+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Vehicle matters to females?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No offense hopeful, but when young kids such as yourself are driving a Lexus (or similarly valued car), I immediately lose respect for their parents.
    Ha! You should see what the kids drive to campus here. Better cars than most of their profs drive. LOL. Hong Kong exit money...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    Why though? If they have the means to let their children enjoy the finer things in life, why not?.
    Parents like that rob their children of the pleasure and pride of earning things for themselves and working their way up. And trust me, nothing makes you prouder than something you earn.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Parents like that rob their children of the pleasure and pride of earning things for themselves and working their way up. And trust me, nothing makes you prouder than something you earn.
    definitely, i mean if your parents are loaded and they buy you a car, even if its new its one thing. Okay your well off you can afford it, your making an investment, buy them a civic or something simple. Don't go out and buy a 16-20 year old a luxury vehicle they will just get into an accident with.

I know a kid whose parents bought him a 50 000$ audi, he totalled it, so his dad decided to buy him a new one. This kid barely got through highschool and now delivers pizzas in his 50 000$.. yeah i know?... why?.. wtf?.. but true story.

When I was 16 and able-bodied, and able to work legally without a permit, I got a job. I didn't do it just to buy a car, my mom had lost her job and I took it upon myself to help her out. She owes me a lot of money, but it's okay. We had a roof over our heads. She let me borrow her van, which was an old deathtrap. The doors wouldn't open, the windows didn't roll down, and you had to get in through the back hatch. The air conditioner was removed long ago because we couldn't afford to get a new one. It would stall because the gas tank leaked. But I was so happy because I was trusted with that thing.

I saved up a grand and bought an old Saturn, which I'd still have if I didn't wreck it. My mom used it for a long time because that van finally died for good. I wasn't the best of drivers, and that thing had body damage- but I was the first dude in my graduating class to have a car, and so people'd pay me to drive them home. So many wonderful girls in my POS car that I loved. They'd complain about it every chance they got, though, that they couldn't steal it because it was manual. You could start it with a flathead screwdriver, though. Getting it going was the fun part.

But when I was in college, I wrecked it. Then I saved up for another tiny car, this one's just an average car, but it's my ride. It's necessity. Doesn't hinder me any despite the paint peeling off. It runs excellent, is a blast to drive, and works. I treasure it because it's the best car I've ever had. May have to sell it if times get rough, but that's okay. Crappy car never deterred me from anything.

Oh well. My grandfather bought me a car when I was 17, an Infiniti. Now I only roll Lexus.

i'm with giga i like guys with cars that can make it over the mountains and through the rivers.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

If you can't take care of a car, you can't take care of a human.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    If you can't take care of a car, you can't take care of a human.
    Not true... I don't wash my car, but I wash my baby! haha
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

LMAO! Shorty! <3

You should wash your car. You have to keep it clean interior and exterior.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    definitely, i mean if your parents are loaded and they buy you a car, even if its new its one thing. Okay your well off you can afford it, your making an investment, buy them a civic or something simple.
    A car is never an investment, no matter how wealthy one is. At best, you can claim it as an expense but you never make money from buying a car unless you own a dealership. In which case, its not a car, its inventory. Different.

i dont give a toss about whether he has a car or not.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A car is never an investment, no matter how wealthy one is. At best, you can claim it as an expense but you never make money from buying a car unless you own a dealership. In which case, its not a car, its inventory. Different.
    yeah, that came out wrong. I meant more of an 'investment' in your child and building up his or her driving ability. Car's lose like what, about 20-30% of its value right off the lot?.. companies expense their cars in such a way that it loses 40% of its value every year...

not a moneymaker what so ever.

I've always had a soft spot for BMWs. I love the way they look. I don't give a crap about cars and can't tell you anything about them, but I love the Z4 - I think it's adorable.

No way I would EVER buy one, though, even if I had the money. I think if I won a BMW sweepstakes where they were giving away Z4s, I'd probably take it, but I'd tell everyone I got it for free. There are so many things I'd rather do with my money. It may sound harsh, but I don't want to be mistaken for someone who places a high value on wealth or shows it off.

Edit: this also means it might take a bit of convincing for me to date a guy who drove a really fancy car. Great job, good income - awesome. I'd be more excited if he rode a Madone than drove a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think a car is a reflection of your personality. I wouldn't even give the time of day to a guy who drove a yellow Avalanche or a Hummer. I think Mini Coopers make guys look totally gay and I can't make sense of spending upwards of forty grand on a car, so any guy doing that would strike me as insane.

I want a guy with a car that can fit all of our camping gear in it and make it up the mountain.
    Aw yeah! Station wagon!! Hahahaha

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    If you spend 50k or more on a vehicle, it is just gluttonous to me- no matter HOW much you make. If you have money to throw around like that- have a better purpose for it.

Ok sure....I've flown halfway around the world to donate my own time and money helping people in need. Not to mention the large charitable donations we make yearly, and volunteer time. There's my better purpose. I'll take my nice car too thanks.

Besides, I always tell people if you're going to make comments about what other people should do, make sure you're leading by example. Make six figures and then come back and tell me you're giving it all to charity and then you have a valid opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Of course, it also depends what you are doing with it. Certain jobs are very status conscious. If you are a CEO, stockbroker, or even a realtor driving to meet clients then you better wear nice clothes and drive a nice car. Other people judge your success on how you look.

My fiance is a high-level banker that drives to clients homes to meet with them personally. I'm working on becoming a private investment advisor, which will require me to do the same thing. I don't think people with millions of dollars to invest want to see us rolling up in a Honda (that's what I drive now). They'll think we don't do our jobs well. Honestly.

I actually want an Infiniti. It feels high-end and sort of down to earth at the same time.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast