+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BF deleted me off Facebook

Neither of us share our relationship stauses on fb... when he was with his ex it wasn't displayed, when he was single it wasn'tdisplayed, and now he isn't displaying it with me... i never update my relationship staus on fb either... we have plenty of pics of us up together making it obvious we're still a couple... we haven't broken up/we aren't taking a break... we're still very much together... just we aren't fb friends. and that's what is annoying me, i don't wanna wait a whole month for this hacker crap to blow over :'(

Sounds like a big joke that you just don't get.
    I'm gay for pay.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    letting all your friends know that someone isn't important enough to keep on your friends list is just wrong.
    Its 'wrong'??

LOL, your post implies a FB friend's list is important. Wow, congratulations. You've been successfully brainwashed by FaceBook.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its 'wrong'??

LOL, your post implies a FB friend's list is important. Wow, congratulations. You've been successfully brainwashed by FaceBook.
    Sorry, Indi. I agree with you that Facebook is a total waste of time and it shouldn't affect anyone's life, but this isn't about Facebook.

This is about the idea she has in her head that her older boyfriend might be cheating on her, which is a serious concern.

People connect online. It happens, and this could be affecting her real life.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hardly. I've only recently gotten a fb, and the only importance I hold to it is easier contact with a few good friends.
    The only friends I have on my fb are real friends. No need for a list of 500 people. So yes, my friend list does matter in that way, as they are all true friends.

But, if I got a girlfriend, who would likely add me to fb, and at a later date she removes my friendship, it would be very suspicious behavior to me. Regardless of how unimportant I consider fb to be.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by kinks View Post
    Neither of us share our relationship stauses on fb... when he was with his ex it wasn't displayed, when he was single it wasn'tdisplayed, and now he isn't displaying it with me... i never update my relationship staus on fb either... we have plenty of pics of us up together making it obvious we're still a couple... we haven't broken up/we aren't taking a break... we're still very much together... just we aren't fb friends. and that's what is annoying me, i don't wanna wait a whole month for this hacker crap to blow over :'(
    How can you take seriously someone who makes these silly teary faces?? I can't even find the key combination to duplicate it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i don't wanna wait a whole month for this hacker crap to blow over :'(
    Are you saying that he's told you just to be deleted off his friends list for one month? If that's the case then tell him to put you back on as a friend and then both of you make your profiles inactive until this "hacker stuff blows over." Again it's a double standard which points to him hiding something or someone. If he has NOTHING to hide then he should agree with it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Users Country Flag
    Sorry indi, but how old are you? Are you so entirely disconnected from the Internet?
    Nothing wrong at all with using smiley faces. Smilies can converse what would be a lot harder with words. They simply add to the written language.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hardly. I've only recently gotten a fb, and the only importance I hold to it is easier contact with a few good friends.
    Really? I think you're more brainwashed than you are prepared to admit. Explain then, how its 'just wrong' to take someone off a Facebook friends list. Its a stupid free social networking site of no inherent value to the average user.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry indi, but how old are you? Are you so entirely disconnected from the Internet?
    Nothing wrong at all with using smiley faces. Smilies can converse what would be a lot harder with words. They simply add to the written language.
    Old enough to be most posters mom, probably including you. I'm not disconnected from the internet at all. In fact, I was where it actually all started for a number of years.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Anyone who actually read this whole thread knows that it's subject is about it looking like this guy is lying to her. Facecrap and it's 'value' isn't even on topic.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its completely on topic. OP doesn't know how to actually communicate *in person* to her BF and find out what's going on. Instead, she is wasting her time worrying about things like defriending and FB status. Waiting for some putative hacker to do whatever. Stupid.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    Really? I think you're more brainwashed than you are prepared to admit. Explain then, how its 'just wrong' to take someone off a Facebook friends list. Its a stupid free social networking site of no inherent value to the average user.
    Lol, you clearly know me well. It's obvious that you haven't a clue...
    It's contact with a group of friends, some real life, some internet found. How does contact with your friends not matter? Is that so beyond your grasp? For me it's the best way to keep regular contact with some of my best friends. Without fb I'd find some other way, so that's where the "importance" ends.
    And because it's this lovely group of friends it can matter a lot to basically have all your friends know that "my partner doesn't like me enough to keep me as a friend on fb".
    If it doesn't matter to you, good. But don't be so extremely dim that you can't even see the importance of it to some other people.
    I don't care whether you've been on the Internet since it started, it's clearly just a toy to you and nothing more, while it is the most important thing to other people. And then there are many people who are in between that.

I would figure a "love guru" to at least be able to comprehend that not everyone is the same and that it is entirely moronic to bash other people for what they might feel is important or not.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Anyone who actually read this whole thread knows that it's subject is about it looking like this guy is lying to her. Facecrap and it's 'value' isn't even on topic.
    The topic of Facebook is that it's the tool of what seems to be a real life problem.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ric, somethings actually aren't important. Facebook is one of them. Sites like this one are another.

I don't need to have a clue about someone like you. Its pretty clear you don't get it.

because it's this lovely group of friends it can matter a lot to basically have all your friends know that "my partner doesn't like me enough to keep me as a friend on fb".
    And this is exactly how FB has managed to manipulate an entire generation of people like you AND the OP. You gave up your privacy, even to your select group, such that you no longer have complete freedom over your actions. I had a FB account once; I used it as a photo dump when we were living abroad. Then I deleted everything and cancelled the account. So now, my friends know my appearance on FB is hit or miss and they know not to attribute anything I do with my current account with any seriousness. That said, the few people I interact w/on FB couldn't care less if the service disappeared tomorrow either.

Be careful who you give yourself to, kids. Online or IRL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast