+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In love with both my boyfriend and my best friend?

Thank you everyone for the advice. It's clear to me now that I should break up with my boyfriend. While he is a great guy, I don't see myself spending the rest of my life with him.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    OP, after you talk to your friend, if he still doesn't appear to be interested in becoming physically intimate with you, you should definitely cut him off from your life. He is just going to hold you back, anchored to him, unable to ever find a guy with whom you can truly be happy with.
    I definitely see where you are coming from and I do agree that I don't want the same thing happening with a new boyfriend, because I have had to deal with the se feelings for him with every relationship I've had. :/ however, I am going to talk with him. I haven't gotten in to depth about my feelings for him and I know I need to clear lots of things up. However, I don't want to cut things off with him if he isn't interested. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with him, and whether that is in a relationship of just best friends, I am just so happy that he is in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    World class expert here. Searock is correct. Wakeup is Canadian.

Carry on.

(Sidenote: polyamory is for simpletons.)
    So is drug taking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you everyone for the advice. It's clear to me now that I should break up with my boyfriend. While he is a great guy, I don't see myself spending the rest of my life with him.
    Nor will you see yourself spending the rest of your life with any other man either as long as you carry on in your (what I think isn't love at all but infatuation and obsession) current interactions with your friend.

He stops you from being truly vulnerable to another and that is why you "can't see yourself" with this one.
    If after your discussion he decides that he doesn't want to be your true romantic partner then you will be stuck in this rut of not being able to see yourself with anyone else until you stop all interaction with him and rehab from the addiction of what you two are doing to one another.

Good luck, I hope he accepts your invitation to be something more then he currently is to you and you're able to have matched libidos so that you don't continue to get that portion of your wants from another.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123