+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any europeans here??????

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    You should limit it to the most relevant measurement tool available.

But really, at the end of the day - who gives a shit?
    Doppel and Eco
    I wazzzz here

jeeze, i get the eu lisbon forced upon me and then told move somewhere else if i'm not happy, it did cross my mind but where the fck do i go is the hard question, now i will have to contend with eventually being told that i must get the swine flu vaccination like a guinea pig and the eu laws will now enforce that upon me since i'm an eu citizen above being an irish citizen and this will definitely happen even tho the sides effects outweigh the flu itself. this world is getting more and more fcked up by the day.

don't forget the eurolat-amero is on the cards.

blair already being nominated to be president of the eu pfft.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    By the way... I don`t think education in US is better than in Europe.
    I think it is

You can`t tell by the number of good universities.
    Yes you can

The one I used to go (RWTH Aachen) had 6 Nobel prizes including last one for Physics in 2007.
    The one I go to has over 40 Nobel prizes, including a Nobel prize awarded a couple of days ago to a graduate of ours (a biochemistry major). And an active professor in the math department who is a Fields Medalist

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Foreign students that come to US or Canada are far better prepared than the average US student, esp in maths & sciences.
    At better schools that is not at all the case

They also work harder.
    This is true on average at for all schools

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    no infact i recently read a stat report that compared health, education and all sorts and europe comes out on top now that it is all one.

i have an interest in global news that affects my life. here's a bit of info i'm sure you didn't know about;

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5266884912495233634#[/url]
    Another conspiracy theory? Wahahahhaa!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFdbUEq5s&feature=channel"]YouTube - Conspiracy Fail[/ame]

it's not a conspiracy dumbass. look up the definition of the word. this is in the open for you to look up and read about.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 07-10-09 at 10:38 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I know what a conspiracy is, Eco. It was a joke. Lighten up a little.

that was so funny i just laughed my ass off. you americans are too funny!

yep, i think by normal standards of jokes that was lame. jus' willing to note. anymore funnies so i can have a good chuckle?

Luck of the Irish.... wahahahhahaha!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    The one I go to has over 40 Nobel prizes, including a Nobel prize awarded a couple of days ago to a graduate of ours (a biochemistry major).
    He did his graduate studies at Cornell, just like how I went to Boston to do mine. So according to your previous arguments, DM, that hardly matters.

His undergraduate alma mater is McGill. He's a Brit, grew up in Montreal actually. I think the guy who got the physics prize this year is also Canadian (for the CCD).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok so now if we argue about Nobel Prize, a POLISH woman is the only woman in history who got 2 Nobel Prizes - Maria Skladowska-Curie (You may know her as just Curie,but it`s her husbands name,she was 100 % polish) - beat that mo`fo`
    I wazzzz here

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's just that education in America is trashed way too much, and it is undeserved

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    It's just that education in America is trashed way too much, and it is undeserved
    You need to make a distinction b/t public education and post-secondary. Its true as far as universities go, there are few foreign schools that can compete with the Big Name US schools.

Oxford, Cambridge. In Canada, most recognition goes to McGill (tho not the best, IMO).

Compare to Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Cornell, Yale, Berkley, Stanford... and lots of others. Not counting the Institutes: Rockefeller, Scripps, Whitehead, Smithsonian, etc.

So, with places like these to mingle with other high-minded intellectuals, its no wonder there are so many Nobel prizes concentrated in the US. You attract talent from around the world b/c you are willing to fund and foster it. That's how it goes. Really smart people w/good ideas don't want to be hampered by a petty concern like money.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was curious, so I looked up the number of Nobel prizes by country.

US is by far the heavy-hitter, with almost 320 prizes. BUT, when you look at the list, notice how many of them are actually not-US by birth.

If you are very smart, or very rich, the US is very happy to call you her own.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So, with places like these to mingle with other high-minded intellectuals, its no wonder there are so many Nobel prizes concentrated in the US. You attract talent from around the world b/c you are willing to fund and foster it. That's how it goes. Really smart people w/good ideas don't want to be hampered by a petty concern like money.
    What are the Ivy League tuition fees like?

I was curious, so I looked up the number of Nobel prizes by country.

US is by far the heavy-hitter, with almost 320 prizes. BUT, when you look at the list, notice how many of them are actually not-US by birth.

If you are very smart, or very rich, the US is very happy to call you her own.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country[/url]
    Did you hear about the author who won the Nobel prize today?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast