+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: still hurt

i have to see the said girl today to get a book back. any tips?

Forget the book, you can buy it on Amazon.

The cost of contacting someone that you shouldn't be contacting right now is potentially too high.

Last week, I met face-to-face with my ex, so she could pick up (most of) the rest of her stuff. I went into it with high hopes, and in fact persuaded her to call this a break instead of a breakup. But she was in a hurry, so the whole 30 minutes was brusque and business-like in tone. The next day, I felt like crap. I knew then that I needed to take time to find my own happiness again, because I wasn't going to get any happiness from dealing with her before the end of the semester. So I finally decided to move forward on adopting a cat, something I've been wanting to do for months, and now I'm really excited about picking out a cat this weekend and bringing home a happy creature. I'm doing No Contact with my ex until the end of the semester, when we plan to meet up and talk about our future again. And if that doesn't work out, I am ready to move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't understand why a mentally healthy person would ever voluntarily attempt a relationship with a person who openly admits to a serious mental disorder (assuming of course, she actually HAS this disorder, which is incredibly over-diagnosed these days). But the bottom line is this: you can't expect a snake to act like a kitten. You are volunteering to be involved with a psychologically unwell person. Don't expect her to act like she is normal.
    [holds up hand] Oh, oh, I know this one!

A guy might attempt a relationship with a person who openly admits a serious mental order, if she is "hot." It's kind of like buying a car that you normally couldn't afford but can afford this one because it's a salvage title.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Forget the book, you can buy it on Amazon.

The cost of contacting someone that you shouldn't be contacting right now is potentially too high.

Last week, I met face-to-face with my ex, so she could pick up (most of) the rest of her stuff. I went into it with high hopes, and in fact persuaded her to call this a break instead of a breakup. But she was in a hurry, so the whole 30 minutes was brusque and business-like in tone. The next day, I felt like crap. I knew then that I needed to take time to find my own happiness again, because I wasn't going to get any happiness from dealing with her before the end of the semester. So I finally decided to move forward on adopting a cat, something I've been wanting to do for months, and now I'm really excited about picking out a cat this weekend and bringing home a happy creature. I'm doing No Contact with my ex until the end of the semester, when we plan to meet up and talk about our future again. And if that doesn't work out, I am ready to move on.
    Doesn't really help me as I need it today.and its been a few monthes and she has a new boyfriend. My only option is to go get it any help?

Can you ask a friend to pick up the book from her?

I would recommend buying the book too, and I think you can get by a week or two without it waiting for it to be shipped.

If you are flat ass broke and absolutely, positively need this book from her, then I wouldn't do it through a friend.

Just tell her to leave it on her porch or in a mailbox, and you will swing by and get it. I'm guessing since you guys are still talking that you are contacting her, so it would be irrelevant damage to ask her for it.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Quote Originally Posted by cmacattack1 View Post
    I would recommend buying the book too, and I think you can get by a week or two without it waiting for it to be shipped.

If you are flat ass broke and absolutely, positively need this book from her, then I wouldn't do it through a friend.

Just tell her to leave it on her porch or in a mailbox, and you will swing by and get it. I'm guessing since you guys are still talking that you are contacting her, so it would be irrelevant damage to ask her for it.
    no we are not talking and i asked her for it and she said i could come get it. I actually need it for tomorrow money is not an issue at all time is my issue. she said she would be back to let me get it and call me and its been 2 hours since she said she would call and im getting very annoyed

If you told her to put in on her porch, you wouldn't have to be waiting around for her to call.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

she contacted me hours after i told her to bring it to me problem solved

so she came dropped it off didnt even say hi just said here you go i said thanks she threw it in said your welcome and and left. Not that i really care but that is rude imo

That didn't feel great, did it? You were hoping that the book might bring the two of you back together, but it was just a book, not a magic wand.

From her perspective, this was a clingy ex annoying the crap out of her about some dumb book, and she deeply resented having to bring it back to you when she doesn't want anymore contact.

Take the hint and move on. She wasn't the right one for you, and if you start looking, you will eventually find someone who will appreciate you for yourself and bring you much happiness.

no i honestly needed the book to study for the test i have today. Not to get back together with her. I just think that type of behavior is rude and childish. I cant really be hurt any worse than i already had been. I had asked for this book over a month ago and she gave no response the last time i actually needed and i havent needed it until last night. So no to those of you thinking i wanted to use it as a time to talk or w/e thats not right

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanderini View Post
    no i honestly needed the book to study for the test i have today. Not to get back together with her. I just think that type of behavior is rude and childish.
    So is expecting someone to drop everything and return your book at the last minute b/c you couldn't plan ahead for an exam you must have know about weeks in advance.

If its really just about the book (BS, btw), then you should be thankful she took the time to bring it to you. Its actually your problem, not hers. She's not the rude one, you are for not thanking her for hand-delivering it to you.

You aren't fooling anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So is expecting someone to drop everything and return your book at the last minute b/c you couldn't plan ahead for an exam you must have know about weeks in advance.

If its really just about the book (BS, btw), then you should be thankful she took the time to bring it to you. Its actually your problem, not hers. She's not the rude one, you are for not thanking her for hand-delivering it to you.

You aren't fooling anyone here.

im not trying to fool anyone. something would have to really change for her to want me back. i only expected her to bring it since she was 2 hours later than she said she would be there when i was going to pick it up. I thanked her and was respectful as always

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123