+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can guys REALLY be trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Noone wants to cheat, except for a few rare freaks who get with someone with that intention.
    Oh sure, you just happen to cheat by accident... like "I fell on her"...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to distinguish between intent and action. You seem to be referring to action. I'm talking about intent. Do you really think that all these married posters we get who are cheating actually intended to cheat when they got married?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You need to distinguish between intent and action. You seem to be referring to action. I'm talking about intent. Do you really think that all these married posters we get who are cheating actually intended to cheat when they got married?
    Not when they got married, but later on they decided they wanted to or they just stopped caring about it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Not when they got married, but later on they decided they wanted to or they just stopped caring about it.
    Well, yes. Like that recent thread where the OP was clearly creating all kinds of arguments to justify why he should run off with his old ex.

As I said, one has to decide that not cheating >>> cheating, for whatever reasons work for them. For some tho, those reasons aren't enough. I can think of any number of scenarios where someone might decide cheating >>> not cheating. A long-time married person who doesn't want divorce for the sake of the kids but who absolutely cannot tolerate sexual relations with the spouse. Not many people would agree with this, especially if you are young and idealistic, but I can imagine pragmatic reasons why such a situation might occur.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well, yes. Like that recent thread where the OP was clearly creating all kinds of arguments to justify why he should run off with his old ex.

As I said, one has to decide that not cheating >>> cheating, for whatever reasons work for them. For some tho, those reasons aren't enough. I can think of any number of scenarios where someone might decide cheating >>> not cheating. A long-time married person who doesn't want divorce for the sake of the kids but who absolutely cannot tolerate sexual relations with the spouse. Not many people would agree with this, especially if you are young and idealistic, but I can imagine pragmatic reasons why such a situation might occur.
    I may be a bit idealistic, but I really doubt I'd find myself in any of those situations... And even in that situation, I can think of better things than cheating, I see nothing wrong with a separation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shrug. Like I said, noone expects to be put in these situations. When your feet are held to the fire though, that's when you'll find out who you are.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sadly, this forum says otherwise. There are an awful lot of people who don't [overcome the urge]. It really boils down to your reasons not to cheat being >>> than your reasons for it. This requires some thinking and decision-making skills. Not everyone's cup of tea.
    I wonder what the percentage of Gumbies to the normal people is out there contrasted to the ratio in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    People lie, cheat, steal and are immoral in many ways. Deal with it.
    He's back!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Anyone can overcome the urge to cheat.
    I agree completley. And it is just too unfortunate that more people dont chose to do so and hurt the ones who love them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123