+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creepy Trend...

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Lipp you are right. There is absolutely nothing sexual about cosplay and I think dad's the world over would be pleased to have their daughters dress like this (and make the top 20):

[url]http://www.heavy.com/action/girls/2010/04/the-20-hottest-cosplay-girls/[/url]
    Indi you are right. There is absolutely nothing biased about citing an article specifically about the 'Top 20 Hottest Cosplay Girls' as a fair standard of measure, they all dress exactly like that if not worse, and already disconnecting japanese cosplay from the issue should make it more relevant than ever.

=P

As for the panties, be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by Lipp; 02-04-12 at 08:19 PM.

Lipp you are right. There is absolutely nothing sexual about cosplay and I think dad's the world over would be pleased to have their daughters dress like this (and make the top 20):

[url]http://www.heavy.com/action/girls/2010/04/the-20-hottest-cosplay-girls/[/url]
    Straw man fallacy...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sigh. Just to make the point. This:
    The Japanese are a great example for things sexually perverted.
    Plus this:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_in_Japan[/url]
    Does NOT = below. The entire basis for this 'argument' is based on Lipp's choice to misinterpret my opinion and turn it into a statement I didn't actually make. In fact he agreed with me before twisting things to something I never actually said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Im not disputing that, but to say "This is japanese - The japanese have sexual fetishes - Therefore it has to be a sexual fetish of some sort!" is dumb.
    Just to be clear. (i.e. I never actually posted what Lipp claims I did)

Now, regarding this 'cosplay', I just did a google image search for the term. No bias for 'sex' in the search. Here is the selection of photos I saw:

[url]http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1125&bih=640&q =cosplay&gbv=2&oq=cosplay&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=i mg.3..0l10.1327l2488l0l2702l7l7l0l2l2l0l90l186l4l4 l0.frgbld[/url].

If my daughter dressed like this, I would find it disturbing. Anyone else *with kids* think this is just 'cute'?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

But yes, those older girls are repeating a Japanese trend. And the Japanese are a great example for things sexually perverted.
    "This is japanese - The japanese have sexual fetishes - Therefore it has to be a sexual fetish of some sort!"
    So what did you mean then? Because I don't see how to interpret that any other way, and just saying 'I meant something else' doesn't really help.

[URL="http://tinyurl.com/6oenb5n"]Google 'cosplay kids'[/URL] and tell me it's sexual rather than cute.

Just for the record, I consider you the coolest cat on this forum Indi, and I don't like cosplayers, but that's because I consider it to be a form of escapism.

Cosplay (Costume play) is when you dress up as a character (any character, whether it's a cartoon, novel, whatever), sexual or not. For example, when a bunch of nerds get together and play Dungeons and Dragons, they might do some cosplay. Hell yes, bring on that sex appeal with the dwarven beard and +9 to dexterity scabbard of chastity!

We're talking about the internet, here. Why wouldn't sexy Japanese girls be the first thing to pop up any time you do a Google search?

Indi, with your intelligence, you should be able to see how your generalization doesn't really apply.
    Last edited by thiudiskr; 03-04-12 at 09:32 AM.

This is like saying that because some older people like to use doctor/nurse costumes during sex, allowing your children to dress up while playing doctor is sexually perverted.

lawl

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by thiudiskr View Post
    Cosplay (Costume play) is when you dress up as a character (any character, whether it's a cartoon, novel, whatever), sexual or not. For example, when a bunch of nerds get together and play Dungeons and Dragons, they might do some cosplay.
    Okay, I get this (the DD, Star Wars, etc thing). But I didn't specify my google search except for the word 'cosplay' and those images, which noone denies most of which are quite sexual, is what came up. I'm sure if I had specified 'cosplay, cute' I would have gotten images more like those that Lipp posted. And no, I don't think its cute when parents let their 5 year old dress up like Brittany Spears or a Spice Girl either.

btw, KZ, if I google 'doctor' or 'nurse' I don't get sex images as a default.

Wasn't this thread about those images that Cam posted? Are you all saying that you think its okay for your daughter to dress like that? Really?

And yes, the babydoll fetish is well established in Japan. Girls in school uniforms, groping in subways, plus the other delights I posted in that link. I don't care what you call it, those 'cosplay' pics from this thread or those I posted are sexual and young girls who dress like that are being provocative, often without realizing it. Their parents should tell them to cover up.

EDIT - okay I'm told (by those who know better than I) that the term I'm thinking of is 'lolicon', which when you take a look at the images really isn't that different from what I saw in Cam's post or those cosplay pics. So, cosplay =/= sex fetish, I stand corrected, but sure as hell a subset of it looks like it is.
    [url]http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1125&bih=640&g bv=2&oq=lolicon+&aq=f&aqi=&gs_l=img.12...1065l1065 l0l1881l1l1l0l0l0l0l43l43l1l1l0.frgbld.&q=lolicon& orq=lolicon+[/url]
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 03-04-12 at 11:09 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Funny, this is the first thing that came up for me when I searched for "nurse":

OHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, I sometimes wonder if Google gives different results depending on a comps IP history. I don't see that image until Page 2. Are they giving 'smart' search results yet?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

LOL, I sometimes wonder if Google gives different results depending on a comps IP history. I don't see that image until Page 2. Are they giving 'smart' search results yet?
    Yes, they've been doing this for a long time and it's caused a lot of privacy concerns. It monitors all of your previous searches and filters your results based on your preferences. It also tailors your advertisements for you, too.

Incidentally, I jerk off all day and all night—occasionally browsing LF (simultaneously)—so I get Japanese tits when I search for "nurse".

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for that overshare. Re: google, I'll have to try this on our various comps and see if they give different results. Never occurred to me to check until now.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123