+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to become more confident?

Girls don't like toothpick sized guys?

I guess it sucks for me...

I'm 5' 9" and 123lb I have a high metabolism The highest I got to last year was around 130 it's almost impossible for me to gain weight since my father was built pretty thin too and my job has me going up and down about 500 times in a 4 hour period.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I'm 5' 9" and 123lb I have a high metabolism The highest I got to last year was around 130 it's almost impossible for me to gain weight since my father was built pretty thin too and my job has me going up and down about 500 times in a 4 hour period.
    Wow. You must be the thinest man I know of, most I know with that height are about 145lb...

I have never been able to weight less than 165lb, in that weight I'm just bones, muscles and skin :-/

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Wow. You must be the thinest man I know of, most I know with that height are about 145lb...

I have never been able to weight less than 165lb, in that weight I'm just bones, muscles and skin :-/
    lol spare me any jokes that are forthcoming lol I've heard them all

But yeah I have so much energy after work I don't really get tired unless I just stay up But yeah if I can hit and stay at 140 I would be happy

lol spare me any jokes that are forthcoming lol I've heard them all

But yeah I have so much energy after work I don't really get tired unless I just stay up But yeah if I can hit and stay at 140 I would be happy
    I wasn't going to make any jokes, I think it genuinely curious.

Do you workout? Maybe that would help you gain some weight..

I wasn't going to make any jokes, I think it genuinely curious.

Do you workout? Maybe that would help you gain some weight..
    I used to walk 5 miles for about a year and a half About the time I gained a little weight.. As soon as I stopped as in a week later it was gone.

I used to walk 5 miles for about a year and a half About the time I gained a little weight.. As soon as I stopped as in a week later it was gone.
    I have a couple of friends who tried to gain weight and what they did was more like weight lifting and such, building muscle... Maybe you should ask someone who knows about workout if you really want to gain weigh.

Btw, the other day you mentioned you go to take pictures on weekends, isn't that good to meet girls?

I have a couple of friends who tried to gain weight and what they did was more like weight lifting and such, building muscle... Maybe you should ask someone who knows about workout if you really want to gain weigh.

Btw, the other day you mentioned you go to take pictures on weekends, isn't that good to meet girls?

Haha If taking pictures of trains brings the females then it could be

I did run into some nice Russian females on the Q train

I really haven't been out to do anything in about 3 weeks on the weekends

I know someone who goes to the gym daily so I will ask him what should I do.

Haha If taking pictures of trains brings the females then it could be .
    Well, maybe not trains, but if you saw a girl you like you could start a conversation with it... I don't know, but if you asked a girl if you can take a pic of her and at the same time tell a compliment to her, that's an easy start. (Now the females in the forum may start saying that that's the creepiest thing to do, but it sounds like it could work to me)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls don't like toothpick sized guys?

I guess it sucks for me...

Have you had your thyroid function checked? (It's unlikely, but possible, that its function is off.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wasting time thinking inward about how you feel will keep building up the negative stuff. First tell yourself to get away from those that trash talk you no matter what interests they share with you. You don't have the time to focus in on nit picking on yourself. Life is too short to waste on friends that aren't really friends. You need to be your own friend first! Next you can do things that you enjoy, take the dog for a walk...animals are loving and give back positive not negative attention. Follow your heart, find your interests and build from there, go to college or even just taking some extra classes can help build the skills you need for a great career. You will attract friends as you go through life, just be the friend to others as you expect other to be to you. Go shopping for some new clothes, get a new hair style..can also be a big confidence booster! Be picky about the people you hang around with, you're too good for negative people. My son was skinny up until he turned 23..his body had to catch up to how tall he grew! Girls still were chasing him around anyhow..he never thought of himself as skinny.
    Last edited by wendysue1970; 03-04-10 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Have you had your thyroid function checked? (It's unlikely, but possible, that its function is off.)
    I haven't but I can when I do my next physical

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Improve yourself. Workout. Read.

Study yourself with an unflinching and unbiased eye. Identify your shortcomings. Face them headlong. Overcome them.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Study yourself with an unflinching and unbiased eye. Identify your shortcomings. Face them headlong. Overcome them.
    That's funny, because reading about it yesterday and asking a friend, it seems I may have a Body Dysmorphic Disorder...

Wear High Heels!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123