+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overthinking?

He does know when I'm back. I didn't even get a have a safe trip message... I will leave it now

Quote Originally Posted by annabel View Post
    He does know when I'm back. I didn't even get a have a safe trip message... I will leave it now
    Sorry...but don't beat yourself up about it...if he can't see how great you are then that's his problem not yours. Do not take any form of rejection personally...he just isn't looking for the same type of relationship you are and that's ok. Dating is hard for everyone! Just learn from this experience. I bet though if you totally back off and he sees you out having a good time w/friend etc...he will eventually try and contact you again. At least you are free to go out and meet other guys! There are lots of fish in the sea!

That is softening the blow really, I have turned down a couple of nice guys recently due to being somewhat exclusive with this guy. But going forward if someone asks me out, I'll go!
    Off to enjoy my mini vacation and not let this spoil it!

Thanks so much

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Yes, I did articulate it wrong...and in my mind my pussy is the key to my heart lol. Oh, I could pick you out I am sure of it..but whatever.
    I couldn't do it on sight. Have to listen for a bit.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Now you're getting somewhere. Your heart is the prize to be won, not your pussy.
    Heart, trust, candor, loyalty. God, ones penis/pussy is such a small fraction of the time we spend together as a couple but so many put so much emphasis on it. Its important, but not the endgame, IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    sex/seduction/a vagina is a powerful tool for women...it's one thing we have over men...they want it and we have it. Holding out is just a way to figure out what a guys true intentions are that is all...not to get free dinners etc...which is what some women use this power for and that is lame.
    Maple, if that's your way of thinking, it's time to move out of high school and in to the world of being a woman. The type of man that a pussy holds power over and can be used as a tool, is the type of man that an attractive, intelligent, accomplished woman would have no interest in physically or otherwise.

A 'man' who is attractive and successful in life has absolutely zero shortage of pussy available, there's actually quite an abundance. The thing is, a man, a woman, know that having great sex together is a given. It's the last thing I would worry about when I meet someone that I find attractive and am getting to know. When we hit the bedroom, amazing sex will be a given (it's not that hard to teach or accomplish when you're really into each other).

People that have something to offer the other are looking for things like Indi stated, personal values. I want to see how someone conducts themselves, how they interact with others, their personality, ethics and morals. Those are the things that keep it moving forward, not pussy or cock.

I'm sure you could find a few women I've dated in the past, that perhaps we gave in to some great physical chemistry, had sex, and then I didn't pursue the relationship any further. They would probably tell you that they gave up their 'pussy power' as you call it, too soon. I will tell you that ya the sex was great, but there were things about their personality or behavior that turned me off of the relationship, not the fact that I made a conquest of their pussy and moved on.

Don't paint yourself into a corner with that juvenile mindset.
    Last edited by haxan; 28-09-12 at 10:19 PM.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    ones penis/pussy
    Hmm, I'm trying to imagine how those would sound together in certain settings. Maybe a bit better than cock/vagina?

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Maple, if that's your way of thinking, it's time to move out of high school and in to the world of being a woman. The type of man that a pussy holds power over and can be used as a tool, is the type of man that an attractive, intelligent, accomplished woman would have no interest in physically or otherwise.

A 'man' who is attractive and successful in life has absolutely zero shortage of pussy available, there's actually quite an abundance. The thing is, a man, a woman, know that having great sex together is a given. It's the last thing I would worry about when I meet someone that I find attractive and am getting to know. When we hit the bedroom, amazing sex will be a given (it's not that hard to teach or accomplish when you're really into each other).

People that have something to offer the other are looking for things like Indi stated, personal values. I want to see how someone conducts themselves, how they interact with others, their personality, ethics and morals. Those are the things that keep it moving forward, not pussy or cock.

I'm sure you could find a few women I've dated in the past, that perhaps we gave in to some great physical chemistry, had sex, and then I didn't pursue the relationship any further. They would probably tell you that they gave up their 'pussy power' as you call it, too soon. I will tell you that ya the sex was great, but there were things about their personality or behavior that turned me off of the relationship, not the fact that I made a conquest of their pussy and moved on.

Don't paint yourself into a corner with that juvenile mindset.
    I know and I agree...I guess this post just brought me back to a time when I was always in that state of mind. I know that sex holds no real power...esp when it comes to relationships with men bc for them most of the time it's just a physical act. And hey It wasn't too long ago that I was in high school! Lol.

BUT the OP got attached to this guy and I think a big part of it was bc she (like many women) associate sex with emotional attachment, not all women just some. I associated a lot of emotions with sex...just how I am. So, in this situation she should have held out until she knew what he wanted...just bc sex complicates things....come on you know it does!? For some reason men tend to not acknowledge the significance of sex...that is one huge difference btw. Men and women...I think it has to do with our chemical makeup....I'm full of estrogen!

I will also say that any "power" I may think sex/a vagina holds over a man....it's all gone once you actually have the sex. It's the emotional attachement and bond you have with someone that holds....always. I know this c'mon.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 28-09-12 at 10:37 PM.

I know you're that tweener age. There's no power in the chase either, btw. If we're not in the bedroom, we're not in the bedroom, there can be a bunch of other things that make me lose someone's number without having had them yet. I'd much rather be out on another date with someone who has more to offer, than waste another date for 'the chase'. Not a chance.

I know you know this But you know, just a reminder....from a guy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Hmm, I'm trying to imagine how those would sound together in certain settings. Maybe a bit better than cock/vagina?
    I chose that combination for its alliterative effect. Glad you appreciate it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well I am back from mini vacation!

I had a BRILLIANT time!
    I met a man! Yes, nothing can come from it (distance is a factor) realistically BUT it did allow me to see there are guys out there who are better for me and would make more effort.

Funnily enough, whilst I was away he did text just to say 'thinking of you' but I just didn't care! I didn't even reply I didn't want to ruin my time away.

Thanks again everyone, just wanted to update you all
    (I wish this guy I met lived closer..! He was a dream

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by annabel View Post
    Funnily enough, whilst I was away he did text just to say 'thinking of you' but I just didn't care! I didn't even reply.
    LOL, when he sends a text like that what he means is 'thinking of me' (so he can get an ego stroke from you). If he texts you again, send him the message you sent us:

"Thanks! I had an awesome weekend."
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123