+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gang Violence and Derrion Albert

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the fact is, unless you want to live in a country where people get locked up without a trial, everyone needs a good defence.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We should all be plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Sorry to piss on your parade, but tell that to Derrion's mom. Really.

Charlie Boy, i love what you're doing, but if you defended someone who killed my daughter with a 2 x 4, you might be in as much danger as they would be. Something like that would cause me to go all Gribble on somebody.
    I would say it to anybody as a matter of fact. I remember my parents saying the same thing to me and my siblings when I found my older twin brothers shot to death, murdered during what is believed to be a burglary. Sure we are so overcome with grief and anger over what was done to our loved one but going out and creating more violence is only temporary relief and causing pemanent damage to someone else. That isn't a solution.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The solution is removing the criminal so that he may never, ever harm another soul and using his removal as a tool to discourage others from making the same mistake.

Better that a million murderers scream in agony and terror rather than one innocent school kid.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unfortunately that's not just Chicago, that's pretty much every American city. Detroit, Flint, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Memphis, Baltimore, etc. Almost any American inner city has the same kind of stupid ass culture

And come on Gribble, prison should not be a hell hole for EVERYONE that goes there. A lot of people go to prison for things that aren't even bad, such as selling marijuana or something

And I don't think the people who did this (killed this person) should get that, they should just be executed

Pretty much every American inner city environment needs martial law

Of course it's not just Chicago but right now is leading in Gang Violence. Chicago is home to over 200 gangs. Gang Violence is overwhelming and it's effecting all the schools and neighborhoods. Almost NO WHERE is safe in Chicago anymore except down town.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    And come on Gribble, prison should not be a hell hole for EVERYONE that goes there. A lot of people go to prison for things that aren't even bad, such as selling marijuana or something

Those people should never be there in the first place. Hell, if we gave up the war on drugs and diverted that gigantic money sink to placing more cops in key areas that would probably resolve more problems than just about anything else.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Of course it's not just Chicago but right now is leading in Gang Violence. Chicago is home to over 200 gangs. Gang Violence is overwhelming and it's effecting all the schools and neighborhoods. Almost NO WHERE is safe in Chicago anymore except down town.
    Gang violence isn't going to subside either if you keep spelling "affecting" like that

Well sorry. My english isn't perfect.
    I still have my mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Almost NO WHERE is safe in Chicago anymore except down town.
    Oh please. I was there just a couple of months ago, everywhere at day time and at night.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Back up tourist.
    1. I said Almost.
    2. You were downtown and in the suburbs. I highly doubt you went to went deep.

Chicago's gang violence needs an intervention I'm glad Obama went there to talk with the mayor. Protests have been going on and so much more.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My dad grew up in Chicago. He tells me about it... oh once a year or so.

All sorts of crazy stories. When they were kids his brother found a cat and took it inside. Turned out the cat belonged to the girlfriend of some gang member. This ganger found my uncle, who was maybe 13 at the time, and dragged him into an alley. Flipped a bicycle upside down, pedaled it with his hand until the spokes were a solid blur. Then he shoved my uncle's nose into the spokes. Took his nose down to the bone. All this because he played with some skank's kitty and gave it a saucer of milk--hell, I can't tell you how many times I've done that myself.

Just once I'd like to hear a different story. Just once I'd like a real man to stumble across a scene like that, grab the shithead gangbanger and shove his dick into the spokes. Take it down to the balls.
    Last edited by Gribble; 09-10-09 at 11:42 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Isn't it ridiculous that words, lingo and a carefully crafted fake persona will get you places that honesty, dedication, and sincerity never could?
    Gribble, diplomacy and integrity are not mutually exclusive. Should be the converse, actually. Diplomacy is a language useful for handling complex issues. There is a delicacy necessary when requiring consensus or investment from groups of people. Particularly when those groups of people are led by intelligent decision makers.

Ever see Men In Black? Love that movie, anyway this topic reminds me of a quote:

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
    I love that quote. Hard to believe it came from a summer popcorn flick.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, wisdom is wherever you find it. MIB is one of my favourite flicks. My other fave movie quote is 'no fate but what we make'.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast