Quote Originally Posted by therealjag View Post
yeah true. I was hoping the counsellor would say to my gf thats its normal in an adult relationship for a bf or gf to go out and spend time with other people - that it would be completely healthy. But instead, the counsellor just see's my gf's 'pain' and agree's with her behaviour.
He is probably siding with her and agreeing with her, because he fancies her himself....not because she is right. Some people just can't be trusted to do their jobs properly and you get those who are a sucker for tears and a pretty face.

And just to clarify, she's paying her less than 1p an hour, its a free service at her college. Infact, I dont even know if her counsellor has any psychiatric (spelling) certification or education; i should probably check that out, now that I think about it!!
She needs to visit a qualified counsellor and not go along to the local college where some young college bumpkin is advising her because he thinks he's a counsellor, when he likely only to be a month into training to be one. And I reckon you should go with her. Not because you need counselling, but so you can have your say and you are aware of what is being said.