+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guys who date younger women

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i find it funny that males want anything to do with females < 25-30 years old. Even as a woman, I don't much care for most of them before that age.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    i find it funny that males want anything to do with females < 25-30 years old. Even as a woman, I don't much care for most of them before that age.
    The vast majority offer nothing more than eye candy and a good body because they are wading through the shitstorm called "early twenties." It works exactly the same for males of that age.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So, the deal is: he gets his kid and she gets a stay-at-home retired wealthy father who will often cook dinner, subsidize her career dreams, yet never question her choices.
    Problem? I don't think so.

Except for the last (on which I call BS--isn't at all likely for a guy who enjoyed success and a woman looking for a partner) its a pretty good deal all around. Especially men who have wanted to work on that 'special project' or consulting, etc from home. Plenty of guys would love an arrangement like this. Why not? Its the deal women have had for ages & IMO, men would do it more happily and possibly better, on average.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    The vast majority offer nothing more than eye candy and a good body because they are wading through the shitstorm called "early twenties." It works exactly the same for males of that age.
    I don't think of them the same way. Males this age are so much less psychologically complex, vain, and vicious.

However, I tend to like women better than men when they are all grown up, and as opposed to stereotypical males that drool over 18 year olds, I think male bodies are more attractive when they are fully grown men (not skinny little boys).

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Problem? I don't think so.

Except for the last (on which I call BS--isn't at all likely for a guy who enjoyed success and a woman looking for a partner) its a pretty good deal all around. Especially men who have wanted to work on that 'special project' or consulting, etc from home. Plenty of guys would love an arrangement like this. Why not? Its the deal women have had for ages & IMO, men would do it more happily and possibly better, on average.
    The guy down the street in his 90s had the best deal...he married in his 50s to a woman in her 30s. They had two kids. She turned out to be an gambler and an alcoholic. She dropped dead in her late 40's and he raised the kids. I guess that saved him the cost of her subsidizing her career, huh? LOL

Except for the boozehound and gambling part...well, let's just say that I wouldn't mind just raising the kids with the help of a nanny and avoid having a woman in my life. A surrogate mother to donate the eggs and a nanny to help me raise them would be a lot cheaper emotionally and otherwise than having to deal with a wife.

No offense intended, but I think when I'm in my 50's and if my resources allow it, I'd rather avoid marriage and yet still have kids. I hear that there are guys that claim to be homosexuals to help improve their chances of getting a surrogate mother to donate an egg and a womb.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, well if you view marriage as having to 'deal' with a wife then its definitely not for you. Not sure about the career subsidizing thing, that sounds weird. What about someone like an MD who would like to get back to a full-time career after her kids grow up a bit? That's not very unusual, Cam. Many professional women put their careers on hold (put keep a toe in the water) for a few years w/young kids and then ramp back up once they get older. Its a viable strategy and everyone benefits with few drawbacks, in my experience.

Or maybe you'll just fall for your nanny, Cam Von Trapp.

Personally, tho, I don't think highly of women who keep a nanny. What's the point of having kids if you are going to let someone else raise them?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I would take advantage of young girls if I could. Eighteen is the perfect age.

LOL, well if you view marriage as having to 'deal' with a wife then its definitely not for you. Not sure about the career subsidizing thing, that sounds weird. What about someone like an MD who would like to get back to a full-time career after her kids grow up a bit? That's not very unusual, Cam. Many professional women put their careers on hold (put keep a toe in the water) for a few years w/young kids and then ramp back up once they get older. Its a viable strategy and everyone benefits with few drawbacks, in my experience.

Personally, tho, I don't think highly of women who keep a nanny. What's the point of having kids if you are going to let someone else raise them?
    Few drawbacks apart from the employer who has to put up with their rubbish.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Even as a woman, I don't much care for most of them before that age.
    that's exactly why you don't care for young. Objectively I'd agree, older women are better company and generally nicer than their younger counterparts. It's pure sexual instinct that makes young women attractive to males.

But of course that's not to say men aren't attracted to older women as well. Of course they are.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post

But of course that's not to say men aren't attracted to older women as well. Of course they are.
    I'm not and while older women might appear more mature, they have just the same insecurities and stupidities that found in younger women only they have learned to hide it better.

People say men are sexist but women are by far more sexist than men.

It's not just men who go for younger women, I think most women will prefer older men as well. My mom is 4 years older than me dad, and she's always complaining about how immature he is. Men mature later, that's about it.

For example, my non-girl is 16, has quite a lot of emotional baggage and only goes for older guys... average 25... she once told me I was too young for her o_O

I'm 20, probably more mature than that intelectually, but socially and emotionally I'm still very inexperienced, and so I can't really expect to successfully attract a 20-year old, for example.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

LOL, well if you view marriage as having to 'deal' with a wife then its definitely not for you.

Many professional women put their careers on hold (put keep a toe in the water) for a few years w/young kids and then ramp back up once they get older. Its a viable strategy and everyone benefits with few drawbacks, in my experience.

Marriage (or even a relationship) in America today is the equivalent of having an enemy combatant staying in your house. One might as well stick the dynamite up one's arse and light the match.

A "career" is just one more sign of the decadent Western society that has fallen prey to Maslow's quasi Marxist "hierarchy of needs." In ancient Greek philosophy it would be viewed not as englightenment but rather as enslavement to one's appetites of the moment (see Democratic Man section in The Republic).

Fall in love with the nanny? Never. The relationship is entirely economic and there is a power difference...she would have less power in the relationship and would therefore be a victim should I approach her socially. Better to just keep it economic, get the kids raised, etc. If you recall, Maria Von Trapp was a novitiate at a convent...she wasn't out tramping around.

I agree...I don't respect women who have nanny's, so that is yet another reason to not marry. Just have the nanny and not the wife I wouldn't respect anyway

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So? There are plenty of foster kids and others desperate for adoption. Focus your energies on them. Become a Big Brother. You have a lot to offer.

But children without marriage? When one has a choice? Sorry Cam, I strongly disagree. I don't think raising children in a single-parent household is the best way to go. Marriage can be a fine partnership when both people are committed, esp regarding raising children. Conflict is inevitable sometimes. But very workable with reasonable people. A nanny is not a substitute for a parent. In fact, you would be better off sharing childcare with your own parents in that situation.

If you are concerned about disturbing your peace, you should know that children will disturb your wah as much or more than a spouse. Sometimes it is very good to have your partner take point on certain flammable issues.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

A partner. I've never had a successful personal relationship with a woman and I have largely given up trying. In not too many more years, I will be completely alone in the world. I am intensely aware of that predicament. I should take care of my own physical and mental well-being and ride out the storm of life as best as I can. Children offer some hope that there is a better future beyond me, but that has been denied me as much as I have denied myself of that opportunity.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cam, you have to want children b/c you have something to offer THEM. Not the other way around, which is just selfish.

You might be surprised to know that many of the same issues that cause problems in marriages also cause problems with relationships with one's children, especially in their teenage and young adult years. In other words, if you can't figure it out with another adult, its not going to be any easier with a child.

I bet there are any number of posters here who don't get along with a parent and who has similar issues in their marriage/relationship. Children are little people who grow up to become big people, so it makes sense.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 06-01-10 at 08:26 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast