+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever have that moment...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He is coming over this afternoon. I had to say to him "if you dont come over I will never forget this" so he is now coming over. I haven't left the hospital in 3 days, have had no contact with anyone other than doctors and nurses (who have been fantastic) because I dont have any family and my friends are 200 miles away (i have recently moved).
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    He is coming over this afternoon. I had to say to him "if you dont come over I will never forget this" so he is now coming over. I haven't left the hospital in 3 days, have had no contact with anyone other than doctors and nurses (who have been fantastic) because I dont have any family and my friends are 200 miles away (i have recently moved).
    I feel for you for not having friends and family close (in a similar situation myself). I hope you are able to keep in touch with them during this difficult time.

Good luck on the talk with your bf.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Qwerty - you must be so exhausted... Do you live close enough to the hospital that you can run home and shower, and maybe catch a nap?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    try not to let the cries of "he should know better (or similar) get you even more stressed or depressed.
    I hope HE feels bad when he reads them. (I believe he posts here once in a while.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I understand HER frustration and disappointment but I see no reason to fuel the fire of her discontent. If she wants to break up with him over this then I think it should be because SHE feels it's warranted and not because the Town's Pitchfork brigade have egged her on.

When we were younger my husband used to hate when I discussed one of our problems with my girlfriends because they would sympathise and call him crappy names (that I didn't stick up for him on) and I'd be twice as wierded out over something than I would have been if we had just sat down and discussed it between ourselves first.

Qwertz: You're stressed out and tired and he's been insenstive but he's also been working back to back twelve hour shifts and I know that when my hubby does that I have learned not to expect much from him until he's rested up enough to think. I sometimes have to tell him what, when, and how to do most things during the last days of the shift week. Keep that in mind when you see him. I think it would be an absolute shame for you guys to let this drive a wedge between the two of you if your relationship has otherwise, up until this point, been a loving and supportive one.

I had to say to him "if you dont come over I will never forget this" so he is now coming over.
    Ask and ye shall receive. I know we feel we shouldn't have to tell them what we want but we just do sometimes, that's all there is to it.

My best wishes to all three of you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    If she wants to break up with him over this then I think it should be because SHE feels it's warranted and not because the Town's Pitchfork brigade have egged her on.
    ????

In case this was directed this at me, I feel compelled to point out that never once did I mention anything about them breaking up. I know she has too much going on right now to make that sort of decision.

No, not directed at you in general, Vashti just any negative comments in general and I didn't mean to sugest that anyone had said she should break up with him. Just that If she were contemplating it that she breathe first and don't let any reinforcement of her own negative feelings influence her. Think: "The Emperors New Clothes" and how the implanting of a thought can seed a snowball reaction.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-08-11 at 06:11 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ????

In case this was directed this at me, I feel compelled to point out that never once did I mention anything about them breaking up. I know she has too much going on right now to make that sort of decision.
    I definitely saw you brandishing a pitchfork.

To be honest, I think everyone so far has had a valid point to make.

Just because there are those who understand where she is coming from, it shouldn't be translated as them trying to convince her of doing anything drastic.

Nobody is trying to convince anyone to do, say or think anything here.

As always, it's good to have things from all perspectives.

Anyhow, I think Qwertz is more than capable of deciding how she feels about the whole matter regardless.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    I definitely saw you brandishing a pitchfork.
    Bullshit. If I were brandishing a pitchfork, you'd be on the end of it, because you clearly don't know what you are talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Bullshit. If I were brandishing a pitchfork, you'd be on the end of it, because you clearly don't know what you are talking about..
    It was a joke.

You probably would have gathered that if you'd read the rest what I wrote, but nevermind.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    It was a joke.

You probably would have gathered that if you'd read the rest what I wrote, but nevermind.
    Touche!

i don't mind your pitchfork vashhhh. i think it's hot.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I know I shouldn't be walking around giving people relationship advise when I couldn't make my own work.... But I think such behavior is unacceptable... if I were in your shoes Qwertz. I'll be concerned about the future. If I was a mom I'll definitely be having the "what if?" monologue.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

if qwerty can find a guy that doesn't ever do stupid shit i will pay to have him cloned.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Woopsi...... I forgot
    I hope your son get well soon.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast