+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a quick question? I dont want to be unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSun View Post
    One more thing, the only thing i cant believe, is him being manipulative. Does he really sound like that what he is doing?
    I just never deemed him to be that smart, like, to be manipulative wouldnt you have to be some what smart and cunning? It seems like this guy only functions off of pure emotion, usually anger or fear. But i just cannot see him to actually think about something and think of the outcome of that, if that makes any sense?
    I dont want to call him dumb, but that is kind of what im getting at. lol
    Tell me you've never heard any of these phrases:

"You'll never find anybody that loves you like I do."

"You're going to leave me. Everybody leaves me."

"You're so ____. I'm the only one that'll ever want you."

Or any variations on that theme.
    G'wan, I dare ya to tell me he's never uttered any of these phrases. All manipulation designed to keep you down and dependent on him.

Its good that you have left this guy. I had forgotten about breaking up via text or phone call, as I always discourage that type of breakup. It definitely worked here though. Good luck to you.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Thanks everyone, i am glad i left him, maybe feeling the strain of missing him now though, dont feel as good about it as i did before.. Im trying to stay positive and sometimes i keep wondering if i did the right thing or not. I know i should feel this way but i cant help it.. I dont know, i cant explain what i feel exactly now, its confusing for myself..

HeartIsAching, he has said things like that to me. Saying i wont find anyone else that loves me like he does, that all il ever be to anyone else is a f*ck. Stuff like that.. He wouldnt ever admit anyone has ever left me, he says 'You will be sorry once you leave, lots of girls would love to be with'. More things like that, things like that actually work on me i think..

I dont know. feeling a little shitty right now about it.

Ignore what your boy/girlfriend says. Instead, watch what they do and how they treat you. Their actions will show the truth over the long term.
    The best indicator of a good wo/man, is how they treat their enemies, or how they act under stress. Can they keep it together when they are under stress, and not take their stress out on the person they love? That's a good sign.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123