+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating, we all hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    We get quite comfortable in a relationship, that we can't imagine
    ourselves being single, and in the same situation that others dread.

We make it out as such a big deal, yes there are people that
    keep waiting and just brush off everyone, and then complain.

I think with us guys, we need to be confident and optimistic
    about any date we go on, and just let it flow, and not over analyze.

Stuff will go wrong, but you need to learn from it, and move on.
    You need some swagger as well, to show that you like being the person you are.

Your conversations will seem a lot more believable, if that is what you feel inside.

The dinner or movie date gets old, so try to initiate contact right away, and
    you'll see how much better you'll feel, as she'll know if she's safe being around you.

We judge people with what they can share with us, not what materialistic good they can provide, so do the little things, and you'll see major rewards in the end.

I want people to add this, as i can just keep bubbling.
    You make a lot of assumptions.

don't know how people can like searching again for that match.
    So if you don't know, then it isn't so, right?

You remind me of my ex... and that's not a good thing.

...I was wondering where ^ this idiot went... I see they didn't put you away in the resting home, Gramps!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

How many dates do you think it should take before the next move?
    Every date should have some positive progression. I don't necessarily believe you need to kiss on the first date, but you need to move things along every date until you get from meeting to crossing home plate. If you don't progress at least a little bit each date, the dating will go stale and fizzle out. 3 minimum-6 maximum dates and I believe you should be sleeping together, but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Cerby; 18-03-13 at 11:37 AM. Reason: used wrong quote
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I like being the aggressor, and I like it when passion spontaneously combusts during or near the end of the date.....it's fun and I don't care if it doesn't work out later.....live in the moment (I think someone mentioned women should live in the moment didn't they kromat83?)
    Ditto.......
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So if you don't know, then it isn't so, right?

You remind me of my ex... and that's not a good thing.
    Ouch, of your ex and your a guy, but i could care less, because i like who i am.

I don't care, if i assume, big deal, that is what i feel about the situations.
    Maybe others have different progressions, but I am fine with how i pointed those out.
    It might turn out, that it doesn't even take as long as you think, but still don't want to rush it.

that is what i feel about the situations.
    This is what's key - this is what YOU feel. Stop trying to force it on other people. "We" don't all hate dating. YOU hate dating.

Senile old man ^ has a point..

It seems that only basil and I don't absolutely dread dating of all the contributors to the thread.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post

It seems that only basil and I don't absolutely dread dating of all the contributors to the thread.
    You both should go on a date than.

I actually find dates where only one of the sides are atracted better than dates where both really likes eachother. Cause in first case at least one have the caurage to express himself but in second case guy and girl are too humble and cant really do much about it.

Lol, that makes any sense..

That's an interesting scenario. Don't you suppose if it isn't completely mutual that one might be just fighting a pointless uphill battle? I see your point about it making it less awkward and easier for the guy.

Actually its best get close to girl before you like her cause once you like her, you become vegetable - too soft and protective afraid to touch and talk freely. Everything just becomes too important - you get paralysed and girl can sense the weakness.

When you are cool about the girl, you do what you want and theres no fear of failure cause its not a big deal if something goes wrong. Girl can sense the balls and thats what they are atracted to - dicks not pussies.

Damn great, now i find out there's a Polish girl in my class, and
    she thinks i should go on a date with one of her friends.

I wasn't expecting anything from talking to her, and thought since she
    was Polish, i'd chat in my native tongue, and now thinks i should go to
    some get togethers, to meet other people.

I been having such a good time talking with the previous, that i want to
    give her at least a chance, better moving on, but i'll tell my friend now,
    that i'll be busy until this certain day.

Nothing like "Hey, I'm interested, but I'm busy for the next three weeks, could we plan something then?" That will work for sure.

You go for it, you go for all the girls that you have a chance at until one sticks. You don't put one off for another one who you haven't even met yet, no woman is going to wait 3 weeks to meet some guy on a blind date. You tell this girl in your class "Set us up for Friday, it will be fun". Then if it goes great, super, and if it doesn't, then you look for another one. Don't assume because one thinks you might be worth dating that it is a sure thing, you need to take as many shots as you can.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    By kissing on the first date, do you mean the cheek, or the lips ?

I don't care how much chemistry we might have, can't see myself going for that right away.
    You know you'll have 30+ years with that person, right ?
    Well, it wasn't a first date for me but rather the second. When the chemistry is there, it can be impossible not to. Have to live it to know this. The 30+ years part isn't mutually exclusive. Have you ever met a couple who knew the moment they met they found their life partner? It's unmistakable for anyone who has lived through it. First date, first month, first decade or lifetime.. makes no difference.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Have you ever met a couple who knew the moment they met they found their life partner? It's unmistakable for anyone who has lived through it. First date, first month, first decade or lifetime.. makes no difference.
    It was so for me.

The day I met her... nay, the moment I saw her I wanted to bed her. After an hour of conversation, I told myself I couldn't possibly be falling in love with her...

but I was.

That was 22 years ago. We've been married (officially, on paper) for almost 2 years. Every day I wake up and think "Really? I got to marry B_______?".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast