+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What turns you off most?

I would not be cool w/a BF hounding me to quit smoking. I know it's bad for me- but I CHOOSE to smoke anyway b/c it's a habit I enjoy. I also enjoy Big Macs and I DARE a BF to say "you know those could make you fat and obecity is a health risk" If you don't like the taste of a smoker's kiss or the scent in the air- fine- date a nonsmoker. But to simply say you would harp someone for health reasons alone seems a bit silly to me. There's a reason I don't date my doc and I don't want my date acting like my Doc.

BTW- Do you think it's OK that it would be socially acceptable to influence your SO to quit smoking/drinking but completely Taboo to criticize what a woman eats? Seems contradictory to me.
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger

Boring, stupid people in general are a huge turn off. Even nice, boring stupid people get on my nerves. Oh, add self-centered to that list and you'd have one of my last exes.

Don't get me wrong, there is no excuse for being mean, but is there really an excuse for being boring either?

i would never try to make my bf quit smoking. i would just simply never date a smoker i think. after kissing them i don't think i could be attracted to them anymore. maybe i could if i knew the person well and i really really liked them. but i would never force them to quit. that is their decision to make, i understand that. i started dating them fully knowing that. besides in my opinion no one can make you quit smoking. it has to be your own desicion that you are 100% committed too b/c it is such a hard thing to do.

nomas, i can drink and watch football as much as the next guy. but it's weird to have sex with someone who is constantly calling you dude. it's a bit disturbing. what if a girl kept calling you chica all the time?

you know what might be worse than your bf calling you dude?? him calling you by ur last name like some guys refer to each other. I really feel for the girl who's bf is all like, "hey Finnegan what's up?!?" so boys the lesson is here never call ur gf by her last name or dude. it's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by abercromqt20
    you know what might be worse than your bf calling you dude?? him calling you by ur last name like some guys refer to each other. I really feel for the girl who's bf is all like, "hey Finnegan what's up?!?" so boys the lesson is here never call ur gf by her last name or dude. it's just weird.

no kidding! i'd probably rather be called someone else's name!

bwahahaha i called my ex the name of a girl who she thought i was foolin around with (while we were going out). i caught myself mid-word but she still got it and slapped me real hard... lol. it was funny tho. somehow.. in a strange twisted way.

*slap* that's just wrong!

What's w/BF/GF calling each other Pappi or Mommy? That's creepy to me but it's the big pet name thing in the city.
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger

myshadow,

I think the thing is that "dude" is just an expression, like "man"..everyone says it...but the thing is taking it to the point where you use it regardless of the sex you are speaking to. Like amber said...in a way it's like even just calling someone by the last name. It's just a friendly deviation from the norm, though it's usually only among "the guys" that this behavior, or sub-culture, if you will, is attached to. I think a more accurate comparison would be if a girl started calling me "sister" or "giiiirl", like Oprah would, you know?? If a girl started doing that with me, I'd laugh at first, because it'd be unusual,..then I'd think it's cute because it'd be one of those shared things between us that is not common in most relationships.

Freddie
    Last edited by nomas; 10-11-04 at 05:05 AM.

Boring sex....UGGGGGG
    and bad personal hygiene

nomore,

i wouldn't mind if one of my guy friends or relatives called me dude. but my boyfriend calling me dude is just strange. it doesn't make me think of sex or sexy because i think of platonic friends and relatives. you know?

myshadow,

I understand that while you're talking sex or sexy, it's a real mood killer to have a guy tell you, "I'm horny...you wanna go at it, Dude?"..unless of course he's Keanu, right?.. but I'm refering to the non-sexual moments. During the everyday routine life activities. The laughing and having a good time part. The parts of a relationship they showed you in Mad About You..just the relationship between 2 individuals who happen to be best friends of the opposite sex and get to have sex when they're in the mood. There you go...I kinda like the picture I painted there with the Mad About You reference..you know how they would get along like friends most of the time? Like that.

(Tusombra..that's "nomas", one word slang..try it that way).

Freddie

okay, nothingmore,

even if he's keanu, it's not sexy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123