+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you guys mean it when you say "I Love You" to a gal

There's a difference between loving someone and able to be in a relationship with someone.

Kind of like there's a difference between I still love my ex wife and wish her well, I just don't want here anywhere the fsck around me.

Or, to quote Ash... "That's just what we call pillow talk baby."
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Thank you for quoting Army of Darkness, Lite.

For most guys telling that line depends on the circumstances. In simple words, we don`t always mean it, most of the times it is misused. For example, if a guy knows that by telling that line he will get lucky, he wont hesitate to use it. And even though I do believe that telling someone "I love you" is a very strong statement that should not be taken lightly, if there is no real love involved, telling that line might merely serve as a means to an end. I know that this seems a bit cruel or manipulative, but, honestly, if a woman is dumb enough to fall for that line without being able to detect if I were to be honest or not, then she is probably not worth my time and I should not take her seriously. And as harsh as it may seem, as much as it is hard to admit, I think that this principle applies for both sex`s. Love is a strong word that should never fall on def ears. In simple words, anyone can lie, but in the end I think that few are the one`s who truly take pity on the blind. Meaning, If there is real love in there, there will be no questions.

I hope I helped in some way. Your`s truly, Caleb.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    If his hands are up your shirt or down your pants when he says it, he's lying.
    What about if hes in you?

Nah in all seriousness, those three words get thrown around very often. And to be honest, its very easy to say them too.

I told my ex I loved her a little too early (... she tried to say it one week after dating me <_< wth), and even said we would be together "forever and ever". Well... she is now my ex, I was caught up in the moment.

My current girlfriend I have told I love her, and I truly mean it.

There are many nefarious guys out there that will do and say whatever it takes to get some. And then there are other guys, like me before, that have gotten caught up in the moment.

I think the problem is there will always be a confusion with the difference between love and infatuation. :/

I think the problem is the value that women put on the words themselves above the actions taken instead. Somehow saying those words is supposed to override the reality of the actions taken by the person. If it weren't for it being so emotionally and sociably fashionable there wouldn't be such a big issue. Not to mention if more people were conscious of what they were actually feeling they wouldn't be as worried about the timing. I was with me ex girlfriend for 2 years and never said it despite the fact that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She didn't hear those words until the day I broke up with her coincedently. I wasn't being an a-hole, I was just positive at that point in our relationship that I loved her. Saying it sooner just to make her happy or prove that I cared seemed like a lie.

I only say it if I mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I think the problem is the value that women put on the words themselves above the actions taken instead. Somehow saying those words is supposed to override the reality of the actions taken by the person. If it weren't for it being so emotionally and sociably fashionable there wouldn't be such a big issue.
    Good point.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123