use it. it's just sitting on a shelf. now that you rave about it i just might try it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Cucumber slices are a waste of time. You should try Avocado.
    This would cause problems for me, I would eat it instead of putting it on my eyes : /

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

i went to tj maxx today. omg i lost all track of time and it was dark when i left.

i got all kinds of stuff. that place is dangerous.

anyway i got elizabeth arden perpetual moisture. we'll just have to see how it works. it already feels good. i don't feel like i need another 3 layers of moisture so that's a good sign.
    Last edited by misombra; 27-09-09 at 10:28 AM.

i don't know about this stuff. it burns. plus i just had to add another layer of moisturizer on top of it.

i want to try this one...

[url]http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241732&categoryId=C11245[/url]

it's only 55 dollars but i tried it at the store and it is thick.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sephora makes great products. I believe it is also an israeli product.

omg i love sephora.

i just had to wash that elizabeth arden stuff off my face. it burned. i'll ship it off to somebody if they want it. i used just enough to try it and it's pretty expensive in the store...

it wasn't bad it's just my skin is so sensitive. have i mentioned that my skin is sensitive?

then the organic options would be much better for you. altho i am biased generally in favor of organic everything as i'm sure you've gathered. but i feel great inside and out because of it.

the problem with the other products is that they have a lot of chemicals and preservatives which are linked to cancer and skin disorders like dry skin to the extreme. the cheaper you go the worse the shite in the product is but the designer ones can be just as bad sometimes. i recommend you start reading the labels and anything with paraben on the end of it represents a chemical. they get absorbed into your skin and then the blood stream. in the long run it's not healthy
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-09 at 11:49 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    which chemicals specifically are you referring to, eco?

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben[/url]

there are other chemicals like sodium laural sulfate, resourcinol and many more. the synergy of all these chemicals absorbed is unknown and that's the part where i reject. the allowed substances on their own in the small amts are aparently 'fine' but it's the synergy in combination with all the other chemicals we are exposed to is completely unknown. it's a minefield out there
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-09 at 12:04 PM.

actually this website is a good resource to find out what the chemicals listed on the bottles are

[url]http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/[/url]

tonight i had a sample of some alba stuff. soap, toner, and moisturizer. omg the soap made my face totally dry up, the toner burnt the hell out of my skin, and so did the moisturizer. way too much.

i had a sample of the queen latifah perfume. that shit smells really good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast