+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long has it been since you have had contact with your ex.. post here once daily.

she graduates today... this is going to be really hard... today is day 5 though.

tonight and it didn't go well for her

day 6.. she graduated yesterday and I didnt contact her...

She emailed me a couple of days ago to arrange my next visit with my son. I'll answer her in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwood84 View Post
    I have an ex who i found out to have borderline personality disorder. We were friends before we got together in april of 2010 but I had no idea she had so many underlying issues. everything was great at first; so much so that i didnt realize it was an "idealizing stage" in bpd. My dad was battling cancer at the time so i reduced my class load at school greatly to take care of him. he got much worse into the late summer of '10 and i began to need to be there for him a lot.it took a toll on me and made me emotionally wiped. my ex unfortunately decided to show her true colors as i began to get emotionally weaker. my dad ended up passing at the end of november and my ex got much worse with her emotionally abusive behavior. i was grieving and taking the loss hard because i lost my mom as a kid too and i have no siblings; so, it was hard for me to pull out of the relationship. a couple of months ago, i realized that her tantrums, her constantly using me to take care of her responsibilities, her demands, her criticism and personal attacks on me, and her lack of sympathy towards my situation with my father was unforgivable. I left her apartment one day and never returned...

she tried to manipulate me with nice texts, than emotionally manipulative texts, than mean texts when i said i wouldnt come back over to stay the night with her. she would threaten to block my number when i did not rush over as she demands. her texting became an every other day thing with the same erratic behavior. than it dwindled down to over a few days. at this point, she would only come to me to ask me to do something for her or help with something, which i firmly declined. she did it for the last time on monday after no contact since may 3rd. I declined her request for help taking care of her financial aid and she again insulted me and said she will block me again. no contact since.

i am happy. very happy. good riddance.

its 4 days and counting of NC and i hope it goes on forever.
    Man, that's rough. BPD is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Ex #1: its been about a month since we last spoke via email. Even though he cheated on me four years ago he is still an okay guy, just not bf material. I enjoy him giving me opportunities to gloat of my better life and choices ;D

Ex #2: 2 years, he's a mental-case.

GOOD CALL! shes as manipulative as they get
    yeah she is manipulative. it took me so long to realize that because i was hurting so much about losing my father but im glad i could finally get stronger again and realize i need to pull myself out of that.

I think your ex#2 and my ex are both in the mental case boat.....

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Man, that's rough. BPD is no joke.
    it was rough. i was friends with her before we dated and had no idea she has it. im a graduate student in a psychology program too for god sakes! arggh, i just think i couldnt see it because she is a high-functioning bpd. i never got over losing the girl i was in love with before she and i started dating so at least i never loved her; but, i thought we could work towards that since we had been good friends. i found out just how cold and messed up and self absorbed she really is. i think its because bpd girls always have to play the role of the victim and when they get into a relationship with you, you have to be the rescuer. 2 people cant be the victim, so when my dad started to pass away, i feel like she thats when the problems got worse.

im going to feel so sorry for whoever her next victim is. no contact now for about a week and im ready to keep it rolling on. the last words i said to her were "goodbye please". never contacted me after that. that was something my dad and stepmom said to the family pets when they were annoying them. haha

Quote Originally Posted by rcwood84 View Post
    it was rough. i was friends with her before we dated and had no idea she has it. im a graduate student in a psychology program too for god sakes! arggh, i just think i couldnt see it because she is a high-functioning bpd. i never got over losing the girl i was in love with before she and i started dating so at least i never loved her; but, i thought we could work towards that since we had been good friends. i found out just how cold and messed up and self absorbed she really is. i think its because bpd girls always have to play the role of the victim and when they get into a relationship with you, you have to be the rescuer. 2 people cant be the victim, so when my dad started to pass away, i feel like she thats when the problems got worse.

im going to feel so sorry for whoever her next victim is. no contact now for about a week and im ready to keep it rolling on. the last words i said to her were "goodbye please". never contacted me after that. that was something my dad and stepmom said to the family pets when they were annoying them. haha

They hide it so well. My wife's ex (probably) has BPD. He screwed her up every which way, healing is going to take a long time.

i sent her a "congratulations on your graduation text today" She responded with "thank you!". I guess time for no contact again.. this sucks

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ maybe you should stop wasting your time on that?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

im not a negative person and I try to remain positive.. I am also not a jerk.. I am genually happy for her.. so in my opinion it wasnt a "Waste of time." I was just hoping for a different response thats all.

its been 21 days for me

I feel like I haven't been on this site forever and I'm honestly surprised Dark that you are STILL on about your ex. I don't mean this in a mean way but it's really sad. I wish you could just cut the cord and move on. Unless this is a different ex than the one you've been talking about for...god how long has it been? I want to say a year, that's what it feels like. Maybe you should find a hobby or something besides her and this site because I think this site is actually making it harder for you to not think about her since it's all about relationships here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    I feel like I haven't been on this site forever and I'm honestly surprised Dark that you are STILL on about your ex. I don't mean this in a mean way but it's really sad. I wish you could just cut the cord and move on. Unless this is a different ex than the one you've been talking about for...god how long has it been? I want to say a year, that's what it feels like. Maybe you should find a hobby or something besides her and this site because I think this site is actually making it harder for you to not think about her since it's all about relationships here.
    It's a 5 months old thread!!!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    It's a 5 months old thread!!!
    Ha!! I didn't see that, I just saw the last post said today My bad Dark! <3 hope you are doing better lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast