+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why can't I be "normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Oh boy; free meals, no effort and a chauffeur for no cost! That's a buncha horse shit! Jesus, women have such strong sense of self-entitlement: "I expect you, the man, to pay for everything. I expect you, the man, to carry conversation. I expect you, the man, to do anything that requires effort. I expect you, the man, to trim my hedges, wash the dishes, fix my car, murder my ex and dump his chopped up body in SF Bay..."
    This is why I think the man should not agree to pay for both on the first date. This can be used as a litmus test - if she has a problem with it then it says a lot about her sense of entitlement and may hint at how little she thinks she has to bring to a relationship compared to the man, and how low she thinks the standards to which she's supposed to be held are compared to that of the man.

Entitlement issues are something that people really should just plain stop tolerating altogether in a relationship imo, unfortunately far too many of us allow them to take off right from the get go and the further down the hill the ball rolls the harder it is to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    This is why I think the man should not agree to pay for both on the first date. This can be used as a litmus test - if she has a problem with it then it says a lot about her sense of entitlement and may hint at how little she thinks she has to bring to a relationship compared to the man, and how low she thinks the standards to which she's supposed to be held are compared to that of the man.

Entitlement issues are something that people really should just plain stop tolerating altogether in a relationship imo, unfortunately far too many of us allow them to take off right from the get go and the further down the hill the ball rolls the harder it is to stop.
    Oh please! Is this forum filled with pussies !?!

Most men are leaders and the dominant personality in a relationship. This manifest itself in a variety of ways and not negative. Most women are looking for leaders and this starts in dating.

The man always pays first.... Period. If a woman insisted on paying her way, I'd wouldn't be asking her out again.

Wow.. you wouldn't ask out a smart, beautiful, put together chick that thought you handsome and really wanted to get to know you better just because she offered to pay her half of the check? Or is that rigidness only reserved if she INSISTS on paying her way?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Wow.. you wouldn't ask out a smart, beautiful, put together chick that thought you handsome and really wanted to get to know you better just because she offered to pay her half of the check? Or is that rigidness only reserved if she INSISTS on paying her way?
    Not offered....insisted. . Offering to pay would be a HUGE turn on. !!

Had a girl pay the bill one time when I went to the bathroom....turned off !
    Last edited by surfhb2; 08-05-13 at 11:29 AM.

phew.. for a minute there I thought I was going to have to disagree with you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post

Most men are leaders and the dominant personality in a relationship. This manifest itself in a variety of ways and not negative. Most women are looking for leaders and this starts in dating.

The man always pays first.... Period. If a woman insisted on paying her way, I'd wouldn't be asking her out again.
    And how exactly is "always paying first" the same as "leadership"? What set of circumstances exists to where in order to be a leader or a dominant figure in a relationship, one must pay for both himself and the woman?

Upon reviewing the meaning of "leadership" and "dominant" a bit more carefully you will find the answer to be...none.

And nobody said anything about her insisting that she pays her way. Even if she did I certainly wouldn't consider that to be worse than her insisting that the man pays for everything - my gold-digger/self-entitlement alarm goes ape-shit in that instance.

Read what you'd said

You stated the man should not pay for both on the first date. Do you have her open the door for you too bro?!? Lol

Ahhhh the modern man....gotta love it!
    Last edited by surfhb2; 08-05-13 at 11:44 AM.

Read what you'd said

You stated the man should not pay for both on the first date. Do you have her open the door for you too bro?!? Lol

Ahhhh the modern man....gotta love it!

Women open doors for me and other people all the time. They always have for as long as I can remember. How is that a problem? How is that even worth bringing up? You trollin bro?

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Women open doors for me and other people all the time. They always have for as long as I can remember. How is that a problem? How is that even worth bringing up? You trollin bro?
    Oh Yeah? Girl opens your car door on dates ?

What about when you get cold sweetie?!? Does she offer you her jacket too? LOL!!

I'd like to hope you understand what I'm talking about in this thread....Jeesh

IMO I think you should just jump off a cliff. You don't care about the weather ....irked by kids, the elderly....you're not religious....do t like it when people approach you....blah blah.

**** it man ! Why are you even here on earth ? You're taking up space

I urge you to see a therapist immediately
    Last edited by surfhb2; 08-05-13 at 12:12 PM.

Stop being so ****ing binary, you tool. Soooo once again, you're propounding the gender role/males paying for certain commodities/keep women subservient BS....Nice to see someone from the early 20th century learn how to use computers.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Stop being so ****ing binary, you tool. Soooo once again, you're propounding the gender role/males paying for certain commodities/keep women subservient BS....Nice to see someone from the early 20th century learn how to use computers.
    Well obviously im generalizing. Traditional Gender roles are important and still hold truth in today's society. This is not being subservient numbs nuts.....good try though

In general, A man is expected to act a certain way and a women should as well. This is why you can simply ask the question: "how do you want your ideal man or woman to be" and you will get some definite answers which will similar from either a male or females point of view. This is my point

Most guys want and expect to pay for the first dates and women expect the man too as well.....you refute this fact?
    Last edited by surfhb2; 08-05-13 at 03:06 PM.

Yeah, back to the kitchen eh? Womens' rights are just Commie thinking, eh bud?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

On the subject of 'who pays', can I offer my theory?

If a man asks me out, then he pays. If I ask him out, then I pay. I understand the theory of a man paying for the first date....but woman can hardly ask a man on a date and expect him to pay can she?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

bnt - that's always been my thinking. If I ask a woman out, it's my duty to pay. If she asks me out, it's hers.

Then again... I'm an actual equal-rights (not feminist) advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    On the subject of 'who pays', can I offer my theory?

If a man asks me out, then he pays. If I ask him out, then I pay. I understand the theory of a man paying for the first date....but woman can hardly ask a man on a date and expect him to pay can she?
    BTW, that's not a theory, that's a hypothesis, until it's been proven by empirical evidence.

However, as I stated above - it's one I believe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast