+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is true love

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    Morons? If it does exist, simply... prove it.
    There is only one way to prove it...that is to live it. And its a shame that you've never felt it. If you did, you'd be a moron too. Or is it that you are too scared to feel it?

Whether or not true love exists depends on your definition of it. It sounds like most here have contradicting definitions - or decide it does/does not exist and then try to define it rather than the reverse.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    Whether or not true love exists depends on your definition of it. It sounds like most here have contradicting definitions - or decide it does/does not exist and then try to define it rather than the reverse.

__________________________________________________ ____
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

That is love but there's more

Quote Originally Posted by raven
    I would probably say from a woman's point of view, when he can so all the nasty human things people do, in front of you and you don't mind, when he isn't home in time and you get worried, when you think that you can live without him, then realize you don't want to. When you step back and see the stupid goofy things, and think they are the greatest. When you want to be with him all the time, even if he is on the toilet. When you accept the ugliest things about him, and sometimes even like them. When you want the best for them, and feel pity for them like when they have a bad day.

Most of all, when he or she gives you holds you and gives you all of their attention, you forget everything else in the world. Like it is only the 2 of you in the whole world. After years of being together.

Love is:
    - A deep desire to know the person you're with and to make them happy.
    - Wanting to be there for there for everything.
    - A friendship that can overcome all obstacles.
    - Craving your partners trust and respect and being willing to earn it no matter what.
    - Allowing yourself to be completely vulnerable.
    - Wanting to share all your experiences, the good, the bad, and the ugly, with that person.
    - A desire to nurture the love you share and make it grow.
    - Not superficial. You curl up with that person when they're sick and risk getting sick because they need comfort and attention. You're able to love that person when they gain ten pounds or their face breaks out like crazy. A willingness to be with that person in public despite their physical flaws. Not caring about how much that person spends on you. I could go on.
    - When you are able to accept your partner and their personality flaws.
    - When you're able to pick your battles and shrug off the trivial stuff.
    - When you're want to make compromises for that person in order to make things work.
    - When you have faith in their abilities.
    - When you want to listen and understand. When you're able to listen without defending yourself and acknowledge the mistakes you've made. When you realize that owning your actions will gain that persons love and respect.
    - When you want to know their secrets and dreams.
    - When you want them to be able to confide in you. When you are able to not pass judgment based on their past.
    - When you don't make that person pay for the mistakes and pain others have caused you.
    - A desire to celebrate your partner's successes with them.
    - A want to be there for your partner when they need to escape from the world.
    - Wanting to know what that person loves to do and a desire to share common interests.
    - A desire to be worthy of your partner's love, care, compassion and respect.

Falling in love is easy. It's keeping it and helping it to grow that matters. Two people can never make a relationship work if they allow their love to become stagnant and don't realize the need for growth. When love becomes stagnant between two people they start to take one another for granted. Love thus diminishes. We all want love - when you find it hold on to it and nurture it like a garden. The more you put into it the more you'll get out of it - the fruits you get from it will be so much sweeter. It's cyclical.

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutLover21
    Love is:

The long ass list goes here.

Falling in love is easy. It's keeping it and helping it to grow that matters. Two people can never make a relationship work if they allow their love to become stagnant and don't realize the need for growth. When love becomes stagnant between two people they start to take one another for granted. Love thus diminishes. We all want love - when you find it hold on to it and nurture it like a garden. The more you put into it the more you'll get out of it - the fruits you get from it will be so much sweeter. It's cyclical.
    I was going through that list and was like "check" "check" "check" "check" then I come onto "When you are able to not pass judgment based on their past." and I am like "Fawk". Past = person. Keep in mind that this might be a good list called "love" for you but my list is different and I am sure that everyones elses list may differ as well.

virgin, shut up already.

that was a good list. i'd like to add some...

knowing that person will be there when bad things happen in our life.
    help another person through their bad stuff.
    not putting conditions on the regard for each other.

that is an great list!

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I was going through that list and was like "check" "check" "check" "check" then I come onto "When you are able to not pass judgment based on their past." and I am like "Fawk". Past = person. Keep in mind that this might be a good list called "love" for you but my list is different and I am sure that everyones elses list may differ as well.
    I think that was a good list, I agree with misombra's additions too.

What do you mean when you say past equals person? Yes it is your past which has made you but you shouldnt judge people on their past. As long as they have learnt from their mistakes and dont repeat them, that's what matters.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I think that was a good list, I agree with misombra's additions too.

What do you mean when you say past equals person? Yes it is your past which has made you but you shouldnt judge people on their past. As long as they have learnt from their mistakes and dont repeat them, that's what matters.
    I like the list accept I would just edit and change some things. Alot of the things are good though. Think about what you just said though..you said not to judge someone by their past but..the past is who they are...so ...uhhh...yea...think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    virgin, shut up already.
    No, You shut up. I only posted a couple times on this thread.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 28-04-05 at 09:56 AM.

yes but both posts involved senseless bitching.

yes but both posts involved senseless bitching.
    Why do you say such mean things misombra? ...You know I love you? ...right?

indigosoul Guest
    Why do you say such mean things misombra? ...You know I love you? ...right?

HaHaHaHaHaHa!!

OK children, now quit it before we lock you away in a bedroom together & throw away the key!! OV, if you're very lucky, I bet MissOmbra would have you forgetting all those "virgin" notions in a jiffy.

It IS a good list!! Pity it doesn't work for the shopping phase...

i say them because i care. and because i'm a cold, mean b.itch.

I like the list accept I would just edit and change some things. Alot of the things are good though. Think about what you just said though..you said not to judge someone by their past but..the past is who they are...so ...uhhh...yea...think about that.
    But what gives you the right to judge somebody on their past? Everyone does things differently and everyone makes mistakes, but none of that matters as long as you learn from them and it's that that makes you who you are today.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

But what gives you the right to judge somebody on their past? Everyone does things differently and everyone makes mistakes, but none of that matters as long as you learn from them and it's that that makes you who you are today.
    Have you ever heard the saying "a leopard never changes its spots"? or "If you have made mistakes then you are doomed to repeat them"?. Well, anyways..I think your are right in some sense because I have no right to judge someone on anything but when people say "I want to learn about you and get to know you"..what do you think they are saying? they are pretty much saying that they want to get to know your past.

i say them because i care. and because i'm a cold, mean b.itch.
    I don't think you are a cold and mean b.itch. You just act like it to hide the soft, beautifull, and fluffy caring passionate side of you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast