+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AGAIN... That GAME they play.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your posts are often acerbic and condescending (like to Asip). I suspect the girls who are initially attracted to your aloofness are frightened away when they realize what a bastard you can be.

It just means you are chasing the wrong sort of woman. You need to find one who is self-sufficient enough not to be bothered by how your insecurities manifest.

Of course, this perfect woman will be looking for her perfect man. Good luck with it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Your posts are often acerbic and condescending (like to Asip). I suspect the girls who are initially attracted to your aloofness are frightened away when they realize what a bastard you can be.

It just means you are chasing the wrong sort of woman. You need to find one who is self-sufficient enough not to be bothered by how your insecurities manifest.

Of course, this perfect woman will be looking for her perfect man. Good luck with it.
    I DO feel a need to call people out when they say or do something stupid. I seem to get an abnormal amount of flak for it too I noticed.

Thanks for pointing it out Indi. Your always ready to point out peoples idiosyncrasies with the implications of it being a short coming. LOVE IT!
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    After talking with a female friend recently she said she thinks it may have something to do with the fact she notices I can be incredibly warm and inviting in one breath and then be cocky and obstinate in another.
    I dated a guy like this, and his hot and cold got on my nerves after a couple of months.

Graham, you come off that way on this forum too, quite often. You act a little....what's the word?....entitled. That is offputting in too many doses.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I haven't seen a picture of you Graham, but from the way you come across here, I have the impression that you're a really good-looking guy. That's great for meeting women, but can also set their expectations high if they are immature. Eventually, they get to know you as a person, and if your personality isn't as good as your appearance, that could cause them to leave you. In general, physical appearance is less important to women than to men, as they are more likely to factor in things like personality, values, wealth, and manners.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I dated a guy like this, and his hot and cold got on my nerves after a couple of months.

Graham, you come off that way on this forum too, quite often. You act a little....what's the word?....entitled. That is offputting in too many doses.
    In my experience if you act one way, either hot or cold, they get bored of you. In high school it happened a lot. I noticed a dramatic fall off of girls getting bored once I developed a more dynamic personality and didn't let people around me get away with sh*t. What do you mean by entitled exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I haven't seen a picture of you Graham, but from the way you come across here, I have the impression that you're a really good-looking guy. That's great for meeting women, but can also set their expectations high if they are immature. Eventually, they get to know you as a person, and if your personality isn't as good as your appearance, that could cause them to leave you. In general, physical appearance is less important to women than to men, as they are more likely to factor in things like personality, values, wealth, and manners.
    That sounds about right, Vincenzo.

I'm just repeating the cycle of meeting a girl and her building up in her head what I am suppose to be. Its not really a person that most women want its JUST manners and wealth. The more polite (in my opinion passive and submissive) and the more wealthy the more the girl wants him. I have neither of those right now. I find the pursuit of wealth shallow and the need for constant manners belittling as if to say "You cannot handle reality so I have to be a perfect gentlemen ALL the time to help you cope with being fragile and defenseless". I don't want to be some helpless girls daddy. Girls who go after those guys don't respect or love them. They are DEPENDENT on them.

Maybe I miss understand what love is. Isn't it to love the other person totally, completely and thoroughly even with their dings and scratches? Isn't being flawed in certain areas just part of being a human being? Thats whole concept of wanting a person and not an image. Maybe I am totally wrong here...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

You know it could just be a really bad streak of girls you're meeting. You say you're in San Francisco now, girls over there tend to be...yeah. In some ways, you can blame society for harping on about how you need lots and lots of money to be considered a good 'catch' for a girl. If you're really desperate to find a partner/love, have you considered moving to another continent? My partner originally lived in Europe for most of her life before moving to Aus, so her values and standards are more 'down to earth' and realistic compared to most of the girls I've talked to locally.

I think Graham and I are the same person. And though we may rub some people the wrong way because of a more direct approach to dealing with people, its an amazing phenomenon to see yourself in someone else. Kinda gives you a better idea of how you come off to people.

Wouldn't know how not to be direct...
    Last edited by Graham Berkeley; 05-06-10 at 12:31 PM.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

girls stop liking you cause you act like a dick. period. no amount of money or squirting can make a decent girl hang with a dick.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Misombra, what would you describe as acting like a dick? I ginuinely want to know.

oh geez i don't have the time or energy to describe what a dick is. don't you know? isn't it obvious? a dick is a dick.

Lol all I know is that I have one. The type that you're talking about is pretty subjective person to person so just wanted to see your criteria : )

A lot of guys have this almost girly attitude. As soon as they're not getting attention, they get their panties in a bunch and start acting this way. How many times have we seen this? Instead of looking at his flaws (which some have pointed out) he'll blame the girls for it and the fact they want money, manners, personality...
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

They act like what? Please articulate yourself when you post in one of my threads
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    They act like what? Please articulate yourself when you post in one of my threads
    like this. ^.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast