+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me please, pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by JMark
    Are you saying that people in 3rd world contries shouldn't have children?!? .
    Well, if I lived in a third world country, *I* wouldn't, but that actually was not what I was saying. There are a lot of differences between living in a western culture and living in a third world culture, the most obvious being that in a third world culture, nearly EVERYONE lives the same sort of lifestyle. I think it feels "normal" to not have access to education, decent housing or designer jeans in poor African countries, for example, and you just don't see the vast differences in lifestyle that exist between the classes in America. Poverty, in my mind, is not what gets to you. It's the disparity between rich and poor.

A $300,000 house is many times more than what is needed.
    That depends on where you live. Not so in large, American cities. (The average house in the area I live in goes for around $600,000, and I live in a pretty average neighborhood.) But it would be nice if that were true in every location. $300,000 would sure cover a lot of housing in a third world country.

I really doubt I'd have a child as well if I were in a 3rd world country (thank God I'm not!). But I guess I was giving an example that was too exagerated. What I meant was that I find the "standerds" stated here, not necessarily by you, to have a child overly ridiculous.

I know houseing can get really expensive close to big cities. First of all I have the impression that we are talking about houses and not apartments. That already takes the price down a lot (though it is still expensive). I know many would hate the idea and say that it is bad, but it could still be a very decent situation for many people. This is just an example of what I mean when I say I find the "standerds" exagerated.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    I really doubt I'd have a child as well if I were in a 3rd world country (thank God I'm not!). But I guess I was giving an example that was too exagerated. What I meant was that I find the "standerds" stated here, not necessarily by you, to have a child overly ridiculous.

I know houseing can get really expensive close to big cities. First of all I have the impression that we are talking about houses and not apartments. That already takes the price down a lot (though it is still expensive). I know many would hate the idea and say that it is bad, but it could still be a very decent situation for many people. This is just an example of what I mean when I say I find the "standerds" exagerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shh!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JMark
    Are you saying that people in 3rd world contries shouldn't have children?!? .

Well, if I lived in a third world country, *I* wouldn't, but that actually was not what I was saying. There are a lot of differences between living in a western culture and living in a third world culture, the most obvious being that in a third world culture, nearly EVERYONE lives the same sort of lifestyle. I think it feels "normal" to not have access to education, decent housing or designer jeans in poor African countries, for example, and you just don't see the vast differences in lifestyle that exist between the classes in America. Poverty, in my mind, is not what gets to you. It's the disparity between rich and poor.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JMark
    A $300,000 house is many times more than what is needed.

That depends on where you live. Not so in large, American cities. (The average house in the area I live in goes for around $600,000, and I live in a pretty average neighborhood.) But it would be nice if that were true in every location. $300,000 would sure cover a lot of housing in a third world country.

This Discussion is fun to watch, but the whole idea here is this guys GF might be pregnant...

No Offense
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Yes, you are correct; in Los Angeles, one doesn't "buy" apartments - condos are the closest thing, but they can't be had for $300,000 either. Really, it is extremely difficult for married couples to buy anything, let alone single mothers. They really are pretty much stuck in terrible living conditions, at least the vast majority are.

As for "exaggerated standards", I guess it just depends on what one wants for their children, but I really haven't seen many moms say they don't want the best for their kids. And honestly, I don't find my standards to be in any way extreme by Western standards. In fact, by comparison, I am rather modest. I don't believe in giving kids cars EVER, cell phones, designer clothes (except for special occassions), the latest "tech" gadgets, etc... Education, though, is not optional; it is mandatory. I'm kind of harsh that way. (Yes, I am a momma.)
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDwarf
    This Discussion is fun to watch, but the whole idea here is this guys GF might be pregnant...

No Offense
    Eh - he's not posted here in a few days. I think he is long gone. What is going on here is the natural progression of dialogue. :-)

Helping!!!!!
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

You know..I think were all forgetting the purpose behind this thread. We dont know where these people live... I was simply stating an example for a home where I live..Where I live you can get a 5 bedroom 3 bath house for 139,900 (our house).
    Reguardless these kids made the desicion to have sex and theyre going to have to pay for it emotionally whether they keep the kid or not.
    Why are we even mentioning 3rd world countries... we dont live in one..so lets forget about what OTHER people would do and comcentrate on these people.
    You know, I dont care if anyone here agrees with me. But yes, I would rather have a mother who loves me enough the moment she lays her eyes on me who will do anything to put a roof over my head and feed me (even if it is hard work) than a person who just wants to give me up because they dont feel like trying.

Let me tell you a little something about me Shh!
    Any person who wants to go to college..can if they put their mind to it. I come from about as broken a home as it can get. I'm not going to go into details. Lets just put it this way..I could have been one of those statistics where I make the desicion to go out and do drugs and do nothing with my life just because my mother didnt. Well, I care enough about myself not to do that. In the end it really all comes down to yourself. In the end it will really come down to that child and what that child wants for themself.
    You cant use poorness as an excuse for this kid not to be able to do anything for themself. When it comes to college... there is financial aid. As long as that child does well in school (his choice) a scholarship can also come into play.
    My point being yes a mother can set the stage for the child, but its up to the child what they want to play on that stage in the end.

I say this from personal experience...
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    You know..I think were all forgetting the purpose behind this thread. We dont know where these people live... I was simply stating an example for a home where I live..Where I live you can get a 5 bedroom 3 bath house for 139,900 (our house).
    Reguardless these kids made the desicion to have sex and theyre going to have to pay for it emotionally whether they keep the kid or not.
    Why are we even mentioning 3rd world countries... we dont live in one..so lets forget about what OTHER people would do and comcentrate on these people.
    You know, I dont care if anyone here agrees with me. But yes, I would rather have a mother who loves me enough the moment she lays her eyes on me who will do anything to put a roof over my head and feed me (even if it is hard work) than a person who just wants to give me up because they dont feel like trying.

Let me tell you a little something about me Shh!
    Any person who wants to go to college..can if they put their mind to it. I come from about as broken a home as it can get. I'm not going to go into details. Lets just put it this way..I could have been one of those statistics where I make the desicion to go out and do drugs and do nothing with my life just because my mother didnt. Well, I care enough about myself not to do that. In the end it really all comes down to yourself. In the end it will really come down to that child and what that child wants for themself.
    You cant use poorness as an excuse for this kid not to be able to do anything for themself. When it comes to college... there is financial aid. As long as that child does well in school (his choice) a scholarship can also come into play.
    My point being yes a mother can set the stage for the child, but its up to the child what they want to play on that stage in the end.

I say this from personal experience...

Not that anyone cares, but somevery famous people come from poor families. It jst goes to show if you put your mind to it you can do anything- Ghandi (I think)

You can go to college with a kid. You can go to college even if your parents didn't.
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

Yes, THEY will, but the kid doesn't have to. That is exactly the point.

But yes, I would rather have a mother who loves me enough the moment she lays her eyes on me who will do anything to put a roof over my head and feed me (even if it is hard work) than a person who just wants to give me up because they dont feel like trying.
    Well, I hate to have to state the obvious, but if she were to give you up, you WOULD have a mother who loved you the minute she set her eyes on you: the adoptive one. And it's VERY simplistic to say that those who choose to adopt out "don't feel like trying".

Any person who wants to go to college..can if they put their mind to it. I come from about as broken a home as it can get.
    Are YOU in college? 'Cause I thought I read on another thread that you said you aren't, even though you ARE college-aged. hmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDwarf
    Not that anyone cares, but somevery famous people come from poor families. It jst goes to show if you put your mind to it you can do anything- Ghandi (I think)

You can go to college with a kid. You can go to college even if your parents didn't.
    Of course you CAN (I am the first in my family to do so), but statistically, it is MUCH less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Of course you CAN (I am the first in my family to do so), but statistically, it is MUCH less likely.

Just pointing it out
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    In fact, by comparison, I am rather modest. I don't believe in giving kids cars EVER, cell phones, designer clothes (except for special occassions), the latest "tech" gadgets, etc... Education, though, is not optional; it is mandatory. I'm kind of harsh that way. (Yes, I am a momma.)
    :-D
    Bravo! I hate spoiled kids. They get on my nerves so badly.

DarkDwarf: I don't see what is wrong about going off topic here. It's done all the time and just contributes to better conversations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123