+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Looks only matter to young women?.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyHotGuy View Post
    It doesn't mean that everyone will like him but rather high percent. So just because you don't find him attractive then he isn't universally good looking?. Haha so it's up to you if people are attractive or not.
    Lol... it's basic logic actually. "Universally" means that EVERYONE likes him (as I said). Provide even just one counterexample (i.e. me, in this case), and it's no longer "universal". A lot of people like him, he just isn't universally liked.

On a more general scale, there simply is no such thing as a "universally attractive" (or "universally unattractive") person.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    @ searock
    I think its called friends. I mean more girlfriend boyfriend realtionships. Bet you never slept with that smart unatractive guy.
    I did. I was attracted to him, even though he was MILES away from what is standardly considered "attractive".

Oh thats sluty.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    On a more general scale, there simply is no such thing as a "universally attractive" (or "universally unattractive") person.
    Actually it's the exact opposite of what you said. "Universally attractive" can exist only on a general scale since there are exceptions to this - hence you have a minority of people who are not attracted to someone to whom the majority is attracted. So, you are both wrong.

Universally means that there are no exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Oh thats sluty.
    How is that slutty? He was my first boyfriend.

I went out with someone about 5 years ago and at the time I thought he was gorgeous lol-all my friends thought I was mad in the head haha and when I see him now I really do think "uh what was I thinking" ha! but at the time there was something about him... It turned out he had a shit personality and really not my type as he was an untrustworthy player. I saw through him about 3 weeks in and told him to take a hike lol.

Its not all about looks. Stop feeling sorry for yourself OP. Get out there and find yourself a date. There is someone for everyone.

I just read the first couple posts and I'd have to agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of guys that my friends think are cute and I don't and vice versa as well. It's just about your taste really. And to be honest a good personality is the biggest turn on and really what makes me like a person. Sure you can be cute but if you are as boring as a piece of wood than I'm not going to like you. I actually wasn't initially attracted to my last boyfriend either it grew with time because now I can say I'm very attracted to him because of who he is. So you really can't say it's only physical appearance that makes someone like someone else. And Ryan gosling is superr attractive not just by his looks but by what a down to earth guy he seems like. And I do know some girls who don't think he's cute.

The first time I met up with my bf, I didn't like his clothes, shoes, and he needed a shave. He looked a bit scruffy but I gave him a chance and the second time we met up-he looked great-exactly my type.

The reason he looked scruffy the first time was coz he was out at a work party the night before and stayed at a colleagues house and hadn't had time to go home first before meeting me. But we got on so well on the date-I wanted to give him another chance even tho I didn't like the whole scruffy look..

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Lol... it's basic logic actually. "Universally" means that EVERYONE likes him (as I said). Provide even just one counterexample (i.e. me, in this case), and it's no longer "universal". A lot of people like him, he just isn't universally liked.

I did. I was attracted to him, even though he was MILES away from what is standardly considered "attractive".
    Your wrong, i have proof.

Go on YouTube(need 15 posts to post links) and write: " The human face - beauty 2\6. From 2:20-2:50.

There are things we can all agree on. Can you back up the things you say with experiments?. Or are you just taking it out of your a##?.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    LOL...How naive. It's called a wallet.
    Don't be silly. Woman may not wish to date the jobless, but most of us these days make money. And to be perfectly honest, I don't see why any young woman SHOULD ignore whether or not a man has income... she is interested in family building, and that requires income, especially if she wants to stay home and raise her own babies.

To be honest, I don't think most young women are smart enough to think about that. ^
    Last edited by vashti; 18-02-13 at 10:48 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yes I don't care how much money he has or where he works as long as he is not a waster who sits at home all day smoking weed and spending his dole money in the bookies lol..
    A job=self respect, pride, independent, a life of his own etc... and it is important to most women. Lots of women are just as independent as men today and most women see giving up work as a sacrifice for their children- not something that they want to do or even enjoy but if it is cheaper than childcare-I can understand why some people choose to do that. It makes more financial sense in some cases.

Personally I hope I never have to be a stay at home mom-its not the life I want for myself but I can understand why it makes more sense for some families...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post

Personally I hope I never have to be a stay at home mom-its not the life I want for myself
    Quite honestly, if this is how you feel about having children (and I don't think there is anything wrong with your train of thought), I don't think you'd be a good candidate for reproducing. Staying some to care for your own children is in their best interests; institutionalized care is something that should be done only as a last resort.
    Last edited by vashti; 18-02-13 at 10:58 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyHotGuy View Post
    Your wrong, i have proof.

Go on YouTube(need 15 posts to post links) and write: " The human face - beauty 2\6. From 2:20-2:50.

There are things we can all agree on. Can you back up the things you say with experiments?. Or are you just taking it out of your a##?.
    Adhering to certain beauty canons doesn't mean "being attractive". A woman can be attracted to a man even if he is miles away from beauty canons. I provided you with evidence from my personal experience, and if you look closer, other posters on this thread have provided further evidence from their own personal experience.

And it's "you're wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Quite honestly, if this is how you feel about having children (and I don't think there is anything wrong with your train of thought), I don't think you'd be a good candidate for reproducing. Staying some to care for your own children is in their best interests; institutionalized care is something that should be done only as a last resort.
    I disagree. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a working mum. And I have family that would be happy to help with childcare a few days a week. I could work part time if necessary. I love kids and Id be a great mum. But I want to be able to provide for them and give them the best in life. What is wrong with that?
    Also I don't believe in being financially dependent on a man. That's giving him permission to walk all over you, treat you badly, have an affair etc which plenty of men take full advantage of and you cannot do a thing about it because you are trapped.

That will not be my life. I will always have a get out of jail free card if I need one. I wont give up my independence but my kids will be loved and looked after every day.
    Last edited by michelle23; 19-02-13 at 05:45 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree. I dont think there is anything wrong with being a working mum. And I have family that would be happy to help with childcare a few days a week.

I could get a nanny in my home or work part time if necessary. I love kids and Id be a great mum. But I want to be able to provide for them and give them the best in life. What is wrong with that?
    Also I dont believe in being financially dependant on a man. Thats giving him permision to walk all over you, treat you badly, have an affair etc and you cannot do a thing about it because you are trapped.

That will not be my life. I will always have a get out of jail free card if I need one. I wont give up my independence but my kids will be loved and looked after every day.
    Ahh, I see. Well, let's hope your family won't mind taking responsibility for YOUR children so that you can afford to buy them a bunch of crap they don't need, and let's hope your nanny makes a good mommy for your kids.

As for your issues with men... eek. You must know know very many good ones.

There is someone for everyone.
    There actually isn't. Otherwise, a lot of folks wouldn't die alone, now would they?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast