+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a jerk - he has herpes

Best thread ever. lol

Kinda like getting sand from the 8th hole trap in one's knickers and never being able to wash it out... lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by John Littlejohn View Post
    Wikipedia would be the place to start for you, I assume.
    Wiki is for people like you who contribute.. It's not a very good site if one is serious in doing actual research.. as you know.

Genital herpes IS herpes simplex, genius.
    I don't care wtf it is.. I don't want it on my genitals or in my throat and no matter how you try to trivialize it... It's not something very many people are willing to just brush off.. as much as you'd like them to, it aint going to happen any time soon.

P.S. lol at Goodwins Law.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-09-11 at 09:47 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yeah, im from the UK and it was a big deal there too. Never if i knew someone had genital herpes would i ever sleep with them. I just dont want warts all over my vagina.. No thanks.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Unfortunately Genital Warts is yet another completely different sexually transmitted desease one has to worry about catching these days... but I get your point and wholly agree with it.

I read that a woman in Australia was awarded 7 Million in a civil suit when she sued a guy for not disclosing that he had it and she contracted it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    BUT HSV1 and HSV2 are different viruses right? So if his shows symptoms and she gets it, hers will also show symptoms. Getting symptoms is worse because she might have it on her face.
    Yes they are different. And if you have one, you are more resistant to the other

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with littlejohn that too much hysteria surrounds herpes, and that most (NOT all) people are already infected (with HSV1), but since I see some of the WORST cases, I have to say that nothing looks as gross (or painful) as a herpetic infection in the eye.

If you opt to stay with this guy (and I am not saying you shouldn't), I think you should hold off on having sex with him for quite a long while (to be sure he is worth taking the risk over), and then practice safe sex... this after you have already had yourself tested. The statistic *I've* heard is that 80% of people are infected, so odds are, you already have it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If you opt to stay with this guy (and I am not saying you shouldn't), I think you should hold off on having sex with him for quite a long while (to be sure he is worth taking the risk over), and then practice safe sex... this after you have already had yourself tested. The statistic *I've* heard is that 80% of people are infected, so odds are, you already have it.
    That is sound advice.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I have never read that we all have genital herpes that are in-active (most of us are inactive herpes simplex carriers) ... they are called "blisters" and "sores" for a reason.

I suggest you do your own research through google and through speaking directly with your family doctor
    John, you are an idiot. Women who get an HSV-2 outbreak are more likely to need a C-section when they give birth, to avoid infecting the infant. Its not the same as getting cold sores. How about full disclosure, Dr. LIttlejohn?

-- Dr. Indi
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    The fact of the matter is that you don't want herpes.
    I don't want to catch cold either, but I still do kiss my bf and get sick after . Why? Cause cold is not a big deal to me ...
    Herpes is not a funny business, nothing that itches down there is a funny business , but sometimes it's enough to go to a swimming pool to catch some shit (like I did ) and it's not your fault. It's not like the outbreak is there 24/7/365 , I really don't see a big deal in it .
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I don't want to catch cold either, but I still do kiss my bf and get sick after . Why? Cause cold is not a big deal to me ...
    Herpes is not a funny business, nothing that itches down there is a funny business , but sometimes it's enough to go to a swimming pool to catch some shit (like I did ) and it's not your fault. It's not like the outbreak is there 24/7/365 , I really don't see a big deal in it .
    Did you catch an STD at a swimming pool? US swimming pools have WAY high levels of chlorine in them, I doubt any single-celled organism would survive more than a few minutes there, much less get passed on to another person and cause symptoms.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I talked to him about it and my need to wait and do research. He's very understanding and willing to wait for now. There are also my other commitment issues at work but that's another story.

For now I'll enjoy being boyfriend and herpes free.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Did you catch an STD at a swimming pool? US swimming pools have WAY high levels of chlorine in them, I doubt any single-celled organism would survive more than a few minutes there, much less get passed on to another person and cause symptoms.
    No, I got UTI with staphylococcus aureus . I think it's worse than herpes . Sometimes and it starts to happen pretty often again, when I have those moments that I want to spend 2 hrs on a toilet just peeing , I feel like cutting off my bladder right away and everything connected to it. I hate it so much and I think I used already all the ways of curing it and nothing is working so I'm pretty hopeless right now ... Currently it's been a month when there is not a one day free of this .
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    For some reason, I'd rather get the sniffles than the herp. Maybe that's because I'm American, I dunno.

How do you know you got herpes from swimming in a pool?
    Are you an idiot or you can't read ? Who said I have herpes ... You teach at school I guess?
    I wazzzz here

you gotta stay healthy no matter what.....what if you guys break up in a couple of months...than what?....do you think most guys would accept you....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast