+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lesser known/unknown bands

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    They sound familiar...do they do a lot of covers?
    Yes. They only do covers. The covers they do though are usually from songs that are really stupid, like "I believe I can fly" or "Somewhere over the Rainbow". Then they make these songs into punk, and it's awesome. They were on the warped tour in 2003.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarabell952
    Yes. They only do covers. The covers they do though are usually from songs that are really stupid, like "I believe I can fly" or "Somewhere over the Rainbow". Then they make these songs into punk, and it's awesome. They were on the warped tour in 2003.
    I just downloaded some of their songs, they are quite spectacular. Don't know if you like ska, but Streetlight Manifesto is an awesome band aswell.

I really like the norwegian band Motorpsycho, they sing in english of course. Hard to place them in one genre, their albums are very different from eachother. From progressive rock to punk to country. Personally I like the melancholy rock best. I would compare it a little to Smashing Pumpkins, espesically the quieter songs.
    I could probably provide some download links via PM if anyone's interested, seeing how difficult it is to find.

PS. Not sure how unknown they are, but the band "Love" aren't to bad either :p

Metallica's 80's stuff was almost never played, except for "One." I love their older stuff, but I also like their newer stuff. They are no doubt my favorite band.

Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Dream Theater...never played on the radio, but they all rock.

lol Ive heard of almost every band you guys have listed.

How bout bands like...

BT
    VNV Nation
    Apoptygma Berzerk
    Assemblage 23
    Rammstein (theyre kinda known)
    Orbital

Babi-All those bands are extremely well known... but hey I love depeche mode they were and still are brilliant for their time!

Chevelle is very well known here... on the radio alot. Along with alot of the bands you guys have listed...

I guess it all depends on the area you live in. Some stations play some music, some dont. I myself rarely listen to the radio but I download a lot of music. Thats how I find non-mainstream bands.
    Last edited by ALovelyLady86; 09-05-05 at 08:19 AM.

Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Dream Theater...never ever played on the radio, that's why I listed them. Most people have heard of Maiden and Megadeth. Metallica fans know Megadeth because of Dave Mustaine. Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica...biggest metal bands ever, no question. Dream Theater is not very well-known, but they make great music.

Chevelle is very well-known and much-played. Rammstein is somewhat known, yet I have to admit I haven't heard any of their songs.

I'm not too fond of Dream Theatre actually..I guess its just me. Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah. They're a band you have to listen to with an open mind and acquire a taste for.

By the way, ALovelyLady86, I also live in Georgia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123