+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Online dating stalker ... I'm scared, what do I do?!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNessMonster View Post
    Well now the situation is escalating ... he texted me AGAIN saying "Jazon Mraz, I'm yours!!!" and I finally got the balls to up front tell him "Please don't contact me in ANY WAY." and he sends back "" and I said "If you continue to try to contact me I will involve the police. If you contact me again in any way that is harassment." and so he sends me back "Oh youre a heartless bitch blah blah" ... So I'm waiting to see if he does so once more and if he does, I'm going to contact the authorities. People who are willing to still trying to contact another person even after they have mentioned the police are just trouble and don't know how to step back. I can't be messing with my safety at this point.
    My Gosh! Youre a fuccking Idiot. Ignore him! .Did you not hear the advice you were given? Do you honestly think the police have the time to investigate this stupid scenario? Unless he physically shows up just ignore him. Jesus Christ almighty!!
    Last edited by surfhb; 20-11-12 at 10:28 AM.

He was bit emotional, but it doesn't make him a psycho that's going to be crawling into your bedroom window at night. The ones that make the most noise are the ones that are to afraid to to do anything about it because they live their life mostly in their mind. You have nothing to worry about......I think you watch too much CSI or Law and Order.

The trick is to never respond. I speak from experience BTW.

You obviously have some anger issues if you find the need to express yourself by name calling on the internet to a stranger you know very little about. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    My Gosh! Youre a fuccking Idiot. Ignore him! .Did you not hear the advice you were given? Do you honestly think the police have the time to investigate this stupid scenario? Unless he physically shows up just ignore him. Jesus Christ almighty!!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He was bit emotional, but it doesn't make him a psycho that's going to be crawling into your bedroom window at night. The ones that make the most noise are the ones that are to afraid to to do anything about it because they live their life mostly in their mind. You have nothing to worry about......I think you watch too much CSI or Law and Order.

The trick is to never respond. I speak from experience BTW.
    Things needed to be very clear to him and now they are. I talked to my sister who has dealt with these scenarios also and she advised that I do so. I don't regret it. I certainly won't be responding to anything else he has said.

You think you are clear, but they don't listen...they look it as getting attention. I did all that threat with the restraining order....I still get an email from him every now and then. I bet he's looking at this post right now.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well now the situation is escalating ... he texted me AGAIN saying "Jazon Mraz, I'm yours!!!" and I finally got the balls to up front tell him "Please don't contact me in ANY WAY." and he sends back "" and I said "If you continue to try to contact me I will involve the police. If you contact me again in any way that is harassment." and so he sends me back "Oh youre a heartless bitch blah blah" ... So I'm waiting to see if he does so once more and if he does, I'm going to contact the authorities. People who are willing to still trying to contact another person even after they have mentioned the police are just trouble and don't know how to step back. I can't be messing with my safety at this point.
    Stop. Contacting. Him. Is it our online accent or what that makes this hard to understand?

If he is a stalker, every time you respond to him just feeds his monster. Even if you are rejecting him, its still attention. You've told him clearly you don't want him contacting you. Now you have to learn to ignore him until he goes away. He will, but not if he can see he's getting to you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Stop. Contacting. Him. Is it our online accent or what that makes this hard to understand?

If he is a stalker, every time you respond to him just feeds his monster. Even if you are rejecting him, its still attention. You've told him clearly you don't want him contacting you. Now you have to learn to ignore him until he goes away. He will, but not if he can see he's getting to you.
    She doesn't get the point of the message. That is the problem here, she thinks responding was a positive action even though everyone here said not to, this is one of those threads where it doesn't matter the advice, she'll do what she feels right and post it here so people can soak up her drama.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

You obviously have some anger issues if you find the need to express yourself by name calling on the internet to a stranger you know very little about. Grow up.
    Surf doesn't have anger issues. He has issues with idiots who ask for advice then do really stupid stuff anyway.

So I don't really know where else to post this and I'm really in need of advice.

So I met this guy online on POF, and at first we really hit it off. He seemed very nice and friendly and down to earth. We chatted for about a week, and over time a few small details about my life slipped out naturally (like what city I live in, the school I go to, etc). Well, we had planned to get together this tuesday and meet, but he wouldn't give me a true answer about when he was free. He had previously deleted his POF account so we started chatting on gmail chat and also through texting. My gmail has my full name on it due to needing that for a class assignment and I just kept the email (I've never been in a situation where it was dangerous for someone to have my full name). Shortly thereafter, he started to act very clingy, so I decided to call it off.

He exploded angrily "LOSE MY NUMBER, THANKS FOR NOTHING!", then continued to say "I didn't want to be your tuesday night, I wanted to be your forever and ever!" and even went so far as to say "You're giving up on your soulmate" etc etc. I stopped texting him yesterday afternoon and he has not bugged me since, but I'm a little scared.

Here is the information he knows about me:
    My first and last name
    My phone number
    The general area where I live
    What company I work for (I think)
    When my birthday is and where I will be celebrating (concerns me the most ... I actually lied to him before I stopped talking to him and told him I was too sick to party and he seemed to believe me.)

Should I be worried!? When I look back I realize how silly I was to let him know all of that ... please only positive comments. Most of the conversations we had were on his POF account which he deleted, so he no longer has that info unless he copied and pasted it and kept it.

Is this something to worry about? My birthday is coming up soon and I don't want to have to worry about him trying to locate me at the bars.

I think you should just be more aware. When outside, make sure to look around for suspicious people. Try not to reply if he tries to make contact. Though you have chatted for a week, his true identity and personality is still hidden behind the anonymity of his account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123