+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My best friend

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    Sadly not the first time. He did it once before, saying that it was because I'm married. But he did come around after a while.

I don't really understand if he sees me as just a friend, or something more?
    My question is do you see him as just a friend or something more?

How come you and your husband don't meet this so called "friend?" Why did you tell him "no" to that? You've said your husband doesn't want you meeting "internet men." Does your husband know how involved with this particular 'internet man' you've become?

I do believe you're far more invested in this "friendship" then your friend is.
    I also find it quite sad that you have invested so much emotion in someone you've never met, which indicates to me that there is some huge distance in the emotional connection you (don't) share with your real live hubby.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 04-11-13 at 07:17 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    My question is do you see him as just a friend or something more?
    I really don't know.... he is not the type I'd date, we really don't click on many levels, but somehow I got so attached to him that my heart is literally breaking from this rejection.

How come you and your husband don't meet this so called "friend?" Why did you tell him "no" to that? You've said your husband doesn't want you meeting "internet men." Does your husband know how involved with this particular 'internet man' you've become?
    I can understand why husband feels the way he does about meeting strange men on the internet. It's inappropriate at least and dangerous at worst. I know the guy, but hub doesn't, so of course he will say no.

I do believe you're far more invested in this "friendship" then your friend is.
    I think so too, obviously-- if he can just drop me like that.

I also find it quite sad that you have invested so much emotion in someone you've never met, which indicates to me that there is some huge distance in the emotional connection you (don't) share with your real live hubby.
    Hub and I have an OK relationship but I'm in therapy right now for depression and issues within our marriage.

Yah... need more info to get a read on it. Could go any number of ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123