+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cute guys w/ugly girlfriends and vice versa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLAH!
    Been trying to figure this out. My friends have one theory i am wondering how you feel on the subject. So I MUST ask!?!

Why do good looking guys date ugly women? And the other way around?!
    Love?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Love?
    OV, you've shocked me.

I didn't know that you believed in such a thing.

:]

well some of my ex's have told me that they tought they were too ugly to date me , then i tought "wtf is wrong with you woman?!?!" ...thing is most of them were amazingly attractive to me and to alot of other guys , i dated 1 girl that i wasnt that attracted to and it ended up being a crappy relationship , because of her way of thinking . i tought back then "well il give it a shot because i wont be too shallow and reject her only because of looks"

i dont really know the answer but it really depends on each couple , i guess some are because they dont realize how attractive one is , or some have low self esteem and they think they cant do better , some fall in love , some stay just because they like the goods and the rest sucks but they put up with it ... it could be a thousand reasons .

But the thing is , why would they date someone who they find unattractive (repulsive would be too much) in the first place ? i did that once , and i found no connection with the girl , the worst part is that she was latina (like me , but from another country) ... and even there it was still bad .

a lot of people are caught up in appearances. not all that glitters is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    OV, you've shocked me.

I didn't know that you believed in such a thing.

:]
    If I did not I would not be visiting "love" forums most likely

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    I like that saying. Misombra, you crazy chica.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

This is a very interesting subject for me.

Some time ago, I went out to clubs about twice a week, usually with the same buddy. One night I met what most would consider a drop-dead georgeous girl, very sweet and friendly, offered/gave me her number but for whatever reason I just wasn't interested and didn't call. The spark just wasn't there.

A few nights later I ran into her again at another club/resturant where she was with her sister, (equally georgeous) another friend (Playmate quality, I later found out indeed she had been a Playboy centerfold) and a rather plain, a bit heavy but still kinda cute (to me) brunette with a killer personality and sense of humor. The first girl invited me to join them at their table which I did. I clicked immediately with 'Plain Jane.' We laughed, talked and danced for hours.

Club was closing... I told her my bike was parked outside, she asked to see it. As we walked out, my buddy grabbed me and whispered 'Man are you drunk or just blind? You could have any of those hot girls and you picked the ugly one.'

Well, the 'ugly one' and I made a date on the spot (in the parking lot with a little goodnight kiss) for a motorcycle ride by the beach and in the woods the following Sunday. We were together every night (yeah even in *that* way) from that first date on. Six months later, we were married. It WAS a good marriage that sadly ended (amicably) due to outside circumstances five years later. We're still friends and occassionally there are hints of a reconcilation. Probably won't happen, but the moral of the story is, cliche as it sounds, it's what's inside that counts in the long run.

Also I've found it interesting that if you look at rich and famous rock and movie stars as well as professional atheletes, quite often the spouses are not all that 'hot' by 'accepted' standards

It's all about attitude and personality IMHO.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 21-01-06 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Well, the 'ugly one' and I made a date for a motorcycle ride the following Sunday. We were together every night from then on. Six months later, we were married. It WAS a good marriage that sadly ended amicably due to outside circumstances five years later. We're still friends and occassionally there are hints of a reconcilation. Probably won't happen, but the moral of the story is, cliche as it sounds, it's what's inside that counts in the long run.
    Song:

If you wanna be happy
    For the rest of your life,
    Never make a pretty woman your wife,
    So from my personal point of view,
    Get an ugly girl to marry you.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    This is an interesting subject for me. Some time ago, I went out to clubs about twice a week, usually with the same buddy. One night I met what most would consider a drop-dead georgeous girl, very sweet and friendly, offered me her number but for whatever reason I just wasn't interested and didn't call. The spark just wasn't there.

A few nights later I run into her at another club where she was with her sister, (equally georgeous) another friend (Playmate quality, I later found out she had posed) and a rather plain, a bit heavy but kinda cute brunette with a killer personality and sense of humor. The first girl invited me to join them at their table which I did. I clicked immediately with 'plain Jane.' We laughed, talked and danced for hours.

When I told her my bike was parked outside, she asked to see it. As we walked out, my buddy grabbed me and whispered 'Man are you drunk or just blind? You could have any of those girls and you picked the ugly one.'

Well, the 'ugly one' and I made a date for a motorcycle ride the following Sunday. We were together every night from then on. Six months later, we were married. It WAS a good marriage that sadly ended amicably due to outside circumstances five years later. We're still friends and occassionally there are hints of a reconcilation. Probably won't happen, but the moral of the story is, cliche as it sounds, it's what's inside that counts in the long run.

I've found it interesting that if you look at rich and famous rock and movie stars and professional atheletes, quite often the spouses are not all that 'hot.'

It's all about attitude and personality IMHO.
    Aww, blackie - that is a very nice story. You sound like a very nice man.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Is it just me or is blackie in the minority? NO OFFENSE I didn't mean it in a bad way!! I mean, I think blackie has substance

you know what it is? i'll tell you how it is for me...

i've gone out with girls that are "beneath" me. why? cuz i didn't think they were "beneath" me at all. everyone else did. beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. not only that, but what we see with our eye is so strongly influenced by our mind. what i mean is...lets say you spot a 6...you get to know her and she's AWESOME! well...sometimes it happens slowly, sometimes it happens with a sudden realization...but she starts to look more and more like a 9...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Thanks Vashti and Doll69-

Every word of that story is true.

So why am I sitting here alone? Guess what they say about nice guys is true. Oh well, somebody will appreciate me someday.... Hopefully...

Edited to add: What toohot4pants said is SO true. It's all relative...Give me a 6 that snuggles under the covers on a cold rainy night with a bottle of wine and an old movie on the DVD and she becomes a 10 or even 12 instantly.

Sheeezzz....Some lady out there is missing a bet if I say so myself LOL
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 20-01-06 at 11:28 PM.

I always say; If she aint a 10, It aint goin in.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I always say; If she aint a 10, It aint goin in.
    TAVS-that doesn't even rhyme.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    Damn straight.

Some of the best looking people I've met have been the most awful. Some of the ugliest people I've met are the most amazing. I guess it's all about balance too.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

opposites attract?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast