+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: exclusivity

i believe the whole point of those hormones is to bond a man and woman together and their offspring. these hormones play a role in sex, orgasm, childbirth, breatfeeding and the vasopressin kicks in as soon as he holds the bab. it makes a lot of sense and has solid scientific research to back it up unlike people who claim that humans are not meant to be monogamous. if you read those articles they have nothing to back up their theory and the way its worded is in anger by some sex addict who just got caught cheating on his wife.

anyway people will believe whatever it suits them to believe. a cheating man wont believe my theory just like i wont believe his.

its all bollox anyway. its not important in the grand scheme of things. if someone cheated on me i wouldnt waste my time going through the "why" with a fine tooth comb. id just tell him to go f**k himself and get on with my life. same if he asked for an open relationship. its not for me

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    i am allowed to disagree with you without you assuming that im 100% wrong and your right.
    Who the **** said you were'nt?

no it wasnt about a cult but it came across that way particularly one english man who had 12 wives and they were all terrified of him. he had them all in tears as he laid down the law during dinner. and the kids were scared of him too. he was a dictator.
    This has nothing to do with what I've been talking about and, it does sound like a cult.

none of the women in this particular doc seemed happy. they all looked broken and tired apart from the two bi women as it was their idea to have that relationship dynamic and it suited them because they wanted to explore their sexuality.
    Why don't you look at "Sister Wives" and you'll have a different perspective about they dynamic. Better yet, read about it by people who are actually not forced into or afraid of their partners because there is no cult leader.

and it is a way to show off money, power, status etc. it always has been. the only fair dynamic that suits all parties involved are bisexual couples.
    that wouldn't be true, but just your opinion.

if someone cheated on me i wouldnt waste my time going through the "why" with a fine tooth comb. id just tell him to go f**k himself and get on with my life. same if he asked for an open relationship. its not for me
    This (this being this discussion) isn't about you, michelle. This is a discussion on polyamory, not "cheating" cheating has nothing to do with poly relationships.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 16-05-13 at 04:50 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

i was talking about hormones, research as to why. i said i wouldnt waste my time. i will do some research on it tomorrow

Then wtf did you use the word "cheating?"

Anyway, hormones aside. poly relationships do exist, the people in them are'nt cheaters nor are thet narcissists without hormones... and even though it's not my cup of tea, I realize that these relationships are possible and people are extremely happy within them. Like I said, I think in a few years they will be lobbying for equal rights to be legally married to more then one person so they can enjoy the spousal benefits just like homosexuals have done in many places in the world and exceeded in getting what they wanted.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 16-05-13 at 05:06 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123