+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the ****?

I'm 6', 170 lbs. Hardly roided.

I can send you a picture and a paystub if you'd like.

'bob the brave', when will you be brave enough to denounce him for mistreating his dogs?????

If you show you have some character, you might even get this girl's attention.

Sorry, I usually agree with you valixy, but not this time: I'm thinkin 'bob the brave' would be better off foregoing the white knightery and just getting on with his own life without either of them in his thoughts. If anyone should rescue those dogs its the broken twit that stays with the abuser. If you're going to do any animal rescuing, bob, just do it anonymously without trying to get the attention of a broken maiden. You deserve better than her, bob.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

To be honest, Wake up, I couldn't care less for bob's feelings when he chooses to ignore those dogs that are being hurt and I have no genuine interest in helping him to figure out anything about his sentimental drama. He hasn't even answered any of the questions that have been addressed to him by other posters regarding the welfare of the dogs. If he doesn't care about those innocent animals suffering, as far as I am concerned he can continue suffering too.

Then why tell him it may "get her attention?" I guess that was my point.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Because doing the right thing for the dogs is the real priority in my opinion.

I do respect your concern for the animals, I just don't agree with him trying to get her attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I do respect your concern for the animals, I just don't agree with him trying to get her attention.
    Well, since i was the first to actually show concern for the dogs, I neglected to mention the obvious anonymous route rather than use it in any way to "win her over"..I was thinking about the ethical issue that should honestly have taken priority over the romantic one..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

He will keep on hanging on this girl for some time, so he might as well help those animals meanwhile.

I think it was a way to convince him to take action.

Thats why I commented. If he's going to save the dogs then do it anonymously. Giving up a two legged animal to save a four legged one seemed rather counter intuitive to moi.

Well, I wasn't thinking of bob when I gave him my 'advice'. I was thinking of a way to help the dogs.

Thats why I commented. If he's going to save the dogs then do it anonymously.
    Yes, but the most important part is that he does it (anonymously or not). If to get him to do it he needs to believe that it will make him get the girl's attention, then so be it... I mean, of course it would be better to do it anonymously, but whatever it takes, as long as it gets done!

I agree that doing it anonymously would be best. Hopefully he'll care enough to do that.

Relax with dogs people ! Bet they not so bad treated. IF animals dont like home they just run away. If they still with him that means food is worth it. OP must have been too dramatic anyway.

I have new theory about that guy however. He sounds like colorful personality, real diferent than other guys, he have the guts to do what he wants(why be pussy when you can be a dick?), often getting in centre of attention(like real man should) and not be afraid to hurt others(might be egoistic self loving dude) Bottom line - this guy have his strenghts, he might be complete bonehead but he have enought sex drive to keep multiple womens in his life. This keeps balance over his negative traits so in the end he might even do more positive impact on planet than negative. In any case sounds like theres a lot of impact already.

This could be the reason why he is more atractive than society prisoned good guys. This guy have no cage. He have social freedom and strenght to live in his own reality.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-05-13 at 06:07 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast